Archived Gross Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was a new low for me! A mom loaded all her groceries up on the belt and as I finished checking and bagging her son (around 3) was standing in the cart leaning over the belt as it moved. Well he proceeded to Luke on the belt and since it was moving the puke went under the belt and the chunky bits made it on to my scanner and on to me.
Yeah I may have screeched in shock! Oh and that check out lane will probably be blocked off for a while.
On the plus side I received a free red shirt and khakis from my LOD since I was the closing cashier and no one else available was over 18.

proceeded to luke lol

I'm sure I've posted this somewhere before... When I was a cart attendant many moons ago, I found a cart in the far back of the parking lot filled with several melons. We are not a Super T. We are not a P Fresh. We're a ULV general merchandise store and we do not sell watermelons. They were rotting and cracked open, it was humid/hot out. So many bees and flies.

I've heard stories of people getting poopy diapers from a left out cart. Also people doing #2 in the fitting room. So disgusting.

Oh, and one I experienced personally. I was working a whole weekend. On Friday, I find an empty box of condoms. That same Sunday I end up finding the condoms the next aisle over from where I had found the box. Someone can't afford to not have another child?

Recently, someone peed on the carpet in our fitting room. Also, someone shit all over the back of the toilet in the "ladies" room recently. Like, sprayed it all over the back of the toilet. And a kid puked on the floor in Food Ave. Ewwww.

Retail is nasty.

Cleaning up a kid's pee smeared with mustard from Food Ave was pretty great. (no idea how that happened)
But the best is probably Code Red. And not the red you're thinking of. Ah the memories of the women's bathroom

Cleaning up a kid's pee smeared with mustard from Food Ave was pretty great. (no idea how that happened)
But the best is probably Code Red. And not the red you're thinking of. Ah the memories of the women's bathroom

Oh lord.

All the Code Red's I had to clean up in the women's room at the petrol station...

Yesterday I found a tampon on the floor of the women's restroom.....

edit: keep it classy, central florida.

I have two. First is we have a trash can at our guest service that things that didn't get qmosed or repacked the night before goes into for the opener with more time. We have had newbies not do the bucket for a week. I find a rotting banana. I had to defect everything and bag it because it reeked that badly.

Second was a mother just whipped her breast out to feed her child, in the middle of the transaction. Theres nothing wrong with this, but breast feeding bothers me for some reason. After the baby is finished, it throws up. All over mom, the service desk and her other kid. It took every fiber of my being to not throw up right there.

It's awesome that you can realize that not liking breastfeeding is your issue, not anyone else's. I wish more people had that kind of attitude about other people doing things they don't like.

(I do totally agree with you that baby puke is disgusting, though)

It's awesome that you can realize that not liking breastfeeding is your issue, not anyone else's. I wish more people had that kind of attitude about other people doing things they don't like.

(I do totally agree with you that baby puke is disgusting, though)

I don't know what it is about baby barf but it smells worse than normal barf. Also, the breastfeeding only bothers me when they're not discrete about it. She literally just whipped it out, essentially flashed me, then had the kid latch on. Like broke decency laws before the kid latched on.

A garment came up to the service desk from the fitting room. I swear someone had to have thrown it on the floor, stood over it and pissed all over it. Well, someone put it in the PAID AND LEFT box and then some others neglected to process the P&L for like 3 days (gee I wonder why). SO - when I was processing P&L on my shift, I reached into the bag and grabbed it. :eek: I threw it to the floor, washed my hands, grabbed some gloves, rebagged it (with several bags) and put like half a jar of lysol wipes in it to mask the smell. It was so wretched that describing it doesn't do it any justice. I have several kids - so I have been in some seriously unpleasant situations. This one takes the cake. I called the LOD and told him to have fun. lol No thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back