Archived Guests and your phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish someone would but i dont mind using it for the guests if i can cuz im on the floor and have the target app

I don't have any problem helping them out if I offer. However, it becomes a problem when it's expected/demanded. My personal property is mine. If I had coupons in my pocket and a guest walked up and insisted I use the coupons for them, I wouldn't allow it. It's the same concept to me.

Easy. I have a dumb phone. :D

I don't have any problem helping them out if I offer. However, it becomes a problem when it's expected/demanded. My personal property is mine. If I had coupons in my pocket and a guest walked up and insisted I use the coupons for them, I wouldn't allow it. It's the same concept to me.

This.

Yeah no. Sorry my personal phone is just that - personal. I can if you have a smart phone help you get cartwheel set up and running.

This is exactly what I told guests when I worked at spot. Some would ask me the same thing and i would blatantly say "This isn't a business phone. This is my own personal cell phone, and I don't use it for work."

I always use my phone to "vibe" with guests. I like to save money, as well as help others to. I have unlimited data, but target has free WiFi in case I didn't. Recently, I was caught doing it with guests on the floor. Because of that, I was able to pick out a toy for one of my kids for christmas.

I don't look down on anyone who doesn't do the same, but for me, I'm happy to do it. It's a big reason why guests keep coming back to target, the staff goes out of their way.

I always use my phone to "vibe" with guests. I like to save money, as well as help others to. I have unlimited data, but target has free WiFi in case I didn't. Recently, I was caught doing it with guests on the floor. Because of that, I was able to pick out a toy for one of my kids for christmas.

I don't look down on anyone who doesn't do the same, but for me, I'm happy to do it. It's a big reason why guests keep coming back to target, the staff goes out of their way.

I just ask for equipment that actually works!

I volunteered my personal phone and cartwheel account a few days ago to help a couple of senior citizens buy some plates with the deal their daughter in a city miles away told them about. I made no fuss and neither did they so I happily and willingly volunteered my cartwheel.

Also, lately I've been using my personal phone to use Google Translate. Lately we've had a larger influx of Chinese people come in to our store whose English is not....ummm....well developed. So I type in a basic phrase like "was there anything wrong with the item" or "will that be all for you today" and continue the transaction as normal.

I volunteered my personal phone and cartwheel account a few days ago to help a couple of senior citizens buy some plates with the deal their daughter in a city miles away told them about. I made no fuss and neither did they so I happily and willingly volunteered my cartwheel.

Also, lately I've been using my personal phone to use Google Translate. Lately we've had a larger influx of Chinese people come in to our store whose English is not....ummm....well developed. So I type in a basic phrase like "was there anything wrong with the item" or "will that be all for you today" and continue the transaction as normal.

That is a usage I would whip out my phone for and have done that. But this demand that spot has that we should use our phones as "just cause" is not something I approve of nor will I encourage.

When I cashiered, I used my phone constantly for guests. Saving them money with my own personal phone gained their trust and helped me get red cards, lol. Because of that, my cartwheel says I've saved like $400 haha.

As a GSA, I never even carry my phone on me. my pockets are already weighed down by a walkie, my device and keys so I'm not carrying around more crap. I'll grab it out of the office to help a guest with e-gift-cards though. I fucking hate those things and guests get understandably frustrated with them. So I always offer to use my gift card account to "purchase" them a physical gift card to use while showing them how to do it so they'll know next time.

My store set up a store cartwheel acct with a store email address. It is posted in the equipment room so we can log in to it when we sign out equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back