Archived Guest Relations Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a few days ago, while I was working service desk, this lady called about not getting a giftcard after buying toilet paper. I typed in the DPCI number she gave me and it showed that you have to actually buy 2 instead of 1 to qualify for the promotion . She then became very angry and started calling me names, and claimed that she would call all the targets in our area and tell them what a******* we are, so the GSTL finally offered to just give her the giftcard as a courtesy vibe or w/e....but this wasnt good enough for her and she started cursing and asking me if I understood she lived 1 hour away from our store, I told her i understood and that I was sorry, but theres nothing else we could do if she doesnt come in....so then she goes off on another rant and finally says THANKS... and I hear something click so I assumed she hung up the phone, so I hang up...3 or 4 minutes later, she calls back and another TM answered because I was busy, and she asked for my name and the gstl's name, and said that she was going to file a complaint because I hung up on her and was very rude! When in fact I kept my cool the entire time, and was genuinely apologetic to her situation. Thats retail for you.....who knows what will happen to me.

Your GSTL was there and saw how she was behaving...if they don't back you up on this, then it's not likely they would ever take your side and you might be better off elsewhere.

Your GSTL was there and saw how she was behaving...if they don't back you up on this, then it's not likely they would ever take your side and you might be better off elsewhere.

I mean this was on the phone and he didn't hear what she was saying, so not sure they could "Back me up" one way or the other. I'm generally known by the staff to be cool, calm and collected even when dealing with difficult guests, but not sure if that will help me.

All you can do is give your side of the story completely accurate and keep your integrity. Have a conversation with your GSTL and see what they saw from your conversation. If they(or another TM) saw you keep your cool it shouldn't be difficult to get them to back you up. Unfortunately management will probably "side" with her to make her feel warm and fuzzy inside, but I honestly wouldn't expect repercussions. They just want the appearance of guest services in that situation.

If I were you, don't worry about it until (and if) this guest calls and complains. If the guest complains then perhaps your STL might ask you about this incident.

Meantime, write yourself a couple of notes about this call so that you are prepared to answer questions that your STL might have.

Don't worry, you won't lose your job over one complaint.

Don't even sweat it. Nothing bad will happen to you over this. That lady is just a *****.

I've had guests complain about my peers all the time to me and I usually just shrug it off.

Don't worry about it at all. Like Carts said, guest relations is a joke.

I had a guest recently get upset over a return policy on the phone and then claim to be a retired police officer and that he was recording the whole conversation and he wouldn't rest until I lost my job, needless to say this was over a month ago and I still work for spot entirely unquestioned about the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back