Archived GSA Tasks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogtired

Logistics Team Lead
I was just offered a position as a GSA. Obviously I accepted. I was just curious what the actual tasks include when holding a GSA position? They haven't given me any details yet. I think I start training this week.

Oversee daily guest service, cashier lanes, photo lab, and Food Ave procedures but have no supervisory. You will have to report to the GSTL for any verbals/corrective actions. Give change when alerted. You will speedweave guest traffic. Organize and maintain the daily lane assignment and cashier break schedule. Order front end supplies (depending on the store). Rotating cash office schedule with other GSAs/GSTLs. You will probably also have to backup guest service/Food Ave/photo lab.

You're a Guest Service Attendant. You attend, obviously, to Guest Service needs. Cashiering, processing returns, managing defectives, backing up photo/cafe/sbux/carts, counting the day's money in cash office, filling out the paperwork to do advances to changefund and guest service, write and execute the break schedule for the front end, order supplies (varies from store-to-store who does ordering), and anything else that comes along.

For me, that also includes doing checklane POGs, managing candy/gum, and equipment maintenance.

I was just offered a position as a GSA. Obviously I accepted. I was just curious what the actual tasks include when holding a GSA position? They haven't given me any details yet. I think I start training this week.

extra 50 cents an hour to get all the **** and stress that a gstl gets.

I was offered a gsa position,but obviously I declined !

Too much stress for 50 cents!

I have a question ,are gsa allowed to go for backup as a cashier?

I was offered a gsa position,but obviously I declined !

Too much stress for 50 cents!

At my store a GSA or GSTL can get backups. Everyone who is available and trained is expected to respond to backups. It is common for the LOD and STL to be among the first to respond if they know we don't have any floor support.

extra 50 cents an hour to get all the **** and stress that a gstl gets.

A GSA pretty much does what a GSTL does + 239 - leadership things - GSTL pay.

Not sure if you meant a GSA is allowed to call for backups or backup cash him/herself. If you meant call for backups, see tbr1357's post above. Anyone who is watching the lanes (GSTL/GSA/whoever is covering their break) is allowed to call for backups. If you meant actually jump on a register and backup cash, the GSTL/GSA can do it as long as someone else can watch the lanes for them. At my store, we often have only one cashier for the first hour we're open, so the opening GSTL/GSA backs up instead of calling for backups from the barely existent sales floor team.

A GSA pretty much does what a GSTL does + 239 - leadership things - GSTL pay.

Not sure if you meant a GSA is allowed to call for backups or backup cash him/herself. If you meant call for backups, see tbr1357's post above. Anyone who is watching the lanes (GSTL/GSA/whoever is covering their break) is allowed to call for backups. If you meant actually jump on a register and backup cash, the GSTL/GSA can do it as long as someone else can watch the lanes for them. At my store, we often have only one cashier for the first hour we're open, so the opening GSTL/GSA backs up instead of calling for backups from the barely existent sales floor team.

call for backup & hit the button on the register. if no one comes or understaffed, call the lod to the front end to run it while gstl or gsa gets on the lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back