Archived Guest Service Closer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised your new store is allowing tm's to transfer to other departments. Isn't that leaving your dept understaffed?
Yes.

I'm a bit confused with what you do for damaged. At my store, there isn't much to do. First, stuff should be damaged as it comes through from guests and TMs. As it's done, put the sticker on it and toss it in the right bin (or we complain behind your back for the rest of our lives).

Toss stuff gets taken out of a bin and put into a cart (if not, we never see the bin again).
ESIM - we take the bin and put it in a cart. Everything is already bagged from earlier handling and ready to be sorted in back.
CRC - list is audited and items put in an unsealed box.
Defective Salvage - put in a box either as the bin gets full or we have time throughout the day so it shouldn't be too overwhelming.
Missed Salvage - no room for an actual bin so it is put in the box as it comes through.
Vendor pick up - toss the bin in a cart and pray it comes back.
Donate - also no room for an actual bin so it is put in a box as it comes through.

As things get filled during the day, we cart it up and ship it out as time permits. We then call the LOD who is responsible for taking the stuff to the backroom and making it disappear. We are a 10pm store and I aim to have defectives completely done by no later than 8:30.

Only things that are full are ever sent back...if there's just a few items, we carry it over to the next day. Of course some TMs' judgement on what is a few items leaves something to be desired. <_<

through out the day , TMs bring damages, Paid & Lefts etc. other GSTMs at my store rarely send Closed boxes during the day to the BR. I end up doing it on my shift. I hate when the flex room is full. I guess everyone is starting to slack. I literally have to tell TMs " Can you stop talking and help me sort?" While I close boxes and personally walk them to the back. Cart Attendants rarely do it at my store.

Do you guys all wait to tag and bag your ESIM items until the end of the day? We process them as we get them and the CA gets the bin whenever it's full.

Whenever we empty large boxes at FA/SB (cups or clamshell), we take them over to service desk. Extras are flattened & stood against the wall.
They usually have two set up with one marked salvage & the other for damaged salvage; CRC goes into a bin & gets boxed up during the last half hr.

That would be so much easier than either begging the backroom/flow team or sending me back to try and rustle some up. I hate the great boxing issue.

Do you guys all wait to tag and bag your ESIM items until the end of the day? We process them as we get them and the CA gets the bin whenever it's full.

This is the smart way, this is how I did it.

I was also at an 11pm store and would be done at 10 to help the store zone. The last hour there aren't many returns

No, unfair is when the closing GS tm calls out and they can't find anyone to come in. An lod constantly yelling because the amount of reshop is insane. And all you have is a partially trained cashier over there who can't even accept payments yet.

If you need help getting yourself organized, ask others who work at GS how they do it.

We never have more then one person at guest service unless it's during holiday season.
I learned this way when a gs TM called off. Basically, sink or swim. The GSA helped me with everything but there should be better training for freaking TM's.

I've put a strong cashier back there out of desperation. I show them how to do the basics, then position myself so I can watch the lanes and the person behind guest services and watch every single thing I can to be sure they don't get in over their head. And when I have to step out of sight, I tell them to scream if they need me. I don't like doing it, but when I'm desperate, I've done it once or twice.

if it were possible I would've done it :(

my store likes to have only one person running GS each shift. it's unfair. so I'm asking how to keep up .

Not sure what your stores volume is, but I've never had an issue when working at IGS alone. I finish every order before moving on to the next. Others at my store will leave a heap of things to be processed. I will not. If you return something and it needs to be defected I am defecting it out before taking the next guest in line. If the line gets long I will call for backup rather than create a pile of crap that needs to be done later.

We close CRC around 3 PM and verify it's all there, and then do it again around 8 PM (9 PM on Saturdays). I typically do the CRC myself because if anything is missing it's me that gets chewed out, not the cashier who was at the service desk.

Not sure what your stores volume is, but I've never had an issue when working at IGS alone. I finish every order before moving on to the next. Others at my store will leave a heap of things to be processed. I will not. If you return something and it needs to be defected I am defecting it out before taking the next guest in line. If the line gets long I will call for backup rather than create a pile of crap that needs to be done later.

We close CRC around 3 PM and verify it's all there, and then do it again around 8 PM (9 PM on Saturdays). I typically do the CRC myself because if anything is missing it's me that gets chewed out, not the cashier who was at the service desk.

Our store volume is pretty hectic rush hours are between 1230p - 6pm everyday ; in those times the Defectives get a little crazy.

If we call for back up. The GSA or GSTL will come over. Back up then go back to the front end. so it's temporary. the more you call for back up the more they would question your abilities. sucks but it is what it is.. Coach Coach Coach.

Our store is an A++ volume super. We are a 11pm store except for Friday and Saturday, which is midnight. We usually have 2-3 people at service desk at all times from 10am-10pm, and still often need to call for backup to help us. GSA/GSTL are not allowed to back up SD unless the LOD or another ETL are watching the front - and even then - we've had the STL tell us to stay at the lanes while he and another ETL or TL help SD. At any given time, we have 4-5 guests waiting in line for returns, store pickups, photo, registries, etc.

I worked at SD for awhile and I loved closing except on Sat. because of ad lol
But at my store before the opener goes home they take all their big defectives to the back and their boxes but only if they're full. Then as the closer when I came in I would just work on defects all day and have my flat loaded with everything I needed to take back an hr before the store closes. That last hour I just brand the SD, shred cc, go through 24hr hold, dollar, and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back