Archived Grocery transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called one of the four stores in my district who is also going through this "optimization" and begged for them to send people. I have an extra 80 hours saved and I'm going to use them all, by gum.

Just spoke to the contractors today ... I have to demerchandise TEN AISLES in one night so that they can move the gondolas over 11 inches. What a nightmare.

That sounds fantastic
lmoud.gif

The sarcasm is almost gone with NPH saying it.

Soda is staying in an aisle in my store. God, I hope we don't have to change it again soon!

gonna be fun.. was shorted 20 hours next week and 55 hours the following week plus we are behind from this week lol. our set is split into two weeks i told them.. you do realize everything is moving around? theres no way we are going to get it done without those hours.

Soda should be staying in an aisle just moving to the very last aisle, before Seasonal. I think this is so when we have one of the huge Soda deals that are insanely popular, guests are dragged the whole way through the store (leaving them more inclined to buy something extra).

At least at my store, this is the case.

Because they want guests to walk as far into the store as possible for popular items hoping to snag them on impulse buys on their way out. Same reason grocery chains have eggs, milk & butter toward the back of the store.
Consumer Reports had a real good article yrs back about all the merchandising tricks of the trade. It even talked about how much vendors paid for prime shelf placement (eye level). That's why you'll see vendors get ugly if they come by & their endcap isn't being maintained.

Soda, at the end of grocery, makes no sense to me.

Makes sense, they have to schlep by everything else to get to it, why milk is always in the back of the Pfresh or the back of a grocery store. It makes sense in my store it keeps vendors even more contained. That isle for my store is right off the backroom doors.

Yup. A couple of my previous jobs were at grocery stores and it's cut throat on how they decide placement for everything. Also usually more scientific than how Target does it--though with the new layout at least some of the things make a little more sense and despite the fact we've had guests lost for an hour in grocery (who repeatedly refused help) the complaints about our layout have already gone down...cause they can figure out where things will be based on what they're next to (except how they split applesauce into two aisles. Wut).

My store is setting this week. Here's to re-learning the layout of market yet again!

The Grocery Transition this week pretty much destroyed the Flow team. No one knew where anything was, the pick labels were wrong, stuff was bowled out in the wrong spot and so on

We just started day 1 of the 2 week reset today so far can't really say how it's going cause it just seems like nothing much got done the team has been here since 4 yet the aisle hasn't been filled yet (it was all demerched last night) so Still interested to see how the rest of this is gonna go...hopefully a little bit better probably just getting into the groove of things

My store is setting this week. Here's to re-learning the layout of market yet again!

hahaha. Just when I had finally gotten used to everything post-remodel... Ours hasn't even started yet, and market looks awful. There are entire shelves and small parts of sections empty in some isles. But it made zoning G last night super easy :D

hahaha. Just when I had finally gotten used to everything post-remodel... Ours hasn't even started yet, and market looks awful. There are entire shelves and small parts of sections empty in some isles. But it made zoning G last night super easy :D

I'm hoping that works in my favor since a TON of the POGs are moving at my store. Sooooo looking forward to de-merchandising the entire aisle of soup. >:-|

My store launched the reset this week, tonight is an overnight for lots of our team members. Just remember to be courteous to the other facets of your store - the flow team is screwed on learning new locations now, the backroom team will most likely get slammed with backstock, front end and reverse logistics will get hit with all the dented cans to process, POG will be busy up to their eyes, price change has been managing all the clearance, market team moving the d-code. It'll get ugly for everyone, remember we're all in this together.

(Special thanks to my store's POG leader who recruited help to get all the dented cans defected out before sending them to me in reverse logistics to scan and box for donation. Coulda been a disaster for me, a few people pitched in to make it work. Hope we can help the backstock/pull situation along as well, looks like we will so far, don't want to bury the backroom during a transition like this.)

Grocery transition 2014 a prime example why I hate losing the Consumble team lead. Vendors werent told in advance what day their ailses would be reset. I'm asked to contact them and get them in the store. POG team naturally loads up flat tubs and carts with excess vendor product. Exess is because facings have been reduced and not because I let vendors bring in what ever they want. Flow tl wants them empty before end of day. I just knew going into this week these would be issues I would face. 2 days down 3 to go.

My store launched the reset this week, tonight is an overnight for lots of our team members. Just remember to be courteous to the other facets of your store - the flow team is screwed on learning new locations now, the backroom team will most likely get slammed with backstock, front end and reverse logistics will get hit with all the dented cans to process, POG will be busy up to their eyes, price change has been managing all the clearance, market team moving the d-code. It'll get ugly for everyone, remember we're all in this together.

(Special thanks to my store's POG leader who recruited help to get all the dented cans defected out before sending them to me in reverse logistics to scan and box for donation. Coulda been a disaster for me, a few people pitched in to make it work. Hope we can help the backstock/pull situation along as well, looks like we will so far, don't want to bury the backroom during a transition like this.)

ryan-shaking-head.gif

Market moving dcode? I dont have time for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back