Archived Guests Say the Darndest Things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about when a guest asks "does target have a bathroom?"
Hhhhhwut now?

I had left the front to check a sign for a guest, because no one was responding to me over walkie. As I'm coming down the aisle, I overhear another guest tell her teenage daughter about how "some men have vaginas, and some women have penises." I mean, she wasn't wrong, but I still noped the fuck out of there. And tried very hard not to laugh when I was talking to the original guest I was assisting.

I had left the front to check a sign for a guest, because no one was responding to me over walkie. As I'm coming down the aisle, I overhear another guest tell her teenage daughter about how "some men have vaginas, and some women have penises." I mean, she wasn't wrong, but I still noped the fuck out of there. And tried very hard not to laugh when I was talking to the original guest I was assisting.

And some have a Vagenis! Or a Pegina!

For the summer, I'm working at a home with a kid and her mom who are religious. A few days after gay marriage became legal nationwide I was at the house prompting the kid to clean his room and the mom found a school report the kid did on the founding fathers. She looked at it, shook her head, and then said to me "If only they knew what was happening today." I had to bite my tongue for that one.

Also, the same day of my "nuts" comment above; three busloads of colleges kids packed into my store and started wrecking havock trying to find lamps and food and other stuff. Some 30s/40s woman came up to me to ask a question and before I could speak, I asked "Are you with the college kids?" Obviously made her day, she said at the end "Thank you for mistaking me for a college kid." Hahaha

While on register, a lady that had just checked out with a co-worker came to me claiming there was a mistake on her receipt. She had bought 6 items, yet the receipt only had 5 and because of that her 2 pairs of shorts didn't ring up as" buy one get one 50% off". The conversation went pretty much like this:
Guest- I didn't get my shorts for half off.
Me- There has to be a mistake. May I check your receipt please?
Guest hands the receipt
Me- It seems like the 2nd pair of shorts wasn't scanned therefore you don't see it for 50% off. If you're still interested in purchasing them, is an easy fix.
G- But I paid with a gift card...
At this point I thought she thought she was going to be overcharged so I tried to explain as simply as possible
M- Uhm.... you will not lose the value of the gift card. We can proceed this way: I will return all of your items, put the value on another gift card or give it to you cash, then you just need to pay the difference for the pair of shorts that you weren't charged for in the first place and since it'll be your 2nd pair, you'll get it for half off.
G- So I'm gonna have to come up with more money....
M- Only for the shorts you didn't pay for
G- I don't see why I should have to pay more if it wasn't my mistake.
M- Ma'am you'll pay what you initially were supposed to in order to be able to get the shorts to a discount.
G- But why do I have to pay for somebody's mistake?
M- Ma'am let me take you to guest services so they can take care of you.

Another guest:
G- Where are you from?
Me- Italy.
Guest very excitedly- COOL, SO YOU'RE SPANISH? !
Me-..... if you want me to. ....

Last one at the moment:
I work in FA and sometimes if it's slow I'll stop and chat with some guests. This time in particular I was chatting with an older guest at some point he asked me if I had kids, I say no and he looks me up and down and says " Well I'm gonna have to teach ya".
I can't wait to be old and say whatever the heck I want!

Last edited:
I overheard to little twin girls, who seemingly shared the same mind, begging for an iPad. These two were about 3 or 4 years old both riding in the cart.
Girl 1 said, "Mommy get me a ipad."
Girl 2 said, "yea mommy get us one."
Their mom asked, "get you an iPad?"
"Yea we want one."
"Yea get us one we want it mommy"
"Noooo sorry you guys are funny"
"Awwww I hate you."
"Yea mommy we hate you."
The mother laughingly asks, "You hate me? You're hurting mommy's feelings."
"Yea we want a new mommy."
"Yea mommy we want a new mommy."
"Yea take us mommy"
"Yea take us mommy"
"We hate you we want a new one."
Mom stopped responding. I think mom was a little hurt :(
Brats!

I was helping a guest find a particular movie today. We found the dvd but she wanted the Blu ray. Extensive searching found that there was no Blu Ray version. After a very thorough search, an explanation of the situation and a sincere apology I get, "WOW WHAT KIND OF SERVICE IS THIS"
And then I stood there...just... so crushed.

I was helping a guest find a particular movie today. We found the dvd but she wanted the Blu ray. Extensive searching found that there was no Blu Ray version. After a very thorough search, an explanation of the situation and a sincere apology I get, "WOW WHAT KIND OF SERVICE IS THIS"
Should have pulled the Blu-ray out of your ass.

I overheard to little twin girls, who seemingly shared the same mind, begging for an iPad. These two were about 3 or 4 years old both riding in the cart.
Girl 1 said, "Mommy get me a ipad."
Girl 2 said, "yea mommy get us one."
Their mom asked, "get you an iPad?"
"Yea we want one."
"Yea get us one we want it mommy"
"Noooo sorry you guys are funny"
"Awwww I hate you."
"Yea mommy we hate you."
The mother laughingly asks, "You hate me? You're hurting mommy's feelings."
"Yea we want a new mommy."
"Yea mommy we want a new mommy."
"Yea take us mommy"
"Yea take us mommy"
"We hate you we want a new one."
Mom stopped responding. I think mom was a little hurt :(
Brats!
Too bad it wasn't their dad...you could've played this...

Be glad they didn't do it on the survey....we had a guest slam us because their medication was on back order and NOBODY had it (we called literally EVERY pharmacy within a 10 mile radius). This was also AFTER we had given her what we had AT NO CHARGE!!! And I'm not talking about a cheap $4 generic, this was a $500+/mo brand only medicine that we gave her a 10-day supply!!!

When the Lilly Palitzer (sp?) line was on sale. I came into work well after the store had sold out. A guest walks up to me and this is what happened.
Guest: Excuse me? Do you have any more Lilly Palitzer stuff?
Me: No Ma'am it's all sold out.
Guest: (blows up) I'll buy it online then! Target sucks anyway!
Me: *screaming internally*

I used to work a department store in the intimate apparel section. So I used to help women with finding bras for them. I had an older guest come in asking for a bra similar to one that she had on. I asked her what kind she had on. She never answered and instead flashed me her bra in full view of the store. I politely said, "Thank you... I think I got it now."

Me to guest at SD: Hi, how can I help you today?

Guest: Yeah, I just need to return this pool float my husband bought. He didn't like it.

Me: Oh really?

*Guest hands over a perfectly fine package with a model floating in the float pictured*

Guest: Yeah, he said the girl didn't come with it.

Me: *Dying*

Me to guest at SD: Hi, how can I help you today?

Guest: Yeah, I just need to return this pool float my husband bought. He didn't like it.

Me: Oh really?

*Guest hands over a perfectly fine package with a model floating in the float pictured*

Guest: Yeah, he said the girl didn't come with it.

Me: *Dying*
Well you are suppose to vibe with the guest
Guest were is restroom I have diarrhea for target pizza Hut then woman breaks pharmacy toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back