Archived GSTL/SETL tips and tricks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy everyone!

I’m newly in role and I’m looking for ways to implement some cool stuff into our store. For example, one of our GSAs printed and laminated copies of all food codes and stuck them to registers for quick references. Have you or any other leaders at your store implemented something neat that came in handy?

Howdy everyone!

I’m newly in role and I’m looking for ways to implement some cool stuff into our store. For example, one of our GSAs printed and laminated copies of all food codes and stuck them to registers for quick references. Have you or any other leaders at your store implemented something neat that came in handy?
That’s been standard at our store, not much you can do to make the front “cool” just trim, and keep it clean....depending on the size it speaks for it self.

I make a “weekly newsletter” at my store for the front end to read and keep in the drawer which has upcoming events/holidays, the scan coupons from the weekly ad, examples of cartwheel offers from the week, brand launches/in-store demos, and the current REDcard bounceback offer. It’s usually pretty short and is just bullet points but I like having them read it and they like getting an idea of what’s actually going on in the store

I make a “weekly newsletter” at my store for the front end to read and keep in the drawer which has upcoming events/holidays, the scan coupons from the weekly ad, examples of cartwheel offers from the week, brand launches/in-store demos, and the current REDcard bounceback offer. It’s usually pretty short and is just bullet points but I like having them read it and they like getting an idea of what’s actually going on in the store
I'm jealous!

Know what's going on in the rest of the store. Big truck that day? A few salesfloor call outs? TMs shorted on their normal shift lengths? Be a little more hesitant to call for backup and try to figure out how the front end can get it's own stuff done. Don't call salesfloor TMs by name to backup unless their TLs have told you to do so. The person you call might have a monster workload that day. Utlilize the salesfloor TLs to help find the best people to call up that day.

That's not really cool or fun. Just a suggestion so that when salesfloor doesn't get it's stuff done, they aren't pointing the finger at you.

While I love that idea shouldn’t that be standard during your 1 minute huddles with the cashiers as they come in? This is all info I would personally share with my team 1-1 when they come in for their shift. Gives me time to see how they’re doing, if they have any questions or just bond with the team. I can see now that S&E TLs are mids a lot it being useful but I prefer the personal touch to delivering this weekly news.

While I love that idea shouldn’t that be standard during your 1 minute huddles with the cashiers as they come in? This is all info I would personally share with my team 1-1 when they come in for their shift. Gives me time to see how they’re doing, if they have any questions or just bond with the team. I can see now that S&E TLs are mids a lot it being useful but I prefer the personal touch to delivering this weekly news.
I read it with them it’s just in the register for them to refer to if they want to share info with a guest

definitely stealing this idea for market....

Know what's going on in the rest of the store. Big truck that day? A few salesfloor call outs? TMs shorted on their normal shift lengths? Be a little more hesitant to call for backup and try to figure out how the front end can get it's own stuff done. Don't call salesfloor TMs by name to backup unless their TLs have told you to do so. The person you call might have a monster workload that day. Utlilize the salesfloor TLs to help find the best people to call up that day.

That's not really cool or fun. Just a suggestion so that when salesfloor doesn't get it's stuff done, they aren't pointing the finger at you.
And when backup is done, calling out over the walkie “hey team thanks so much for that quick response to backup, I really appreciate it!” Goes a long way. People are more likely to come up if you appreciate them and get them off the lane quicker

I started doing what Dog suggested by doing weekly news letters.

Anyone have any ideas for raffle prizes? We Put raffle tickets in a jar with team members names based off of how many REDcards they get for the week. 1 card = 1 ticket. What’s something you’d like to see that’s realistic?

Last edited:
@Shmoople you totally out yourself both by showing the document and by the fact the letter has your store number. You may want to remove the newsletter from your post.

Why do larger bills NOT need to be scanned?

Letter looks good, not too much info because it's sometimes hard to read/comprehend much in between guests.

Last edited:
And when backup is done, calling out over the walkie “hey team thanks so much for that quick response to backup, I really appreciate it!” Goes a long way. People are more likely to come up if you appreciate them and get them off the lane quicker

YES. Polite curtesy for those that helped you out.

All we hear is :
“who is responding?” .....over and over
“Hardliners, softlines, who is responding ?” ......over and over
“If you’re not with a guest you need to be responding” ......over and over
Seriously ? If you have to repeat it 20 times......it’s NOT WORKING for you ! Maybe try something DIFFERENT ? !!
“thank you” would be NOVEL, and might actually work !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back