Archived Fellow GSA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all hate it too, we asked who was going to take the time out of our now busy ass day to train these people, they looked like deer in headlights! We are being abused for finally making good money.

I did too, and mine is concerned as well! The crooks will figure out that sco isnt covered like it should be

Yep, we’ve been pulling one of our two cashiers to guest service train periodically and then the lunch rush will hit and we need back up at the lanes and the tm can barely learn at guest service because the line is to the door and we just have to clear it asap.

What makes it even better is that almost none of the cashiers want to know guest service. Almost everyone so far has done the bare minimum and has barely listen to what I have been teaching them. Then the ones that do want it just want it because they feel like it’s less work. Not at all... the couple of us that are always scheduled over there make it look easy though because we work our butts off and get everything done.

In every job, someone needs to take leadership. You can’t have a cashier system where everyone can do everything without a system of checks and balances. I’m not sure what corporate is thinking but I feel this plan will bite them.

you can expect more support from your Service and Engagement Team Leaders. every store will have two, and some will get even more than that. they'll be scheduled at peak guest times, which heavily depends on your store. think 9-5:30, 10-6:30, 11-7:30, 12-8:30. on the weekends you should have overlap between both of your S&E TLs to support increased guest traffic.

you can expect more support from your Service and Engagement Team Leaders. every store will have two, and some will get even more than that. they'll be scheduled at peak guest times, which heavily depends on your store. think 9-5:30, 10-6:30, 11-7:30, 12-8:30. on the weekends you should have overlap between both of your S&E TLs to support increased guest traffic.

Wait, rotating weekends are going away? I am so glad I'm leaving.

I was upset about the rotating weekends, I would like even 2 days off during the week every month

my gstls (and i think all tls at my store) were told they are keeping their rotating weekend. they were told their opening and closing weekends would stay as is and mids were coming during the weekdays.

If it's like my store that "support" will mostly be done from their office and on the walkie asking if everything is going ok. If it's not ok, they'll be screaming at the salesfloor to backup.

We were told they would be going over reports and checking everyones red card sign up's! I cant see them doing much of anything. And one of the new GSTL's basically called cashiers losers.

We have been crosstraining in GS for a year. So glad! Plus nearly everyone has experience running the front.

A very few resisted. They will have a lot if catching up to keep the job.

Reactions: Dog
Again, if you have 2 GSTLs at the same time, who is the leader? Which one has the final say? In my store, there most definitely would be some power play going on.

Again, if you have 2 GSTLs at the same time, who is the leader? Which one has the final say? In my store, there most definitely would be some power play going on.
The GSTLs at your store need to grow up and realize that what’s right isn’t about them as individuals but what’s better for the store/the guest lol

The GSTLs at your store need to grow up and realize that what’s right isn’t about them as individuals but what’s better for the store/the guest lol

Yeah I don't understand that mindset. My co-GSTL and I make a great team and we work very well together when we have overlapping shifts. But we also don't pretend to be friends or hold faked animosity towards each other.

Even when I was GSA I always felt comfortable working with and asking the GSTL to do something if it needed to be done.

If it's like my store that "support" will mostly be done from their office and on the walkie asking if everything is going ok. If it's not ok, they'll be screaming at the salesfloor to backup.
Your store sounds like mine. They toss the keys at me and run off (with the exception of one. The other two, though? Yikes).

My TLs knew they were getting moved due to the op model changes and completely abandoned ship on the front end the past few weeks and also stopped doing supply orders. We’re out of everything. Absolute joke

My TLs knew they were getting moved due to the op model changes and completely abandoned ship on the front end the past few weeks and also stopped doing supply orders. We’re out of everything. Absolute joke

That’s terrible! I am moving from the front, but I am trying my best to hand over a trained team and a front end fully stocked. I take pride in my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back