Archived guest complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange complaint today. A guest called for the LOD, was parked on the phone then it rang back. I'm at the fitting room and pick up the phone when nobody in guest services can. A guest was on the phone pretty annoyed and wanted to talk to the LOD again. He just happened to walk by while I was on the phone. I motioned him over but he said just deal with it myself. It turned out the guest had called in to let the management know that a team member had been particularly helpful to her and she wanted to praise him to his boss. But she was left hanging on the phone so long, she was ready to turn it into a complaint about our inconsistent attitudes about helping guests. She was pretty pissed off. As usual, I bent over backwards to apologize that tell her that she just got us at a particularly busy time and I really appreciated her patience. She did go ahead and tell me about the helpful team member but made it very clear that she wasn't happy with the way our phones were handled.

I would get guests complaints all the time at Guest Service usually for refusing used product return or the POS would give the 90% clearance price for a no receipt return. Or at Food Ave, when I refused to service a guest after FA operation hours.

Strange complaint today. A guest called for the LOD, was parked on the phone then it rang back. I'm at the fitting room and pick up the phone when nobody in guest services can. A guest was on the phone pretty annoyed and wanted to talk to the LOD again. He just happened to walk by while I was on the phone. I motioned him over but he said just deal with it myself. It turned out the guest had called in to let the management know that a team member had been particularly helpful to her and she wanted to praise him to his boss. But she was left hanging on the phone so long, she was ready to turn it into a complaint about our inconsistent attitudes about helping guests. She was pretty pissed off. As usual, I bent over backwards to apologize that tell her that she just got us at a particularly busy time and I really appreciated her patience. She did go ahead and tell me about the helpful team member but made it very clear that she wasn't happy with the way our phones were handled.

I hate petty complaints like that. I had a guest complain about a TM taking down the sale tags for merchandise. However, it was a Saturday night, and thus add take-down night, and he was doing exactly what he was supposed to. The guest's complaint was that he was doing it too early. (about 8 o'clock) Which, fine, I get how that seems wrong from a guest's perspective. But, knowing how short staffed we are, and how much work needs to be done, I know he's doing probably exactly what he was told to do. So, all I ended up doing was apologizing and assuring her I'd forward the message to my supervisor, just to make her happy. That was a total lie though. I didn't tell the LOD a damn thing, because there would be no point in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back