GSA’s coming back?

i also get scheduled under service and engagement tl... i especially love it when i’m the “highest ranking” front end person on the weekend. no SETLs there, no ETL-SE, and no other ETLs to check in on you because “not their department.” it’s so fun to have all this responsibility for the same pay as my guest advocates that “isn’t motivated to actually work today.”

I don't see the issue with putting "SETL" on the schedule, or however they're marking it. It doesn't mean you'll be typing up performance discussions on workday or anything like that. Aren't guest advocates essentially expected to be GSAs now anyway? Getting change, answering questions from other cashiers, handling guests that have some sort of an issue, etc.

I don't see the issue with putting "SETL" on the schedule, or however they're marking it. It doesn't mean you'll be typing up performance discussions on workday or anything like that. Aren't guest advocates essentially expected to be GSAs now anyway? Getting change, answering questions from other cashiers, handling guests that have some sort of an issue, etc.
But my guess (and I may be wrong) is the store is using that so it looks like they have an SETL on duty when they don't There's no reason they couldn't use a shift tag or something else otherwise

i only still do it because my one TL deserves help. she is the best, so hardworking and just the nicest person ever and is unfortunately stuck with a crappy team: too many lazy guest advocates, clueless and lazy setls and etl-se. the other setls and etl-se definitely use me and abuse me because i’m helpful, which is the major downfall to scheduling me under SETL.

i do too much, but the front end would be a mess and my good setl would be a million times more stressed and i care about her too much.

Aren't guest advocates essentially expected to be GSAs now anyway? Getting change, answering questions from other cashiers, handling guests that have some sort of an issue, etc.
I believe we are now "empowered to make it back right for the Guest" which means, "just f'ing do whatever the Guest wants and if that $599.99 vacuum cleaner is supposedly on sale for $19.99 and you get a $20 gift card with the purchase, then g'damn it, you do it!" (Okay, it says "within reason," but who draws the reason line?)

Inevitably, questions will come up and not everyone can have a key to the cash drawer so someone needs to be in charge of the lanes. Someone needs to speed weave. We can't be "Guest obsessed" and talk about the benefits of Circle and RedCard and chat up a storm as "engagement" and also watch how many Guests are coming down the racetrack and appropriately request backup. They need a "pit boss" position up there and if SETLs aren't scheduled, and the ETL-SE is too busy, then you need a GSA.

i only still do it because my one TL deserves help. she is the best, so hardworking and just the nicest person ever and is unfortunately stuck with a crappy team: too many lazy guest advocates, clueless and lazy setls and etl-se. the other setls and etl-se definitely use me and abuse me because i’m helpful, which is the major downfall to scheduling me under SETL.

i do too much, but the front end would be a mess and my good setl would be a million times more stressed and i care about her too much.
I like having the "helm" every now and then. Beats being stuck at GS or on a lane all day every day. That's why I don't mind GSA'ing.

Back