Archived Guest stereotypes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "entitled". Usually she. She believes implicitly that you, a mere retail employee, could not possibly grasp how incredibly important it is for her to have her fiber one cereal bars. Now. She believes that she's safely imbedded in the middle class and will never have to be polite to someone like me. I have a kernel of wisdom. Karma.

I had her type come up to the Service Desk and tried to get me to ring up her 25 items. I told her that I'm sorry but I am helping all three guests at the photo kiosks, but I'll be there shortly. That c*** rolled her eyes threw her stuff in a cart and muttered asshole when she walked by. I was about to wish her a nice day but one of the guests I was helping loudly proclaimed her a rude bitch. LOL. Best day ever.

Here's one. The one guest who thinks guest service is a One Fix for everything. I work in Food Avenue and some people get touchy about slightly burned pretzels or how fresh the popcorn is. A guest complained about a pretzel and wanted to let guest service know. How? The guest decides to vent and proceeds to yell at the GSA and guest service TM. The guest wanted them to fix it right away. Cafe gets a call and I proceed to replace the guest's order. The guests arrives, smiles at me, and tells me "You provide good service". Guest Service gets chewed out over something minor and I get a friendly compliment.

When I'm on check lane I'll inevitably get a guest that does just fine then at some point, usually near the end of the transaction gets a phone call. Never fails. My opinion of them is based on how they answer the call. Occasionally I'll get someone that says "Hey I'm checking out at Target. I'll call you back in 10." But, more often than not I get the ones that want to to talk then I'm the idiot because they're not paying attention to the card reader.

Speaking of the card reader. I've noticed that the different screens (I.e. Cash back, all on the card) have a slight delay in between them. The delay is enough that they get distracted by their phones. So I'm left standing there awkwardly while they skim through their texts.

Speaking of the card reader. I've noticed that the different screens (I.e. Cash back, all on the card) have a slight delay in between them. The delay is enough that they get distracted by their phones. So I'm left standing there awkwardly while they skim through their texts.
I keep my eyes glued to the card reader so I can remove my card immediately when prompted and not listen to that awful beeping sound.

The guest who lets you know they have coupons after you rang up a hundred items.

coupons21.jpg

Does anyone have any good drunk guest stories?

One I can recall is the slightly tipsy one who sees an ad and makes it a duty to announce "Hey, these chips are 2 for $5.00". It did not stop there. The next stop was a louder announcement "HEY, These sodas are 3 for $11.00"!

2 drunks at my register and can't keep their hands off each other...annouce they are wasted and need to go home. Of course they also tell me that his wife is out of town and she will never know about their fun drunk night. I'm trying to convince them to get a taxi...I even offer to call one for them. Nope, he had his Range Rover outside and they were fine to drive. They left and 5 minutes later the cart attendant comes in a says there is a SUV half lodged in and half rolled over in a huge snow bank. Guess who it was??? I hate drunk drivers with a passion.

2 drunks at my register and can't keep their hands off each other...annouce they are wasted and need to go home. Of course they also tell me that his wife is out of town and she will never know about their fun drunk night. I'm trying to convince them to get a taxi...I even offer to call one for them. Nope, he had his Range Rover outside and they were fine to drive. They left and 5 minutes later the cart attendant comes in a says there is a SUV half lodged in and half rolled over in a huge snow bank. Guess who it was??? I hate drunk drivers with a passion.
"I actually drive better when I'm drunk guys."

Those guests who see that Halloween stuff is 90% off and buy $1000 worth of stuff.

I actually got one of these guests yesterday. She said she was part of a "group" that says when stuff goes on sale. After she paid, she took a picture of her cart, which I assume she was going to post on Facebook.

latest

The "Special" Guests (aka "The Rule-Breakers")
These are the guests who think the rules/laws don't apply to them. If you tell them you can't do something because it's against the rules/law, they want you to do it anyway, like ringing up alcohol anywhere other than the front lanes. I especially enjoy the ones who say "It's okay, I won't tell anyone". In the pharmacy, I just point up and say "You don't have to tell anyone, they watch every move we make". I'm not sure how much this happens in other parts of the store, but it happens almost daily in the pharmacy, whether it's people wanting us to just "give" them medicine when they have no refills or an expired Rx, or wanting us to "override" the PSE limits, they seem to think we can just do whatever we want. They don't realize that we could lose our licenses and, in most cases, end up in jail by doing whatever it is they're asking us to do! Sorry, I'm not going to jail for ANYONE, much less a guest!
Had one today that complained and called me a racist (he was middle eastern) because he went into a new cashiers line and I walked up to the cashier and made sure that she knew that the limit was 20 on 2 liters per day and to make sure you count them (we have had problems in the past). He even asked me if I could let him have more so that he didn't have to come back tomorrow. I said no and he stormed off. Really glad the GSTL that was working tonight took my side and didn't blow the whole thing out of proportion. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back