GSA’s coming back?

We seem to have low key GSAs. We have some who are good at it too! We have a couple who suck at it and a few noobs who are trying to become one.

Did it actually go away? I still use mine and I’m in fulfillment
Yup. The Outlook button is gone in my Workbench home page where all the other apps are.

I believe it's technically active but no license is assigned in Admin Center for us.

God, I hope not. They were so worthless.
Funny and I would say ASANTs bc at my store the advocates functioning as GSAs do far more than the SETLs.
Old GSA position, I would agree, they did a lot of standing around. I know the directive back then was that they could not jump on a lane, but trust me, floor TMs being called up to ring while the GSA and front end TL stood there talking was not a good look.

If they bring back the title under the new directive, where they are ringing, covering SCO and working GS, it could be ok. There are front end TMs who do more than the average advocate and I think they do deserve a little something for their efforts.

Old GSA position, I would agree, they did a lot of standing around. I know the directive back then was that they could not jump on a lane, but trust me, floor TMs being called up to ring while the GSA and front end TL stood there talking was not a good look.

If they bring back the title under the new directive, where they are ringing, covering SCO and working GS, it could be ok. There are front end TMs who do more than the average advocate and I think they do deserve a little something for their efforts.
Over layered. One former gsa must be on FB, because when given the keys to run the front, she promptly stands in front and gets a blank stare on her face.

I can't envision why that would have ever been a thing. If I was the only supervisor scheduled, then yes, I was supposed to stay off a lane, but if we had two GSA's scheduled, or a GSA and a GSTL, then one absolutely hopped on a check lane before calling for backup. There was no directive that a GSA shouldn't be on a lane, the directive was that someone should be watching the lanes.

We basically never got rid of the position though. My store has 3 people I'd basically say function as GSA's now, I'm not one of them.

I was a GSA, but I quit for 3 years and came back. The three people I'd say still are the closest to being GSA's are a advocate that was hired between me quitting and coming back, and two former GSA's who have been with Target for 20+ years.

I am scheduled at the service desk every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I close Friday and Sunday, and I have a mid on Saturday. Past that I get two random shifts usually, which can either be a checklane, SCO, or service desk.

We have one advocate who gets scheduled to open 5 days a week, I'd consider that to be more of a GSA equivalent, since for the first couple hours of her shift every day there is no SETL present, whereas during my mid shifts there is a SETL there, and during my close shifts there is a former GSA in charge.

The two former GSA's close every day. One closes 4 days a week, the other 3 days a week, they also each do cash office one day a week (former HR TM who is now an advocate does cash office 5 days a week).

They are scheduled as checkout advocates, not service advocates, but for all intents and purposes, they are GSA shifts. They don't get on a checklane, or work at the service desk, and they're scheduled till a half hour after close.

The closing TL refers to them as front end DBO's.

They are scheduled as checkout advocates, not service advocates, but for all intents and purposes, they are GSA shifts. They don't get on a checklane, or work at the service desk, and they're scheduled till a half hour after close.
They schedule us as the Service and Engagement TL on the schedule when we're GSA.

Kinda funny to see that on my schedule sometimes.

Back