Got coached on my 90th day for pushing 25 carts on the pusher

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm worried I'm going not be able to get cross trained. and I thought you could only get coached after 90 days. and I got coached by team lead in softlines is that even possible from a different section help please

22 I think it was, *without* the cart pusher. In front of my ETL GE haha, he was pushing the same....desperate times called for desperate measures! :p

Wait, there's a limit to the cart pusher? :D

Why the hell is the softlines TL coaching you on how you do carts?
I bet you are going to be best friends.

I could train you to be the Greatest Cart Attendant In The World, but then you might try to steal my job.

Nahhhhhh, he wouldn't look NEARLY as good in a kilt.

One never knows!

18cfff350f08cd527f1a4ca7ed50bf97.jpg

Anytime you get coached for something it's because they don't like you for something else. Sorry. It could just be that one TL though.

I've done 100 carts on the pusher before and got coached by an etl lol. Back when I was a newbie ;)

My most by hand is 30.most by cart pusher like 90.I know it's bad but they don't know about that one they said I had nearly 100 2 nights ago I told her that was a lie and argued with you and told her that this is not her depertment And she should not be coaching me and I left and she said stay for a minute and told her no she wasaid mad

At the end of the day, she is still a TL and is able to coach and write corrective action for any team member in the store. If you're pushing more than the maximum amount of carts allowed by Target, then you can be coached for safety and those are taken seriously. Next coaching for the same safety issue would be a write up. You could also be written up for insubordination. That can actually be a direct final or immediate termination based on the situation.

Just a word of advice, treat your managers with a modicum of respect. Sometimes they're in the wrong, many times the TM is in the wrong. Don't be an ass to your TLs. That will get you put on the shit list faster than you can say CIHYFS?

Your attitude, as shown in this thread and others, is very poor. You should adjust it if you want out of pushing carts.

I was in the right and told them to look at the camera I think she and some other managers and etls are dumb at my store they stab you in the back.it was a bad week but I am still the best cart attandant at my store because I'm the only one who will put up with working nights. and they only one who will put up with the other cart attandant not doing there job during the day.not saying all are cart attandants are bad.ps I am the best cart attandant ever

...the etl and after she says you are doing a good job only to tell me i have a bad attitude.and she put it in the email at the end of night. and the one lod that loves me this morning told me rumor says you have in attitude...

So I'm worried I'm going not be able to get cross trained. and I thought you could only get coached after 90 days. and I got coached by team lead in softlines

I told her that was a lie and argued with you and told her that this is not her depertment And she should not be coaching me and I left and she said stay for a minute and told her no she wasaid mad

My most by hand is 30.most by cart pusher like 90.I know it's bad but they don't know about that one they said I had nearly 100 2 nights ago I told her that was a lie and argued with you and told her that this is not her depertment And she should not be coaching me and I left and she said stay for a minute and told her no she wasaid mad

That is what you consider being in the right? Please enlighten us on what part of any of that is "right." You're flat out admitting you had about 90 on the pusher but they supposedly "don't know about it," (obviously they do) yet you tell your team lead she/he is lying. Then you tell the team lead this is not her department, she shouldn't be coaching you, and get up and leave? How do you still have a job? She's still a team lead, she's still above you. She can still coach and correct as she sees fit. Would you tell the ETL-AP that its not his department if he coached you and to stick to AP? You're lucky with the way that you talked to that team lead that all you got was a coaching for too many carts. That was so utterly disrespectful. I've read your past posts as well too, and like @DoWork said, your attitude is very poor.

Also, the fact that you work nights does not make you the best cart attendant ever, or even a good one. You seem to be disillusioned.

With that attitude, you will go nowhere at Target, or any job for that matter. I will be very surprised if they keep you much longer. Sorry if this is harsh, but you asked, I answered.

If you want anything positive to happen, your attitude has to change NOW. Next time you clock in you have to be the most pleasant mf that place has ever seen, from here on out. We are here to support you and guide you if that's in fact what you want, but you have to really want it, not just come here to try to validate yourself and justify your actions.

OK the only reason I have that many carts on a pusher because the newer guy's dont do trash or hangers. And when not busy they take the reserves.so they don't have to do anything the whole shift.and last night the guy before me left me less then 10 carts.being a cart attandant is fun but at target it's terrible.I know after last night I am not getting promoted or cross trained.but at least I said my peace to the softlines team lead. I felt jerrked around by target it was not right I know but the treat every other cart attandant like gold but me like dirt I come in every time the call me inow and get treated like dirt and everyone other cart attandants get tre as red fairly.

Target isn't perfect but there are some pretty basic things that go into any job.
Having a good attitude no matter what they throw at you goes a long way towards both making your day more tolerable and people wanting to move you up.
The fact is that in a big retail store you really do have a lot of bosses.

Sure there is the main person you see most of the time but any one of the TLs or ETLs can coach you or ask you to do something.
Saying your piece might make you feel better but if you had accepted the coaching with grace and dignity, telling them you understood that you had done something wrong and had no intention of doing it again, I suspect they wouldn't think about it again.
Instead you have now established yourself as someone who would rather talk back than listen which is not a great place to be in.

So I'm worried I'm going not be able to get cross trained. and I thought you could only get coached after 90 days. and I got coached by team lead in softlines is that even possible from a different section help please

I have a few questions to ask? Did you fill out a learning plan or do cart pusher certificate on work bench? Also, there is a safety label on the pusher that tells you the cart limit & other stuff.
On the coaching matter, take it a lesson learn to be safe. Get those certs done, please.

My client was never trained on the cart pusher and was never certified. There are no warnings on the machine. My client is being discriminated against!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back