Archived GSTL Responsibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how GSAs get SAP, but us PA's do not... lmao...

I have to go through what seems 3 different people to get a god damn new mop head.... and am trusted with ordering Thousands of Dollars worth of food..
mysupport it. you'll get access. gsa's dont' automatically get access.

Oh you are my new favorite person. I'm a GSA that does 99% of the ordering outside of basic things like bags and I have to rely on someone else to order it for me.

I have to go through what seems 3 different people to get a god damn new mop head.... and am trusted with ordering Thousands of Dollars worth of food..

What exactly do GSA's automatically get access to?

We have one GSA that claims she lacks access to InsidePOS, but not sure I believe that. I think she's just never tried using it, and doesn't want to learn how to use it.

She's been a GSA for over a decade, I formally had my jobcode changed last week, yet yesterday we had a guest came up to the service desk with their credit card, and transaction date, and what store they had shopped at and asked if we could print the receipt for her. I was working the service desk, other GSA was manning the lanes because we had double coverage, so I called the GSA over and asked if she could look it up InsidePOS, or have someone else watch the service desk while I did so, she said she couldn't, but that if I wanted to try she'd watch the service desk.

It took me maybe 10 minutes to get her the receipt, that included googling to find the store number for the store she'd shopped at (probably a list somewhere, but if so I didn't know where), and I'd never used InsidePOS before, or asked anyone how to use it. It's just...well....simple. I also realized a much easier way to do it than what I initially tried.

I tried searching for the entire CC#, no results, tried last 4 #'s, lots of results, looked at those results, realized that each transaction shown listed the CC# in a certain pattern, *####, so searching for the last 4 #'s preceded by the * rather than just the last 4, immediately dropped it down to 1 result.

I self taught myself on InsidePOS one night out of desperation of needing to help a guest. And I never got in trouble for it, so I've kept using it as needed. I think you automatically have access. If it doesn't let me in, I've found I need to close out of it and log into and out of workbench and then it lets me in. So it's possible the GSA tried once when it wouldn't let her on because a TM had been in workbench prior to her trying and then she never tried again. Or she just doesn't want to do it. Who the hell knows.

We have one GSA that claims she lacks access to InsidePOS, but not sure I believe that. I think she's just never tried using it, and doesn't want to learn how to use it.

She's been a GSA for over a decade, I formally had my jobcode changed last week, yet yesterday we had a guest came up to the service desk with their credit card, and transaction date, and what store they had shopped at and asked if we could print the receipt for her. I was working the service desk, other GSA was manning the lanes because we had double coverage, so I called the GSA over and asked if she could look it up InsidePOS, or have someone else watch the service desk while I did so, she said she couldn't, but that if I wanted to try she'd watch the service desk.

It took me maybe 10 minutes to get her the receipt, that included googling to find the store number for the store she'd shopped at (probably a list somewhere, but if so I didn't know where), and I'd never used InsidePOS before, or asked anyone how to use it. It's just...well....simple. I also realized a much easier way to do it than what I initially tried.

I tried searching for the entire CC#, no results, tried last 4 #'s, lots of results, looked at those results, realized that each transaction shown listed the CC# in a certain pattern, *####, so searching for the last 4 #'s preceded by the * rather than just the last 4, immediately dropped it down to 1 result.
i don't have a list. workbench isn't a catch all. if you mysupport and ask access you'll get access eventually to anything tl related

I've been a GSA since July and I have access to:
  • SAP
  • Most of the MyTime scheduling system
  • Everything in InsidePOS
  • Email
  • The file saving system.
  • RedWire and being able to delegate tasks using RedWire
  • Anything that a regular TM has access to

I have SAP access, but have yet to use it, was primarily given access for when the GSTL will be on LOA.

I have an email, but it seems I might as well not have one, seems very rarely are emails actually sent to me.

Not sure what you mean by file saving system.

redwire I check frequently, but anything front-end always gets delegated to the GSTL or the ETL-GE, never to the GSA's.

I have SAP access, but have yet to use it, was primarily given access for when the GSTL will be on LOA.

I have an email, but it seems I might as well not have one, seems very rarely are emails actually sent to me.

Not sure what you mean by file saving system.

redwire I check frequently, but anything front-end always gets delegated to the GSTL or the ETL-GE, never to the GSA's.
The file saving system is called mysite. It is where TLs/etc are supposed to save documents like coachings and reviews.

We're a high volume SuperT. We have 5 schedule writers. All ETLs and TLs have set schedules each week. One regular closing night M-F, and one regular day off M-F, every weekend off, and weekends worked alternate between open and close. Friday is an opening shift unless it's your closing weekend, then you close Fri, Sat, and Sun.

This is who writes our work center schedules.
Overnight Logistics-ETL>> O/N Flow, O/N Plano, O/N Backroom
GE-ETL>> GSTL/GSA, Cashiers, Cart Attendants, SD, Photo
HL-ETL>> HL, SL, PA, Instocks, Backroom Day
Food-ETL>>Meat, Deli, Dairy/Frozen, Grocery (Consumables), Produce, Bakery, Target Cafe, Starbucks
Pharm-TL>>Pharmacy

At my store, the GSTLs have a lot of responsibilities except writing schedules. The GSTLs give input to ETL-GE who writes the schedules. Our schedule writers are:

ETL-Log: O/N Teams (Flow, Plano, BR), BR Day
ETL-GE: GSTL/GSA, Cashiers, Cart Attendants, SD, Food Ave, Starbucks
ETL-RX: Pharmacy
Electronics TL: Electronics, Hardlines, Photo
Softlines TL: Softlines
ETL-Salesfloor Ops: Price Accuracy, Signing, Plano, Instocks
ETL-HR: HRTL, HRTM
CTL: PFresh, Perishables Assistant

AP basically writes their own schedules, we only have ETL-AP and a TPS.

Most of the MyTime scheduling system

How do I get this access? At my store the TL/ETL who sets my schedule often doesn't include the hours minus lunches. I would like to fix it myself if only to have an accurate hours calculation.

How do I get this access? At my store the TL/ETL who sets my schedule often doesn't include the hours minus lunches. I would like to fix it myself if only to have an accurate hours calculation.
You need to discuss those corrections with your tl/etl. Fixing it yourself is not a good idea for you, right now.

GSA only has access to print out the daily grid and break schedules, not to make adjustments to the schedule in any way.

When the writer of the schedule changes start times or cuts hours, the program doesn't adjust the breaks and lunches. So our GSTL/GSA edits the break schedule every day to make sure that not everyone goes on break at the same time and that no one hits compliance.

You can edit the break schedules by going to MyTime on Workbrench, MyReports, create the report for your workcenter, save in excel and then edit the breaks and lunches as you see fit.

That seems like more headache than it's worth, we just use a pen to adjust breaks as we see fit. Doesn't need to be done off-stage either that way.

It's really easy. Takes maybe five minutes before banking the lanes in the morning. When I'm on-stage, I don't have time to stand there and write the break schedule.

When the writer of the schedule changes start times or cuts hours, the program doesn't adjust the breaks and lunches. So our GSTL/GSA edits the break schedule every day to make sure that not everyone goes on break at the same time and that no one hits compliance.

You can edit the break schedules by going to MyTime on Workbrench, MyReports, create the report for your workcenter, save in excel and then edit the breaks and lunches as you see fit.
its really easier to just adjust it by hand or in excel when you're printing it out. there's no reason to edit break schedule in mytime outside you have a dtl who will ask to see the "schedule" and see if you're keeping up to it. when we had someone who would check, we'd have the official version. then the one we were actually using.

I self taught myself on InsidePOS one night out of desperation of needing to help a guest. And I never got in trouble for it, so I've kept using it as needed. I think you automatically have access. If it doesn't let me in, I've found I need to close out of it and log into and out of workbench and then it lets me in. So it's possible the GSA tried once when it wouldn't let her on because a TM had been in workbench prior to her trying and then she never tried again. Or she just doesn't want to do it. Who the hell knows.
i've always been told, its never a problem if you can log in. anyone has inside pos access, but outside of people dealing with those things, they don't know. cashier service report is the only questionable. i've been told its confidential, and i shouldn't even tell the cashiers their results. we do, but we don't let them know the other cashiers score. anyone can access it if they know how.

Oh you are my new favorite person. I'm a GSA that does 99% of the ordering outside of basic things like bags and I have to rely on someone else to order it for me.
i didn't mention this, but you'll need to use the web support and might need your etl to escalate/approve it.

Cashier service report confidential? We have weekly statuses with each cashier based on their scores. It's called holding them accountable. We use it as a means of recognition and basis for coaching if need be. In fact, I base the annual review on the cashier service report.

No, I don't share the info with the other cashiers, but it would be a worthless report if we didn't share the info with the cashier, wouldn't it?

Actually, the cashier service report is NOT to be used for coaching. It can identify potential problems...if it's the same cashiers getting low marks every week while no one else does...so it gives you something to keep an eye out for...but you are not supposed to use the report for coaching.

i've always been told, its never a problem if you can log in. anyone has inside pos access, but outside of people dealing with those things, they don't know. cashier service report is the only questionable. i've been told its confidential, and i shouldn't even tell the cashiers their results. we do, but we don't let them know the other cashiers score. anyone can access it if they know how.

Neither of those things are accessible to anyone. I am positive that as a cashier I lacked access to both IPOS and the service reports.

Actually, the cashier service report is NOT to be used for coaching. It can identify potential problems...if it's the same cashiers getting low marks every week while no one else does...so it gives you something to keep an eye out for...but you are not supposed to use the report for coaching.
Why not? If I have a cashier who has over 1000 transactions and no REDCards, there will be a coaching on not sharing the benefits of the REDCard with every guest. If I have a cashier who got a negative comment on the survey section, yep, there will be a coaching. If I have a cashier with consistently low cashier speeds, there will be a coaching after a seek to understand conversation. Same goes for a low survey score on "bag it right."

Do I coach on the first offense? Nope, but it gives me a basis for a seek to understand followed by a documented coaching is there isn't improvement.

Saying that you can't use the cashier service report for coaching is like saying that you can't use it for recognition either. How else does one know exactly how your cashiers are performing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back