Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

I got called over to P-Fresh to help a guest who had intercepted an OPU team member looking for a steak. I went over there and I asked him what he was looking for, and he said he was looking for a "rabbi" steak.

It took me a few seconds to realize that he wanted a "ribeye." But he kept saying it as "rabbi."

Me: "Oh, a ribeye?"
Guest: "Yes, a rabbi steak."

FTR, we were out and they were on order. And he was very disappointed.

I’ve had too many guests who parked on the first level, shopped on the first level, and then proceeded to ask, “Excuse me, is this the first floor?” after they finished shopping heading towards the exit/entrance parking lots...

And the other entrance/exit doors right beside Guest Service leads right outside full view of a busy street with parked cars and pedestrians walking on the sidewalk. You can literally turn your head 90 degrees and see this from the parking lot entrance/exit doorways.

I swear guests make up imaginary shit just to waste our time.

I had a guy ask for a jump suit for a woman. I started asking "One piece, floor length?" and he said no, it was a two piece outfit, top and bottom. I ended up showing him pictures of jump suits and he said that wasn't it at all. Then he said that it was more like a jogging suit. "Jogging suit? Sweat pants and sweat top?" and he said no, not those. It was a single item, top and bottom. I sent him to active wear and never did figure out what he wanted.

Another woman wanted a sports bra, but not like the sports bras she could see on the floor. Okay, so started asking questions, she wanted a sports bra with no padding. I showed how the padding could be taken out, and she said nope, she wanted a sports bra without the padding at all. She saw a regular bra that someone had dumped with the sports bras, and said "It's like this, where can I find more?" I told her it was a regular bra and she said "oh" and asked where those were and wandered off. I never did figure out if she wanted a bra or a sports bra.

I had a guy who didn't like the 0+ month nipples because his baby, full term, was only 2 days old. I asked if a doctor's advice was involved, explained suck reflex and why preemie nipples are different and how 0+ was appropriate for a 2 day old baby and a preemie nipple will simply piss off a full term hungry baby, but nope he wanted a nipple that was packaged as 0 months, not 0+ months.

Another guy insisted he needed milk powder for his week old baby. Every time I asked "Do you mean infant formula?", nope the doctor said milk powder.

There was the woman who asked for slippers for babies. I'm frowning and trying to think of everything in our footwear when she said "It's like socks, they're slipper socks." I asked, "you mean socks with grippers?" and she said yes. Got to the socks and that was a definite no. She said "They are socks with slippers sewn around them. Do you have those?"

While I’m waiting in the OPU line after work

—um excuse me (tap tap tap on my shoulder) this line is to pick up orders.

Yes, I know. I have an order. Please don’t touch me.

—you work here.

Yes, I do and I also shop here.

—-you shouldn’t be allowed to get in this line This line is for CUSTOMERS.

Yes, and since I placed an order I am a customer.

By this time the GSTM comes over and says Hey Green. Got an order today? I say sure do.

The TM brings me my order and I say thanks a lot, good luck tonight, blah blah.

The TM turns to the guest behind me and asks for ID. The woman loses it. LOSES IT. Starts screaming about employees getting special treatment and how dare I not be asked for ID. Last thing I hear is her screaming for the store manager. “I want the manager. I want the store manager. Now now now now!”

While I’m waiting in the OPU line after work

—um excuse me (tap tap tap on my shoulder) this line is to pick up orders.

Yes, I know. I have an order. Please don’t touch me.

—you work here.

Yes, I do and I also shop here.

—-you shouldn’t be allowed to get in this line This line is for CUSTOMERS.

Yes, and since I placed an order I am a customer.

By this time the GSTM comes over and says Hey Green. Got an order today? I say sure do.

The TM brings me my order and I say thanks a lot, good luck tonight, blah blah.

The TM turns to the guest behind me and asks for ID. The woman loses it. LOSES IT. Starts screaming about employees getting special treatment and how dare I not be asked for ID. Last thing I hear is her screaming for the store manager. “I want the manager. I want the store manager. Now now now now!”
I always ask for ID... I carded the STL. Most other TMs have their ID ready anyways

Last time I was waiting to pick up my order on my break, people kept cutting me. I’d be like “excuse me, I’m in line.” “Oh, I thought you work here.” “I do work here which means I don’t have time to Christmas shop so I’m in line for my order.” Or even better when they just look at me and turn back around, not caring they just cut me in line. And then my watch dings telling me I need to take deep breaths lol

Same, I always go through the standard procedure no matter who it is. In fact, I think my STL would be disappointed in me if I didn’t ask for his ID. The other TM and guest were acting childish though.
This I thought he was testing me lol
Love love love the guests who get mad at you because they don't have their ID and you won't release the item to them. Better yet they're picking it up for someone else and they're not listed as an alternate
i just have them open the email where it says “please present photo ID at order pickup”

i just have them open the email where it says “please present photo ID at order pickup”

Yeah I tell them it says it as well but you know our guests, they are incapable of reading. Even had a guest once snap at me because he asked where it said you could only exchange open video games and I pointed it out on his receipt. Well I didn't see it.

“Well tell ‘em to fix it so you can get more in”

Yeah I’ll get right on that, definitely going to bring it up in my next meeting with Cornell, Potts and other members of the board 🙄 you Doctor Eggman lookin ass motherfucker

Guest: I'm looking for the original Cards of Humanity game.
Me: Well, here's where it is, *scans it*, and we're out of stock right now.
Guest: Oh, here's one! *picks up green box that is an expansion pack*
Me: That's the expansion pack. You add it to the original box.
Guest: So it's not the actual game?
Me: No. It's an expansion pack.
Guest: But it says Cards of Humanity on it. It's not the original?
Me: No, it's an expansion pack.
Guest: But I want the original game.
Me: We are out of stock of the original. That is an expansion pack.
Guest: *tosses it in her cart* I can make it work.

This I thought he was testing me lol

you don't need to check ID if the guest has their Wallet barcode, the barcode from the Target app, or from Target.com (you'll notice it doesn't bring you to the "Check guest ID" page)

you don't need to check ID if the guest has their Wallet barcode, the barcode from the Target app, or from Target.com (you'll notice it doesn't bring you to the "Check guest ID" page)
At my store we're told to always check ID. Also you can look up by wallet? that's sick.

@mobilelady @tmap98 (sorry I know I've been tagging both of you lately)... order details page in mygo needs to show alternate's name too... for stores that still do have to check ID with t.com barcode.

At my store we're told to always check ID. Also you can look up by wallet? that's sick.

the barcode in Wallet/App/.com is a "secured" barcode, therefore you don't need to check ID. this was mentioned in the Fulfillment Q4 guide.

barcodes that were in emails (those sent to alternates, for example) were "unsecured" barcodes, so it prompts you to check ID.

the barcode in Wallet/App/.com is a "secured" barcode, therefore you don't need to check ID. this was mentioned in the Fulfillment Q4 guide.

barcodes that were in emails (those sent to alternates, for example) were "unsecured" barcodes, so it prompts you to check ID.
Why not “secure” email barcodes?

I’m gonna check ID every time until my GSTL tells me otherwise.

the barcode in the target app and on target.com is just your wallet barcode, so they obviously can’t send it via email because it changes frequently. that’s also why it’ll show Orders for Account when a guest has multiple orders and you scan that barcode.

Back