Archived Gsa is the worst position ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever have to watch SCO, while also watching the lanes? I'd rather do that, than hop on a lane...but that's still definitely not allowed, and would probably be a coaching. It's interesting to see how flexible that rule gets once payroll is down though. Thanks for the mixed messages, Target.

I just don't see that as effective. If a cashier has a blinkie how can the GSA get change/ help them with WIC if they are on a lane?

Only the GSA can get change, help with blinkers at your store? At my store, all cashiers who are GS-trained can do that. It's GSA priority but if they are with a guest or doing something else away from the lanes or are on their break, then the GS cashiers do it.

Only the GSA can get change, help with blinkers at your store? At my store, all cashiers who are GS-trained can do that. It's GSA priority but if they are with a guest or doing something else away from the lanes or are on their break, then the GS cashiers do it.

This is how it used to be at my store, but about a month ago they changed it and now only gsa's and up are allowed to have keys. Really sucks when they go on lunch and you have to call a TL to get change or locked up pickup items/lost and found.

One time it was ridiclous in back up I tried calling for back up no one responded. Oh and one time I was for once carrying a mydevice and I saw a second alert for cashier and had talked to him about lunch and he wasn't even aware he was about hit compliance. Answered a blinker to, no one ever said thanks or said not to do that lol. I don't remember what the GSA was up to

What's the best strategy to get carts if your store doesn't have cart attendants? I tried tl help but they told me gstl I needed to be talked about my inability to manage carts

Since our registers are staggered I'll just walk over and ask my question. If its bad we might switch lanes but we almost always have a gsa and gstl so if one cant help the other probably can. Not to mention they try to pick lanes as close to the cashiers as possible which helps alot.

Interesting we only have a gsa or gstl

What's the best strategy to get carts if your store doesn't have cart attendants? I tried tl help but they told me gstl I needed to be talked about my inability to manage carts
Stores that don't have cart attendants are probably low-volume stores, meaning there should be multiple opportunities throughout the day to send cashiers outside to get a row or 2. Give them a walkie and tell them to bust their ass inside if they hear a call for backup.

Stores that don't have cart attendants are probably low-volume stores, meaning there should be multiple opportunities throughout the day to send cashiers outside to get a row or 2. Give them a walkie and tell them to bust their ass inside if they hear a call for backup.
Might have just meant when there isn't a cart attendant. My store has been low on hours so we don't have one come in till later in the day. We usually need carts by 1030 or 1100, then again around 100, and keeps happening every hour or two until we get a cart attendant. Our gsa or gstl will just call for help to get carts.

We rarely have a cart attendant. The cashiers are all trained on the pusher (except the minors who are trained to get carts by hand). Option 1 is always to have front end team get carts. I think a good strategy is to get carts before you need them rather than to wait. When it is too busy, option 2 is to ask for help--either cover for a cashier/GSA, or go out for carts.

Anyone ever have to watch SCO, while also watching the lanes? I'd rather do that, than hop on a lane...but that's still definitely not allowed, and would probably be a coaching. It's interesting to see how flexible that rule gets once payroll is down though. Thanks for the mixed messages, Target.
Yes, has been happening quite a lot since hours are cut.

GSA is a tough situation. You are held to the expectations of a GSTL without the title or pay. Some of the things that will get you on the ETLs crap list
Calling too many back ups. Are you speed weaving? moving guests around?
Loss of control. Are the cashiers wandering? Are their lights on? Do they step out to the end of the lanes? Is guest service a hangout for tms?
Planning. Are you being smart when sending tms to lunches and breaks? Too many gone at once? Staggered?
Visibility. When they walk by the front end, where are you? If they constantly find you chatting at STBX, food cafe or Service Desk that could mean trouble. Do they find you standing at a planning lane doing paper work while guest lines are growing? Do they have to call you on the walkie because you are spending too much time in the office?
Most ETLS thing a well run front end is one they don't have to deal with. If they are constantly being called to guest service to handle something you could take care of, they will think you can't handle the position. If you are calling backups when all you really need to do is move some people around they will dread working with you. Being a good GSA is being able to keep guests happy, lines short and controlled communication (calling off backups when not needed, thanking tms for responding, letting a LOD know that you will check out the issue at Sd)
You say the cashiers like you. A good working relationship is important but so is holding the team accountable. Do they like you because they can slack off with you? Do they view you as a babysitter or substitute teacher where they can get away with anything? Just curious.
If you have been talked to about the same things, ask for feedback on your progress. Communication is a 2 way street!

I noticed today that our gsa kept calling for backup when only certain lines were actually backed up and wasn't directing guest traffic to other lanes. So after a while no one went up and I had to tell her to start redirecting. She's been a gsa for a few years, I don't understand why she hasn't been doing this

Okay but what really annoys me is when this one cashier thinks there are too many people in her line and constantly pushes the Additional Backup button on her register and the GSA has to get on the walkie and say "we're fine, we don't need backup." IMO backup calls should be over the walkie by a GSA or someone at GS, not by a cashier who doesn't want to work.

Okay but what really annoys me is when this one cashier thinks there are too many people in her line and constantly pushes the Additional Backup button on her register and the GSA has to get on the walkie and say "we're fine, we don't need backup." IMO backup calls should be over the walkie by a GSA or someone at GS, not by a cashier who doesn't want to work.
They should just start writing her up everytime she does it and doesn't need too.

So I did a big shop yesterday after work. By the time I got to checkout it was about 11:45. Only 2 lanes were open. My line was 1+5. Another lane opened up and I was 2nd in line. I don't know where the front end mgmt was but I told the girl to ask for backup. She pushed a key on her register and within seconds the Etl-hr came up, got on, and called for 2 more backups. It was nuts. Today when I left it was crazy, but I expect that on Saturday and never shop on the weekend.

If I see it & off the clock, hit the red button on the register closest to me. I do look around first.. a smart gsa would be on it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back