Archived Gross Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg
Hazardous material training states that unless you have the training, you aren't supposed to handle that (by law I think maybe, but at least by store policy). The only messes you are allowed to clean up are food and consumable liquids. You let the LOD or hazard certified TM know and they are supposed to take care of it properly.

That is a very serious liability issue; the company can be sewed for millions in the event something happens. That goes for anything in this thread; I'm a little shocked at some of these stories.
That's the kicker though, the STL who was LOD literally flat out refused to handle it, and nobody else in the building had any history of training to handle the stuff from any of their jobs, let alone Target. Here's the wipe she refused to handle.

With that, I've got a few.

Someone near me opened up a package of canned cat food which was covered with moving grains of rice. ... Took a few moments of confusion to realize that wasn't rice since how rice doesn't crawl around.

Someone else had opened up a shoe box in the fitting room to find it covered in feces.

The material was not identified, but one of the backroom guys picked up a coat and just as he was about to put it on, someone told him not to. He looked at it and it was partly coated in a brown sludge. I sincerely hope (and continue to believe) it was just mud from ice and dirt in the freezer.

Me, I opened up a top lid to some pumpkins they keep storing in the hot backroom area for some reason (rather than somewhere cooler0 and all I could see was a carpet of green. Out went 50 pumpkins.

Found a package of mushrooms (when they moved to cardboard plain to black), with no mushrooms that hadn't been rotated properly and it took me a few seconds to realize that there were mushrooms in there... they had simply turned to black sludge (which quite frankly I didn't think was possible).

Back when we had 'Freshness Fridays', we were checking for outdates.
I came across a package of beef jerky that had turned green with white crusted edges.
Unopened, no less.
A family of guests once alerted me to something very similar, except it was turkey bacon instead of beef jerky.

With that, I've got a few.

Someone near me opened up a package of canned cat food which was covered with moving grains of rice. ... Took a few moments of confusion to realize that wasn't rice since how rice doesn't crawl around.

Someone else had opened up a shoe box in the fitting room to find it covered in feces.

The material was not identified, but one of the backroom guys picked up a coat and just as he was about to put it on, someone told him not to. He looked at it and it was partly coated in a brown sludge. I sincerely hope (and continue to believe) it was just mud from ice and dirt in the freezer.

Me, I opened up a top lid to some pumpkins they keep storing in the hot backroom area for some reason (rather than somewhere cooler0 and all I could see was a carpet of green. Out went 50 pumpkins.

Found a package of mushrooms (when they moved to cardboard plain to black), with no mushrooms that hadn't been rotated properly and it took me a few seconds to realize that there were mushrooms in there... they had simply turned to black sludge (which quite frankly I didn't think was possible).

AH JESUS CHRIST NO! That "moving grains of rice" thought curdles my blood. I hate maggots more than anything. I'm terribly afraid of them. I once had a little pot in my sink that was there for the weekend while I was out of town. It had a lid on it too. I dunno what was in there, because I always rinse my dishes, but when I opens the lid, it was full of tiny little maggots. For a brief second I thought, "when did I eat rice?" I freaked out, put the lid back on, calmed down for about half an hour, gathered the courage to pick up the pot, but it in a black trash bag, and then threw it in the dumpsters outside. Screw it! I bought a new pot a few days later.

Had a toddler with puke alllll over her front side running around in softlines and touching things. It's bad enough that I don't particularly like kids but at the time I was so worried she was going to get her nasty puke germs all over my zone ;-; lemme tell ya I watched her like a hawk as I did my tables

View attachment 1905
That's the kicker though, the STL who was LOD literally flat out refused to handle it, and nobody else in the building had any history of training to handle the stuff from any of their jobs, let alone Target. Here's the wipe she refused to handle.
Heh, karma caught up with my STL, she's about to have a baby and will HAVE to handle poopy baby wipes on her own. She has since apologized for the incident, now that she understands why I flipped out over its proximity to the formula! :D

Heh, karma caught up with my STL, she's about to have a baby and will HAVE to handle poopy baby wipes on her own. She has since apologized for the incident, now that she understands why I flipped out over its proximity to the formula! :D

You have a terrible STL. She's paid AT LEAST 6x more than the average Team Member (not including bonus) and she can't deal with a single wipe with fecal matter? Terrible, just terrible.

I'm a cart attendant so I clean some nasty stuff.

But most of my stories are as a cashier... I had a lady with a sick kid get puked on all over by the kid. She handled it so well.

Someome lost their shit(literally) in the middle of the sco area, then proceeded to shit all the way to the bathroom and make a mess with the toilet

Found a turd in the far reaches of our parking lot

Baby puked all over our meat shelves.

Someone's bloody nose got all over

And most important of all, some kids took unpaid sprite and bananas and did the food challenge in our home and decoration block. They were arrested after they puked lol

I wasn't there when it happened, but a couple years ago we renovated our store for P-Fresh. While doing something with the ceiling tiles, a bag of what should have been frozen chicken fell out and burst open on the floor in a sludgy black mess. In what could have been years before that someone had taken a bag of chicken and thrown it up into the ceiling. Whoever put the tile back didn't notice the bag and it sat there ever since.

Family with 3 kids under 7 at most, comes in at 10:45. The baby was screaming because Lord knows it was about 3 hours past his bedtime. So in order to keep him happy, the mom had given him a toy. I go to ring it up and the kid had basically knawed the barcode off and slobbered all over the toy.

Yep, made sure to wash my hands extra well after that...

Yep, made sure to wash my hands extra well after that...

Yeah, I hate kid germs. Kids are little petri dishes when it comes to illnesses. I don't even like kid cooties and I've had two kids walk up and hug me. The second hardest time I have forcing a smile at work is to pretend I like kids.

Weird thing about the second kid who hugged me. She approached me, open arms, and I was backing up fast saying over and over "Can I help you?" while she kept moving forward like a zombie. Her mother finally noticed and corralled her and apologized, explained she was autistic. I let her hug me when I heard that, the mother and I swapped stories, and then the mother said whenever she did that, she was always picking someone whose life was impacted by autism in some way.

BUMP

somebody texted me earlier to say that a TM found a used, knotted-up condom in the front restroom, just stewing on the floor in front of the sinks

oy28nnC.jpg

oy28nnC.jpg

welp...looks like from now on I'll be dousing the restroom with a flamethrower before using it

BUMP

somebody texted me earlier to say that a TM found a used, knotted-up condom in the front restroom, just stewing on the floor in front of the sinks
oy28nnC.jpg

welp...looks like from now on I'll be dousing the restroom with a flamethrower before using it
Yep, napalm gets what degreaser can't.

Smeared shit on the bathroom floor in a stall recently, a LOT of it. I put up an out of order sign while the GSA was on lunch because I don't get paid enough to deal with that.

Blood in one of the men's room sinks - That didn't bother me greatly, I just put on double gloves and used loads of cleaner.

Of course, wet baby toys or whatever the baby has put in it's mouth. I no longer extend my hand, I hold up the scanner and point. And if the parent sneaks a wet objects onto my counter and I touch it, I dramatically drop it and exclaim "EW" because that's just gross. Saliva is a biohazard and I'm not afraid to tell them that.

I don't work the floor so I'm sure I've missed lots of gross stuff out there thankfully.

Two days in a row now I've come in and found frozen food just chilling melting on my desk. Also there's a weird parmesan/Italian food smell around receiving and I can't figure out what's causing it.

When you walk into TSC, you can tell whether or not this one TM is working because you can smell his awful BO emitting from his coat.

one of the new electronics TMs is morbidly obese and always comes to work with a gross sheen on his face and arms, his beard matted with grossness, dirty red shirts and the most horrendous BO I have ever smelled...this overpowering combo of stale cigarette smoke, rancid cottage cheese and shit. Somebody better be confronting him about it soon because I gag every time I walk past the boat now

one of the new electronics TMs is morbidly obese and always comes to work with a gross sheen on his face and arms, his beard matted with grossness, dirty red shirts and the most horrendous BO I have ever smelled...this overpowering combo of stale cigarette smoke, rancid cottage cheese and shit. Somebody better be confronting him about it soon because I gag every time I walk past the boat now

oh and today I walked past the boat which was surrounded by a mob of guests and not once, not twice but three different times he bends down to dig in the spider wrap drawer and about half of his ass crack is on full display

8HXnq8U.jpg
8HXnq8U.jpg
8HXnq8U.jpg
8HXnq8U.jpg
8HXnq8U.jpg
8HXnq8U.jpg
8HXnq8U.jpg

I’m not even joking right now that electronics TM sounds just like my brother.
Who is always crying about not having girlfriend....
Maybe if you showered more than once a week and brushed your teeth and washed your hands and didn’t wear the same dirty shirt and jeans every day it would help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back