Archived Gross Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at our store we can't close the restrooms down to clean them anymore so females can only clean women's restroom. So yesterday I had the honor of picking up a bloody tampon off the floor. Oh and the first toilet had a stack of seat covers soaked in urine just sitting there...

The other day my fellow co-worker and I watched a female guest stick her hand in her pants, give her lady parts a good scratch, and her underwear an adjustment, before touching the merchandise. When she left we went to inspect and there was a pubic hair on the outside of the box. We gagged and then proceeded to ask the LOD what we should do with it. If I saw someone do that I would NOT buy it. He promptly told us to just defect it out :p

....and they laughed when I ordered elbow-length rubber gloves....
Right? I suggested that one of the Cart Attendants go across the parking lot to the Dick's Sporting Goods and buy a couple packs of the game cleaning glove. Those go up to your shoulders.

The other day my fellow co-worker and I watched a female guest stick her hand in her pants, give her lady parts a good scratch, and her underwear an adjustment, before touching the merchandise. When she left we went to inspect and there was a pubic hair on the outside of the box. We gagged and then proceeded to ask the LOD what we should do with it. If I saw someone do that I would NOT buy it. He promptly told us to just defect it out :p
:eek:
That's worse than the lady I watched, on camera, pick up one of the wallets in accessories, and lick it. She opened it up, stuck here tongue out as far as she could, and gave it a good once over. I couldn't trespass her fast enough. Her justification?
"I wanted to see if it would work,"
She never tried to deny it, just left.

:eek: That's worse than the lady I watched, on camera, pick up one of the wallets in accessories, and lick it. She opened it up, stuck here tongue out as far as she could, and gave it a good once over. I couldn't trespass her fast enough. Her justification?
"I wanted to see if it would work,"
She never tried to deny it, just left.
People are disgusting these days. I mean I know sometimes those regions itch but to literally stick your hand in your pants in public to scratch your lady region is a bit much. I have a feeling the worst is yet to come...

That's disgusting! Wonder if she has mental issues. She sounds messed up in the head. *now gags and throws up*

I had forgotten about this until I saw the thread just now. When my Sr. GSTL was LOD, a female guest had a miscarriage in Softlines. Blood everywhere. He was freaking out, had no idea what to do, and eventually the paramedics came and took her away. He told me that he had to scrub the carpet for 30 minutes or so to get the blood out. So very, very glad that I didn't work that day.

I had forgotten about this until I saw the thread just now. When my Sr. GSTL was LOD, a female guest had a miscarriage in Softlines. Blood everywhere. He was freaking out, had no idea what to do, and eventually the paramedics came and took her away. He told me that he had to scrub the carpet for 30 minutes or so to get the blood out. So very, very glad that I didn't work that day.
That's actually really sad...

Had to clean up a shelf where I found a used baby wipe encrusted with clumps of fecal matter today, which a guest so considerately decided to leave by the baby formula. No, I'm not an LOD. Yes, I told the LOD (our STL, of all people) and she replied that she didn't know what I expected her to do about it, asked if there were gloves handy, and then never replied again. So I put on the gloves, grabbed my handy dandy can of spray disinfectant, and took care of the situation, because there was no way I was going to leave poop on the shelf in my zone. (I used to babysit full time, so I'm not unfamiliar with handling baby poop... I just usually get paid better to handle it.) That was a lovely adventure, and you could say my relationship with my STL is pretty crappy right now.

Had to clean up a shelf where I found a used baby wipe encrusted with clumps of fecal matter today, which a guest so considerately decided to leave by the baby formula. No, I'm not an LOD. Yes, I told the LOD (our STL, of all people) and she replied that she didn't know what I expected her to do about it, asked if there were gloves handy, and then never replied again. So I put on the gloves, grabbed my handy dandy can of spray disinfectant, and took care of the situation, because there was no way I was going to leave poop on the shelf in my zone. (I used to babysit full time, so I'm not unfamiliar with handling baby poop... I just usually get paid better to handle it.) That was a lovely adventure, and you could say my relationship with my STL is pretty crappy right now.

Did you ever take the hazardous material training? Cause if not, someone who has done the training should have been the one to clean it up.

I was closing lod last night and this is the conversation I had with my cart attendant and tps

CA: lod and ap to 3 please
Lod: on 3 and I'm with tps go ahead
CA: what do I do about somebody using the outside trashcans as a bathroom?
Lod: we'll be right there. You are not to do anything!
CA: OK I will stop them
The tps and I get outside and the cart attendant is covered in puke and shit the trash can is on its side and the guest was peeing on the sidewalk.

I was closing lod last night and this is the conversation I had with my cart attendant and tps

CA: lod and ap to 3 please
Lod: on 3 and I'm with tps go ahead
CA: what do I do about somebody using the outside trashcans as a bathroom?
Lod: we'll be right there. You are not to do anything!
CA: OK I will stop them
The tps and I get outside and the cart attendant is covered in puke and shit the trash can is on its side and the guest was peeing on the sidewalk.
LEEEEEROOOOYYYYY JEEEEENKINNNS

Did you ever take the hazardous material training? Cause if not, someone who has done the training should have been the one to clean it up.
Not at Target, but at the daycare I interned at in the past when I worked with babies and toddlers who frequently got sick. The LOD refused to take care of it, and we didn't have AP, so SOMEBODY had to do something about it.

Not at Target, but at the daycare I interned at in the past when I worked with babies and toddlers who frequently got sick. The LOD refused to take care of it, and we didn't have AP, so SOMEBODY had to do something about it.

Nah screw that. I would have told the LOD to deal with it themselves, cause If nobody in the building has signed off on both Target's Identifying and Cleaning of Hazardous Materials training, then that lovely job falls on the LOD. Anyone in a supervisory position is suppose to have done it, so GSA and up.

The only exception I think is Cart Attendant, which may have to complete the training, but I don't know for sure.

Nah screw that. I would have told the LOD to deal with it themselves, cause If nobody in the building has signed off on both Target's Identifying and Cleaning of Hazardous Materials training, then that lovely job falls on the LOD. Anyone in a supervisory position is suppose to have done it, so GSA and up.

The only exception I think is Cart Attendant, which may have to complete the training, but I don't know for sure.
The Cart attendant does get the training

The Cart attendant does get the training

Thank you.

So it should fall on the Cart Attendant, the GSA/Other TL in the store, or the LOD to deal with any bodily fluids.And they're supposed to clean it up with a certain kit (PPC? I forget the acronym) yet nobody in my leadership actually knows where they are kept. So technically, I am certified to clean up hazardous materials even though I'm no longer a supervisor. Thankfully, I haven't had to clean up anything like that.

What our store does is it'll schedule every tm as a CA every so often that way everyone is trained to clean up dangerous spills

The LODs are paid the slightly-big-to-big bucks because it is their job to deal with shit like this. Still great that you stepped up but now its going to be harder for you to tell some ETL or SrTL that no, wiping poop off the floor isn't your job.

In other news, this is why you should not be some idiot dumbass who doesn't check flow's tub every day:
8Krc2Sd.jpg

Bigfoot snot or a spilled bottle of Murphy Oil and who knows what else?
Took me forever to re-bag everything in there, haven't even cleaned the bin out yet. Just dumped half a bag of that absorbing powder and put it aside for tomorrow(?) because even emptying it out while standing right at the receiving door that incredibly lemon-y smell wafting forth was getting to be too much.

Last edited:
Back in the early days in the front lanes, we used to have hazmat training for all our cashiers who were moms.
Why?
Having kids, they were experienced in dealing with vomit, diarrhea, blood & what-have-you without flinching.

Thank you.

So it should fall on the Cart Attendant, the GSA/Other TL in the store, or the LOD to deal with any bodily fluids.And they're supposed to clean it up with a certain kit (PPC? I forget the acronym) yet nobody in my leadership actually knows where they are kept. So technically, I am certified to clean up hazardous materials even though I'm no longer a supervisor. Thankfully, I haven't had to clean up anything like that.
The acronym is PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). The hazmat gloves are supposed to be in each spill station in various sizes, kept in baggies. Legend has it the goggles are supposed to be there, too, but that doesn't seem to happen in reality.

Hazardous material training states that unless you have the training, you aren't supposed to handle that (by law I think maybe, but at least by store policy). The only messes you are allowed to clean up are food and consumable liquids. You let the LOD or hazard certified TM know and they are supposed to take care of it properly.

That is a very serious liability issue; the company can be sewed for millions in the event something happens. That goes for anything in this thread; I'm a little shocked at some of these stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back