Archived Gross Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most recent disgusting thing for me, was finding poop on a swimsuit in the fitting room. I had to use 2 hangers to carry it to guest service to destroy.

The most recent disgusting thing for me, was finding poop on a swimsuit in the fitting room. I had to use 2 hangers to carry it to guest service to destroy.
I am glad I am not the only one with a poop story.

Honestly though I can't believe how disgusting some guests are. I found a freakin' waffle cone with a spoon in it during my zone. Like someone ate the ice cream out of the cone and then left it on the shelf. I also find tons of half full Starbucks drinks (I now hate Starbucks) and I once found a two week old partially eaten hotdog behind a stack of towels. It was hard as a rock. What the hell people!?

If we're told to tolerate such crap, our 'guests' will continue to dish out more crap.
Honestly, corp is enabling an increasingly worse clientele because they are so far removed from it.

I am glad I am not the only one with a poop story.

I wish I could say that was the only time, but it wasn't. Finding poop on the floor that doesn't resemble a dog, is pretty bleeping gross.

Have found food Ave food throughout softlines on numerous occasions, near empty drink cups in purses, guys trying on boxers and leaving them inside out, overly used bras in my reshop cart from guest service...the list goes on. Luckily I have a strong stomach and hand sanitizer.

There was an abandoned shopping cart in softlines with a dirty diaper at the bottom. I think I was more confused than grossed out. Why the hell would anybody walk into the restroom, change their baby's diaper, walk past the many trash cans in the restroom on their way out, and then put the dirty diaper at the bottom of their shopping cart?

There was an abandoned shopping cart in softlines with a dirty diaper at the bottom. I think I was more confused than grossed out. Why the hell would anybody walk into the restroom, change their baby's diaper, walk past the many trash cans in the restroom on their way out, and then put the dirty diaper at the bottom of their shopping cart?
They probably changed the kid on a shelf, maybe a folded clothing table, or even in the fitting room. Hell, maybe the floor or on the one bench in the store (in my store's case, anyway). There are some people who will literally change their kid ANYWHERE. Including on the bench or table at a restaurant.

They probably changed the kid on a shelf, maybe a folded clothing table, or even in the fitting room. Hell, maybe the floor or on the one bench in the store (in my store's case, anyway). There are some people who will literally change their kid ANYWHERE. Including on the bench or table at a restaurant.

Probably, but there was a trash bin two feet away from where they left the cart!!!

Toilets overflowing. ALL OF THEM. Bringing up a day's worth of human waste. The checklanes, and half of A&B plus the backroom fire all all under a layer of excrement. They closed the store for everyone the first day but the second it was only closed for guests. The smell was HORRID!!

I was bored and looking up health inspection reports... found the one from this day.

*******************************************CLOSURE***************************************
THE ABOVE NAMED ESTABLISHMENT MUST IMMEDIATELY CLOSE DUE TO A SEWAGE BACK-UP THAT WAS OBSERVED. FECES, TOILET PAPER AND WATER, CAT LITTER WERE OBSERVED IN CAFE AND STARBUCKS AREAS (THROUGHOUT FROM WALL TO WALL), SEATING AREA, FLOOR AREA FROM REGISTER 10 TO 24 AND TOILET ROOMS. ALL FOOD EQUIPMENT, UTENSILS AND FLOORING THAT WAS AFFECTED BY THE SEWAGE BACK-UP MUST BE WASHED, RINSED AND SANITIZED PRIOR TO REOPENING. AN INSPECTION MUST BE CONDUCTED AN APPROVAL GIVEN BY THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT PRIOR TO REOPENING. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT UNDERSIGNED OR SANITARIAN SUPERVISOR

It smelled like shit for weeks. :confused:

This so grosses me out, I'm not sure if I can type it. As I was going to the backroom today, a team member was bent over and he clearly had a wet stain in the crack of his pants. I have to go throw up now.

code brown in the middle of the floor and this guy with his two children and his cart walk right into it. and it smushes everywhere.

or the lady who decided to take her dirty sanitary napkin and shred it to peices in the fitting room

A lady brought a dog into the store. Said dog pissed in Seasonal. Pooped in Home Furnishings, Pets, and Toys. Turns out the b**ch stole the dog out of a vehicle on the opposite side of the mall too. And stole ~$100 worth of pet supplies. The cart attendant didn't start until 10 am, so the hard lines TL had to clean it up.

Prolly why the dog was pissing & dumping, trying to leave a trail for its rightful owner.
Too bad it had to be thru your store :eek:

A lady brought a dog into the store. Said dog pissed in Seasonal. Pooped in Home Furnishings, Pets, and Toys. Turns out the b**ch stole the dog out of a vehicle on the opposite side of the mall too. And stole ~$100 worth of pet supplies. The cart attendant didn't start until 10 am, so the hard lines TL had to clean it up.
Omg! That's both gross and sad. People suck!

Not sure whether I already mentioned it in this thread but one of our Food Ave. TMs described a woman several years ago who asked, with sincerity, if she could change her child's diaper at the Food Ave. counter, because baby was going to do boom boom any moment.

I thought my diahrrhea on the floor story was bad...last night one of the pipes at work got backed up and we had piss and shit everywhere in the store! It started in domestics, then the back room and then started seeping out in grocery of all places! We had to call in professional plumbers to come fix it and we still have fans in the store trying to dry it out and lots of aisles closed off. I can deal with random incidents of code Browns in the store but when fecal matter and piss is leaking out onto the sales floor by the gallon nope. I also found out this isn't the first time this has happened...

I thought my diahrrhea on the floor story was bad...last night one of the pipes at work got backed up and we had piss and shit everywhere in the store! It started in domestics, then the back room and then started seeping out in grocery of all places! We had to call in professional plumbers to come fix it and we still have fans in the store trying to dry it out and lots of aisles closed off. I can deal with random incidents of code Browns in the store but when fecal matter and piss is leaking out onto the sales floor by the gallon nope. I also found out this isn't the first time this has happened...
Did they close your store?
According to health laws that would be one type of incident that would warrant closing a store temporarily.
That's gotta be a hella smell....

It happened at closing and I went in for my shift the next day so we sure didn't close. They called in professionals to help dry it out but the night before we had to pull all the rugs and carpets off the shelves so who the hell knows.

It happened at closing and I went in for my shift the next day so we sure didn't close. They called in professionals to help dry it out but the night before we had to pull all the rugs and carpets off the shelves so who the hell knows.
Sounds like the leaders are trying to keep it quiet...Anything that big and the health department should be all over it, inspecting the damage and inspecting once it's cleaned up. If fans were still drying everything, it probably wasn't fully cleaned up.

Sounds like the leaders are trying to keep it quiet...Anything that big and the health department should be all over it, inspecting the damage and inspecting once it's cleaned up. If fans were still drying everything, it probably wasn't fully cleaned up.

I think an anonymous phone call should be made to the health department about that little plumbing incident, especially since FOOD was exposed!!!

Our store is closed for the next two days for a sewage leak into the store. The general vicinity of the store within 500 feet smells like you know what, and the best part is that it's attached to a mall

I think an anonymous phone call should be made to the health department about that little plumbing incident, especially since FOOD was exposed!!!
Yep, this is one of those scenarios that Alert One is called for.
Can't believe they didn't do a full close for at least a couple days.
I'd watch for a biohazard break-out a few days down the road.

How unbelievably vile and disgusting. If they ever tried to pull that shit (no pun intended) at my store with an incident like that, I'd be the first to call the health dept. That is completely unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back