Archived Guest Service Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many variables not brought into consideration.
4372629-8999581655-72-wh.jpg
Of course there are a ton of variables you can come up with....

A majority (almost all) of the time, 1 cashier and 1 GSTL can knock down a line without calling for backup by having the GSTL jump on a lane.

Haha you guys got that too? Our directive our regional president is that the GSTL should be the "Mayor of Target."

Shaking hands and kissing babies.
Ha, we got this. Gsa had to show it to me because I couldn't believe they made this shit up. They can't have rotunda pallet displays and a hotel lobby look at the sane time...

Realistically though there is a line at guest service too.

On a scale of 1-5, 4 times out of 5 there is a line at guest services I think because a lot of conversation is required by guests and team member.

Lol, you ever send a guest to GS without checking their line first....and the guest gets pissed because there were just as many people in line there? Good times! I'll certainly never make that mistake again.

Hmm very interesting. Don't think that would work well. We may not.be a super slow store, but it's not uncommon to have 1 cashier, 1GSTL until 10:30 or 11. Then maybe get a cashier in and cash office come out. Shoot some days it's just the GSTL until 9 or 10AM. Hopefully not anymore

So what does GE/GSTL do anymore? At our store, they were told not to do sales plans, not to worry about the card wall, sales floor owns one spot, they don't have FA anymore and re shop just gets tossed into a cart. What do you guys do now?

I don't mean to sound pretentious but I really don't know what else they could take away from y'all and pile on sales floor.

Edit: oh yeah no checklane candy is supposed to be pushed by cashiers either..

At my store we have to do all of that we are A volume but we often have no cart attendant or closeing cashier. Now we have even more to do. They want us to be oh so happy, yet many of us find ourselves hiding to cry. The pressure is awful. When you are on a register all night but your stomach is in knots because you will get written up if your zone isn't crisp and your reshop is complete it makes for a long night. They keep cutting hours and demanding more and more from us.

What I don't get is if Target is now Guest Service & Store Appearance to Guests....how in the hell does Walmart get away with 3 cashiers on 25 lanes, long Front Lane lines, stacked high pallets in the middle of the runways....yet Walmart still pulls in the guests.

Stop the attempts to be trendy.

Treat your TMs with respect and your TMs will be happy...Happy TMs make Happy Guests.

What I don't get is if Target is now Guest Service & Store Appearance to Guests....how in the hell does Walmart get away with 3 cashiers on 25 lanes, long Front Lane lines, stacked high pallets in the middle of the runways....yet Walmart still pulls in the guests.

Stop the attempts to be trendy.

Treat your TMs with respect and your TMs will be happy...Happy TMs make Happy Guests.
Walmart is cheaper and Target can't compete with that.

Agree 110% with this. In a time now where everyone is low on cash, Cheapest Always beats out "Flashy & Kindnesses"! Shoot, I've heard guests say out loud, " X product is 59.99??!! I can get this elsewhere WAY cheaper!" They put it back on the shelves and walk out the store.
I unbashedly always bring a leather pouch of coupons with me. My fellow TMs are like "How much do you save?"

If your store has 1 cashier and 1 GSTL, it's absurb to call for backup. #1, if your store is scheduled like this it has got to be super slow, leading to #2, in the time it takes backup to arrive, the GSTL could have rang out a guest or 2 in order to get rid of the line.
Absolute no, no, in our store for a GSA/GSTL to be on a lane.

On a scale of 1-5, 4 times out of 5 there is a line at guest services I think because a lot of conversation is required by guests and team member.
Yes. Yes. Yes. Plus a lot of variables with each transaction. Then you have to deal with people who come to do a return and when they get to the desk decide they need to find their receipt. While they are searching for it the line gets longer behind them. Working at GS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get. I really hate the scammers who take up any of my time.

I'm not allowed to get on a lane unless the LOD tells me to. I have to announce if I'm going to guest service to help a guest or to Starbucks to do a change request.

We get a preprogrammed announcement over the walkies every hour or so "restroom maintenance is needed" or something like that. Everyone hears it, not just GS or the CA. Maybe you can do that. And if you are A volume, why don't you have daytime CAs?

Sorry I didn't mean to post that!? Too whiny. Thank you, though. I'm going to try to hear that tonight. I honestly haven't been hearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back