Archived GSA Pay/Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you typically have any room to negotiate hourly pay?

I'm an external seasonal GSA hire. I originally interviewed for guest services/cashier, but was offered GSA at my interview. I'm going in next week to meet with HR for my offer and to do the background check signoff.

After reading so many helpful and insightful threads, I'm a bit nervous this was a mistake to accept the GSA position. I'm hoping there's some room for hourly pay negotiations. Just wondering if anyone was successful and how they went about negotiating their pay.

Thanks so much! I'm learning a lot.

likely no chance of negotiation. GSA is about a $.50 raise above what cashiers or gs usually makes. I would expect an offer around 10.50-11.50. GSA is one of the easiest positions to promote to as well so if you don't like their offer, they probably have at least one cashier who would jump at the position.

Ah, no red card stats as I'm an external hire. So I'm just brainstorming previous experience/skills to bring up at my offer meeting that hopefully will work well for any negotiations.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens. Tbh, I'll probably try and then take the offer anyway. :/ Oh the joys of needing cash in the short term.

Do you know if I'd have to reinterview for either of those positions? And for backroom, is there that much lifting? I'm not that strong so I worry about that being a good fit for me.

You can negotiate if your a external before I left target had a GSA who got $1.50 extra since she had previous manager experience.

It never hurts to ask, you will need to convince them you are worth it. My store only negotiates wages with TLs, not Tms like a GSA

I'm a GSA who is on bench for TL. To put it blatantly, the position is annoying because you're not paid for the amount of work you do. Essentially you do what a GSTL does without the pay. Hopefully in your store the GSTLS don't take advantage of you and have you do all the hard work while the do their "paperwork" and "email".

Guest service TMs and GSAs are criminally underpaid.

You can get a TL position from being a great GSA so there is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back