Archived Fellow GSA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree completely !! It is driving me nutz. Over half of the cashiers are having a hard time at SCO, can't wait to see how they do at GS.
Terrible. We've been spot training some of the cashiers but I can't get 1/2 of a concept in before a 5 guests walk up and they expect to be serviced immediately seeing as we have 2 people behind the counter, so I have to tell newbie to get the next Guest and I will help them with the return.
Teaching them Defectives now that some chief engineer of bullshit at corporate broke it is also super fun.

They're not being set up for success.

Are these later schedules on your wall at work? MyTime is down, and Kronos only shows mine through 6/3. (I had a unicorn three-day weekend, so today’s my first day back.)

Are these later schedules on your wall at work? MyTime is down, and Kronos only shows mine through 6/3. (I had a unicorn three-day weekend, so today’s my first day back.)
Nah, but I looked in mytime yesterday before the outage and checked out my upcoming weeks. According to my GE, I’m keeping the same type of shifts as far as he knows.

I don’t understand how this is going to work as far as scheduling goes lol. With the new changes and there being no GSA at my store there would be supposedly only 80 hours allocated to GSTL - GSA workcenter since we would have 2 GSTL/SETLs. But on the newest schedules I have 40 hours in the GSTL workcenter, we have one TL who is going to be getting her 40 already but what about the other 2 GSAs?? BIG CONFUSE

For my store there doing GSA’s opening and closing registers, then when we have our other GSTL one will be open till 3 then 11-7 gstl 2 I have gsa shifts till 6/15 closing we’re still getting our rotating weekends

For my store there doing GSA’s opening and closing registers, then when we have our other GSTL one will be open till 3 then 11-7 gstl 2 I have gsa shifts till 6/15 closing we’re still getting our rotating weekends

You guys have a GSTL opening?? Ours are both pretty much exclusively mids. The GSAs (and now me) open every day. And the GSAs and now 1 newly trained TM close.

I'm waiting to see how this plays out as far as training the other Guest Advocates. I'm not on board with doing supervisory functions and getting paid the same as someone who just cashiers. I suspect my time with Spot will be done before 4th quarter, it's just a matter of when.

not a rule, it’s a suggested practice. different stores will figure out systems that work for them

I have a week of closes coming up so I can “officially” train others. (I’ve been unofficially doing it since this was announced.) That’s OK, though. I’m pretty glad they’re setting it up that way. I can hang for a week.
It is hard for us to train closers to close registers if we only have one closing cashier scheduled each night 🤔

I don’t understand how this is going to work as far as scheduling goes lol. With the new changes and there being no GSA at my store there would be supposedly only 80 hours allocated to GSTL - GSA workcenter since we would have 2 GSTL/SETLs. But on the newest schedules I have 40 hours in the GSTL workcenter, we have one TL who is going to be getting her 40 already but what about the other 2 GSAs?? BIG CONFUSE

they can overspend in the GSTL-GSA workcenter if they cut those 40 hours from a different workcenter, like cashier or self-checkout.

My store has decided we cannot function as of right now without a GSA, so we are still getting scheduled as such. I have a few service desk shifts, but I’m also continuing to get GSA shifts.

I’m either under checkout advocate or service advocate with the shift tag of GSA. This scares me because those hours are obviously coming from somewhere, but I was specifically instructed by SD and ETL SE/GE to be on the floor during these shifts and answering cashier calls.

My store has decided we cannot function as of right now without a GSA, so we are still getting scheduled as such. I have a few service desk shifts, but I’m also continuing to get GSA shifts.

I’m either under checkout advocate or service advocate with the shift tag of GSA. This scares me because those hours are obviously coming from somewhere, but I was specifically instructed by SD and ETL SE/GE to be on the floor during these shifts and answering cashier calls.
Our transition us starting to smooth out. Not everyone is trained yet, but enough of us are that we are covered. We are seeing benefits already. MUCH better lane coverage during busy times. We are crosstraining like crazy.

Personally, I like the new model.

those hours are coming from the other checkout advocates and service advocates. they've got one less cashier or service desk on the grid to make up for adding a GSA. i think stores that are doing this are only hurting themselves in the long run.

We’ve been scheduled as Cashiers with the shift label SCO. The title just changed. We still have responsibilities like when we were GSAs. It’s actually been working pretty well after the first few days to get used to it. The only thing that sucks is not being able to print off the daily grid.

We’ve been scheduled as Cashiers with the shift label SCO. The title just changed. We still have responsibilities like when we were GSAs. It’s actually been working pretty well after the first few days to get used to it. The only thing that sucks is not being able to print off the daily grid.

what specifically are you doing? it's been a transition but i'm working on keeping my self-checkout team at self-checkout. they shouldn't need to step away except for minor overrides and change requests.

what specifically are you doing? it's been a transition but i'm working on keeping my self-checkout team at self-checkout. they shouldn't need to step away except for minor overrides and change requests.
We’ve really used the role as a floater. If we need to hop on, we will. If we need to jump up to guest service, we will. We started cross-training everyone back in March that way at the least most cashiers can give backup where it’s needed. Again, ASANTS but my team has seem to adapted to the changes well...they just had to get out of the mindset that “I’m just a cashier when I’m scheduled a cashier” and same w/ GS.

We’ve really used the role as a floater. If we need to hop on, we will. If we need to jump up to guest service, we will. We started cross-training everyone back in March that way at the least most cashiers can give backup where it’s needed. Again, ASANTS but my team has seem to adapted to the changes well...they just had to get out of the mindset that “I’m just a cashier when I’m scheduled a cashier” and same w/ GS.
This is how I’m using my shifts with the GSA shift tag. Hopping on where I see fit and giving help wherever needed. I backed up tonight when needed (mostly at service desk, the lanes were pretty good tonight) and covered breaks.

I’ve been trying to encourage the team not to call me that much, but we are failing. Until we performance tms out, we will not succeed with this model. TLs are working on a few tms though, so hopefully we can replace with better.

This is how I’m using my shifts with the GSA shift tag. Hopping on where I see fit and giving help wherever needed. I backed up tonight when needed (mostly at service desk, the lanes were pretty good tonight) and covered breaks.

I’ve been trying to encourage the team not to call me that much, but we are failing. Until we performance tms out, we will not succeed with this model. TLs are working on a few tms though, so hopefully we can replace with better.

what you're describing is the role of the SETL. what are they doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back