Archived GSTL Responsibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports cannot be brought into a coaching but the contents of said report can be used as means for a coaching.

All stores are different, I guess. I use the report all the time. I also use the attendance report. If I don't have the report in hand, I've had cashiers question the validity of the coaching. If I show them in black and white what their scores/attendance show, it's kinda hard to refute.

At my store, it's "You can't coach on metrics, but you can coach behavior. Substandard metrics is a result of inappropriate behavior."

Cashier service report confidential? We have weekly statuses with each cashier based on their scores. It's called holding them accountable. We use it as a means of recognition and basis for coaching if need be. In fact, I base the annual review on the cashier service report.

No, I don't share the info with the other cashiers, but it would be a worthless report if we didn't share the info with the cashier, wouldn't it?
we tell them their results, but we have to block out other cashiers scores. from the training store, it was an accommodation that we can show them their score to improve. most of our store got trained at the same store so maybe we've heard wrong policies?

Actually, the cashier service report is NOT to be used for coaching. It can identify potential problems...if it's the same cashiers getting low marks every week while no one else does...so it gives you something to keep an eye out for...but you are not supposed to use the report for coaching.
at our store its the basis for cashiers. if you aren't getting red cards, then you're not being kept.

Using it to see who is getting REDCards is one thing...but using it because someone gave Suzy a bad score for who knows what reason is quite another.

Using it for a bad score is a teaching experience. A survey note that Suzy packed the Clorox with the milk is an issue that should be dealt with. Sadly I can't watch every move so I must rely on survey notes to teach our cashiers the proper methods. Do you ignore the comments?

I'd use a comment like that as a reason to speak to all cashiers about proper bagging, not just Suzy, and wouldn't coach Suzy. If I see a cashier do something, they did it. If a guest tells me a cashier did something it's merely hearsay. Guests aren't always the most honest creatures (yes, creatures, some fail to meet my expectations for human behavior) .

Yep...guests love to exaggerate...especially when they feel they have been wronged.

"I've been on hold for 20 minutes and no one is picking up the phone!" Right. Try two minutes.

We recently had a guest leave a very long tirade against one of our cashiers for "yelling at her child and smacking her hand." I was standing all of five feet away from the supposed incident and what I witnessed was the cashier politely asking the child to sit down in the cart and reminding her that our card readers are not a toy. The parent who was not paying attention then immediately starting snapping at the cashier like she was dirt. When I came over to step in and calm the situation down the parent and child left quickly because she knew I saw the incident which made her look like crap. That didn't stop her from calling and yelling at the LOD about the rude cashier that hit her child. I could not believe it.

Yep, the worst thing is when I have to tell the crotch spawn to please not climb over the Service Desk counter or the registers, and the parent gives me the evil stare. Haven't had them yell at me yet but I'm sure that's coming.

Using it to see who is getting REDCards is one thing...but using it because someone gave Suzy a bad score for who knows what reason is quite another.
that's exactly why we use it. someone didn't get red cards. ok you have less than 75% amazing for bagging/friendly cashier. outside redcards, everything is rolling 4 weeks now 3 months so we'd never coach off a bad survey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back