Archived Gsa is the worst position ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been talked to by three etls about how much I suck. Is that normal? Jeeez. All the cashiers think I'm great why cant everyone get on the same page? Lol

It's never redcards. Lol it's usually I'm not perky or professional enough.

Btw I save your status from back in October about how everyone talks shit about your ETLs.. well look at that.

Lol my etls are doing their job. They are still great. I just wish they would see what the cashiers see.

I try not to sweat the ETLs too much. They come and go so fast in my store. So if you have a shitty batch of them now, you'll probably have a better (or at least different) group a year from now. Keep in mind though, it's kind of their job to be hard on you to some degree. My advice, on how to deal with their complaints, would be to ask what you should be doing to make things better. Whether or not you take their suggestions seriously, is up to you and whether or not their points are valid. If they can't give you solutions to their criticism, then it looks bad on them too, not just you. Showing a willingness to grow and take criticism is a good plan of action rather than taking offense based on a fear of not being liked.

Don't be afraid to stick up for yourself. If you're not perky, but you can prove that it doesn't inhibit your ability to motivate the team and get your job done, then that's a good point to make. Maybe write yourself some notes on self evaluate your work, so you have ammo any time someone brings your work into question. Whatever you do, just be a professional about it. Save any hostility or bad emotions for venting here later on. Lol.

You may have complaints against you from guests or your team. spot is known to remember these events when reviews are being done. GSA is not a power position, just underpaid gstl.
A few questions to ask yourself:
Did you exceed red cards weekly? Did you ask for help, when needed for pushing dollar spot, like a smart huddle.? Did you keep your front end filled or flex them when needed to drive sales? Did you gets carts or cover breaks in FA. Did you run your shift without being told to do anything by your gstl or etl?

I did notice in your prior postings that is certain mindset that you have & spot noticed it too.
Target npc, does have some good suggestions for you.

Last edited:
You may have complaints against you from guests or your team. spot is known to remember these events when reviews are being done. GSA is not a power position, just underpaid gstl.
A few questions to ask yourself:
Did you exceed red cards weekly? Did you ask for help, when needed for pushing dollar spot, like a smart huddle.? Did you keep your front end filled or flex them when needed to drive sales? Did you gets carts or cover breaks in FA. Did you run your shift without being told to do anything by your gstl or etl?

I did notice in your prior postings that is certain mindset that you have & spot noticed it too.
Target npc, does have some good suggestions for you.
Thanks you have presented alot of good tips. Ill try my best to work on them.

Lol but thanks for being a snarky twit. I appreciate your input

It was snarky but to be fair not a lot of people are going to have sympathy since it's long been a concensus here it's the worst job in the store.

I think it's a great position to promote from. Other than that if you hold it too long IMO you are doing it wrong.

I mean maybe the cashiers love you because you are not professional like the etls say.
I don't think it's that. I think its because one of the other gsa forgets their breaks and won't give them relief to use the restroom. The usually end up holding it. I just jump on their register for a minute so they can go. He gets more red cards then me on his shift so he can't do anything wrong.

None of us can answer why they don't like you. You just need to sit down with a gstl/ge and find out what you can do. If they reply with you aren't professional, ask for examples and how you can improve on it.

I don't think it's that. I think its because one of the other gsa forgets their breaks and won't give them relief to use the restroom. The usually end up holding it. I just jump on their register for a minute so they can go. He gets more red cards then me on his shift so he can't do anything wrong.

At my store you would get coached for getting on a lane. Our GSAs are told to speedweave, troubleshoot, interact with guest and direct them to short lanes.

While your team may love you for getting down on their level and hopping on a lane. You would be able to relieve them while maintaining your duties by simply calling for a backup.

At my store you would get coached for getting on a lane. Our GSAs are told to speedweave, troubleshoot, interact with guest and direct them to short lanes.

While your team may love you for getting down on their level and hopping on a lane. You would be able to relieve them while maintaining your duties by simply calling for a backup.

I agree with this 1000%.

I do call for backup but we are limited to usually three people on the floor. I can't tell a team member no you can wait and hope maybe someone will show. We aren't suppose to be on the lanes but we dont get coached.

At my store, depending on the lod, a gsa or gstl might get in trouble if they don't jump on for backup. Especially now, when we dont have as much payroll and salesfloor is light. In the morning there are more cashiers than salesfloor easily. So if the gsa, gstl, and ge are all up there and demanding backup.... You better believe the lod will get on their case about not jumping on.

Just as I expected, but this post confirms it o_O

The cashiers like you because you let them do anything they want and don't encourage them to get RED Cards. The ETLs don't like you because you let the cashiers do whatever they want and you don't encourage them to get RED Cards.

At my store, depending on the lod, a gsa or gstl might get in trouble if they don't jump on for backup. Especially now, when we dont have as much payroll and salesfloor is light. In the morning there are more cashiers than salesfloor easily. So if the gsa, gstl, and ge are all up there and demanding backup.... You better believe the lod will get on their case about not jumping on.

I just don't see that as effective. If a cashier has a blinkie how can the GSA get change/ help them with WIC if they are on a lane?

I just don't see that as effective. If a cashier has a blinkie how can the GSA get change/ help them with WIC if they are on a lane?
They aren't the only ones that know how to deal with it. Every salesfloor tl and every etl/stl knows how to do it. There's always one of those around if needed. If absolutely necessary they can get replaced on the lane so they can help out. Also if they're going to call for the salesfloor or other workcenters to come up and grab carts, you better be coming out there and grabbing a row or two with me. I'm not stopping what I'm doing if you aren't even going to help.

Since our registers are staggered I'll just walk over and ask my question. If its bad we might switch lanes but we almost always have a gsa and gstl so if one cant help the other probably can. Not to mention they try to pick lanes as close to the cashiers as possible which helps alot.

They aren't the only ones that know how to deal with it. Every salesfloor tl and every etl/stl knows how to do it. There's always one of those around if needed. If absolutely necessary they can get replaced on the lane so they can help out. Also if they're going to call for the salesfloor or other workcenters to come up and grab carts, you better be coming out there and grabbing a row or two with me. I'm not stopping what I'm doing if you aren't even going to help.

Its not the sales floor TLs jobs to respond to blinkies. That is the GSTLS job, to run the front lanes.

At our store our sales floor TLs will backup cashier if it is busy.

Best practice is for eTLs to grab carts if there is no CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back