Archived GSTL Responsibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recent moved to HR in my store and am getting really frustrated with how much the GSTL puts off on me.

I am completely responsible for the cashier, GSTL/GSA, cash office and cart attendant schedules.

I also place all her orders on SAP because the GSTL seems to refuse to learn how to do it.

There used to be a second GSTL in our building that did all of these things, but when she quit it seemed like the ETL GE wasn't concerned with teaching the remaining GSTL how to do it. (which may be partially my fault because I offered to do it for a few weeks until the ETL GE could teach her.) Does anyone know if the responsibilities should fall on the GSTL or the HR, according to best practice?

I normally wouldn't mind but the GSTL is an unappreciative snot of a woman. And I'm getting fed up. Lol

Every store is different. At my old store, I did the schedules for all the front end. At my current store, HR does the schedules. At my old store, I did SAP. HR did SAP at my current store until I offered to take over. Talk to your ETL GE and ETL HR. Not talking will frustrate you. Talking will solve the issue. Good luck!

Our ETL-GE does the GSTL/GSA schedule and HR does the rest. Our GSTL doesn't place SAP orders, but does not pass it off to HR (but that entire situation is a cluster).

Like RedMan said, each store is different, and you should definitely talk to someone about it.

HR does all scheduling at our store as far as I am aware. GSTL does SAP, all GSA's have SAP access as well now, but it's still primarily the GSTL's responsibility.

I usually order my own things on SAP that I need. Sometimes I'll ask the signing person to do it as they are usually on there ordering missing ISM or fixtures anyway.

HR does all scheduling at our store as far as I am aware. GSTL does SAP, all GSA's have SAP access as well now, but it's still primarily the GSTL's responsibility.

This amuses me, because at my store they took away everyone's SAP access except for three people. Even the ETLs and SrTLs don't have access.

It was just the GSTL, but because he'll be leaving for six weeks soon he made sure all three GSA'd had SAP access before he left because we told him six weeks with no one ordering would not fly.

My first store the ETL-GE did the GSTL/GSA schedule and HR did Cashier, Food Ave, Cart Attendant, Service Desk, and Cash Office.

My current store (larger) the ETL-GE does the entire front end schedule.

In both stores the GSTLs did the SAP orders.

I wish someone except gstl would do our (gstl/gsa) schedules.. She makes sure she has the most desirable ones, makes sure she gets 2 days off in a row, makes sure she doesn't close and the list goes on. I do not like much of what she does.
The gstl who left used to do the schedule and she was very fair about them. The old ETL would also review it with her before it was finalized. This etl could care less as long as he has coverage.

Pink, TLs, including GSTLs, get every other weekend off. It may seem like the most desirable except for that one week of the month (I call it my period) where you work six days in a row, closing Fri, Sat, Sun, opening Mon. Alternating weeks we work six days straight.

Pink, TLs, including GSTLs, get every other weekend off. It may seem like the most desirable except for that one week of the month (I call it my period) where you work six days in a row, closing Fri, Sat, Sun, opening Mon. Alternating weeks we work six days straight.

Except those of us who aren't TLs don't get rotating weekends close nearly every weekend anyway. And instead of 6 days a week, when your days off are random, it isn't unusual to work 8 or more days on the long stretches.

So you may get it rough, on those times, but it's still not as rough as you could have it.

Aye, 6 days? I often do 10 straight. That was from me working 6 days each week, because at 5 I wouldn't get enough hours so I'd have to stalk the swap board to get hours.

all of my gsas except one pretty much have a set schedule so that doesn't happen. The one who doesn't is part time so she just kind of works whenever I need her too but it's never that many days in a row since she only wants 25 hours a week.
Otherwise the gstls are on a set schedule but I often change my to fit business needs but never change my night to close or my weekend rotation. that is a huge no-no in my store. So even though when we were really short gsa's and we needed someone else to close another night because no one was available I was closing two nights a week and on the second day I was closing I was working a 12-16 hour shift.
Thank goodness that is over!

Set schedule? Hahahaha. They finally told us that *might* happen, but expect our hours to be severely cut if they go that way. So I guess I'll keep working nearly every weekend and closing 3 to 4 nights a week, but at least I'm more likely to keep my hours.

it truly depends on each store and the GE. Personally, I can say that my HR TM is bia so I hesitate to add more to their workload because all they do is complain in the TMSC. my GSTLs own everything except the sched. the HR TM writes the sched for all front end areas and then I review them to ensure I am not being sabotaged with people with poor attendance as closers on the lanes or SD. Then my GSTLs will reveiw the sched and will have the HR TM make adjustments as appropriate. I have even asked to write the sched myself but my STL has since denied that because of conversion and what not.

At our store hr does the frontend schedules. All of them. I recently moved to Starbucks \food. My stl said we'll look into me being able to do my teams schedule in the future but as of now I don't. I wish they'd have let me do my schedule when I was GSTL. I did do the sap orders though.

The GSTL is responsible for keeping the front end and the restrooms clean. It's a constant battle to make this happen.

it depends on your stl and basically what gets put on what. one store had gsa's do coachings with a team lead present. gstl's used to be able to set checklane endcaps. we can't be away from the front and need to partner with people.

anyone can do whatever, mysupport will give access to anything. its a lot of who cares enough, some tl's are happy at their position and know more than the fresh from college etl's.

I think one of my problems is that right now our ETL-GE is also the ETL-Salesfloor. I seriously think it would be too much on his plate to add front end schedules.

I used to be the Starbucks and Target Cafe team lead but begged to step down to hr-tm because I love the job so much.

Just getting frustrated with the GSTL because she can be pretty worthless. She gets a ton of redcards and that has somehow managed to make her untouchable.

I spoke with my ETL and she is supposed to be doing SAP orders now but she has yet to ask me to teach her how (which I agreed to do). In fact she's kind of pouting and not talking to me because of it.

Oh well.

The GSTL is responsible for keeping the front end and the restrooms clean. It's a constant battle to make this happen.
HA HA HA. That will be the day that the head gstl sticks her head in the restroom.
Oh when I was talking about her giving herself two days off in a row, I was not talking about her every other weekend off thing. I mean on her other weeks and it's usually a Thursday and Friday or Monday and Tuesday.
She also schedules herself in the cash office so she doesn't have to work closing shifts.
Every time I write about things that annoy me, I know it's one day closer for my departure.

I love how GSAs get SAP, but us PA's do not... lmao...

I have to go through what seems 3 different people to get a god damn new mop head.... and am trusted with ordering Thousands of Dollars worth of food..

I love how GSAs get SAP, but us PA's do not... lmao...

I have to go through what seems 3 different people to get a god damn new mop head.... and am trusted with ordering Thousands of Dollars worth of food..

It depends on your store as to who has SAP access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back