Archived guests that bug me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today. Had a lady with 3 boys who all (of course) had to pay for their own toy. Some had gift cards, most paid cash. She hands me the kid's money and as I'm counting it, there's a one that is only half there. I go to hand it back to her and politely tell her I can't take it because the other half is missing. She says You can't take half of it? I tell her (and hold it up) See the other half with the serial # is missing. It's called mutilated money. (I also work in cash office.) I mean, really, why don't we all just rip our money in half and try to pass it!! Gonna go get some hundreds tomorrow.... :rolleyes:
Also, one of the boys bought a huge bean bag chair and wanted to know if I had a bag big enough for it. People want EVERYTHING bagged. haha I guarantee he's gonna get more stuff on it at home than taking it out to his mom's SUV.

Elderly lady tries to use a Redcard, can't remember pin #. Finally it goes through but it's declined. She bends it and tells me she's thinking of cancelling it (as if I care). I tell her that she can call the # on the back and find out what's wrong. Her husband, her and her daughter all look at the back of the card. Did they not know there was a # you can call???

My store has those bench thingies where you can set bags. I hate it when the bench is OVERFLOWING with bags and the guest just stands there watching you try to balance their crap on the bench. Little help, maybe?

Guests who see you taking hangars off of clothes and put them in the hangar bin. Think you could help with the 2nd stack of clothes you have? I guess they like standing in line watching me.

Guests who put GINORMOUS Sterilite containers/curtain rods/bookshelves that weight 55lbs (I know, I have 3) on the conveyer belt and then it jams into the stand where the card reader sits. Just leave it in the cart already!

Guests who see you taking hangars off of clothes and put them in the hangar bin. Think you could help with the 2nd stack of clothes you have? I guess they like standing in line watching me.

Doesn't matter where I am, if I see someone doing that, I will start taking the hangers off their clothes for them! Maybe that is a terrible thing, but if you cannot be bothered to help take the hangers off of your 50 articles of clothing and want to stand there and watch the cashier do it, then you need to hire a seamstress or something. I cannot stand to wait in line because of people like that....

Doesn't matter where I am, if I see someone doing that, I will start taking the hangers off their clothes for them! Maybe that is a terrible thing, but if you cannot be bothered to help take the hangers off of your 50 articles of clothing and want to stand there and watch the cashier do it, then you need to hire a seamstress or something. I cannot stand to wait in line because of people like that....

If I noticed this while I was speedweaving I would take the guest side of the checklane and rapidly (and somewhat obnoxiously) take off hangers with the cashier

I hear ya!

Another annoying thing is when THEY WATCH you struggle to bag an awkward object, and then, once it's inside, you hear "Oh, that doesn't have to go in a bag!"

ARrrrggghhhHHHhh!!!

Yeah, I forgot about this one! I just don't have it in me to just STAND THERE holding my credit card watching someone struggle to bag MY crapola!

When the bags start to pile up, I make a great act of trying to balance them and take my time doing so. Usually the guest will notice and come to my rescue. Shoot, I'm not going anywhere...you can stand there all day. And no, I don't care if I get an R. That's stupid right there, grading us on transactions we can't control...people who write a check!, can't find their credit card/money/coupons/get their cartwheel or mobile coupon to pull up...etc.

When the bags pile up I ask if I can get them another cart. The ones that are standing there on their phone oblivious to everything, I start putting the bags on the belt. Had some really rude woman get mad at me because I wanted to put her cutie oranges (bag not box) inside another bag with bananas in it. When I get people that act like this, I've always wondered what would happen if I just put their stuff to the side and I said: "Here, I'll scan and you can bag" in a nice, sweet little voice.

Guests who for some reason don't want to put their 1 or 2 items on the belt. Why??? Are they afraid of it?
This really bugs me when I'm checking out behind them. I just start loading my stuff on the belt. If the cashier starts ringing up my stuff, well, then too bad. Should've put your stuff down not hold onto it for dear life.

Guests who for some reason don't want to put their 1 or 2 items on the belt. Why??? Are they afraid of it?
This really bugs me when I'm checking out behind them. I just start loading my stuff on the belt. If the cashier starts ringing up my stuff, well, then too bad. Should've put your stuff down not hold onto it for dear life.

I love it when people don't want to put their clothes on the belt so that it won't get dirty. Let's completely forget that many people try those clothes on and they're probably never washed. The belt getting it dirty should be the least of your worries.

Annoyance of the day...swiping their credit/debit card, putting it away in their wallet, putting wallet in purse...
Oh! I have to answer a question on the card reader? Answers question. Me-still waiting. Them noticing that the screen says Use Card Reader. Oh! Answers 2 more questions on card reader.
Seriously, you have a Redcard (which means they probably shop here a lot)! You don't know the routine by now???

Oblivious guest on the phone puts her items on the belt before the guest that was standing in front of her,I asked the first guest if she was in a hurry ,she said no ,I then told her to give me her items one at a time ....
2nd guest was not too happy ....

I love it when people don't want to put their clothes on the belt so that it won't get dirty. Let's completely forget that many people try those clothes on and they're probably never washed. The belt getting it dirty should be the least of your worries.

Today must've been "buy a white shirt day"! So many ladies had these white tank tops and almost every one handed it to me like it was gold! lol

Another thing I just thought of is people who are buying rugs (like in front of your door or bathroom vanity) and want it in a bag. I guess for the ease of carrying it, but still......

Yeah, and don't forget about all the dirty hands that could have fondled it, all the times it's fallen on the floor, AND the fact that the cashier handling it probably has filthy money hands.

I think I'm missing something, how is this thread different from To that one guest? Shouldn't they be merged?
This is a different topic because it's all about annoying guests. "To that one guest" is what you what like to say to a guest, but can't. TTOG can include nice things as well as annoying things.

Guests who want you to open the box to see what it looks like, so you do that's cool (if I open it I know it'll be back in box neatly) then the guests wants a fresh one from the stockroom. What's wrong with the one I opened and reboxed neatly, you know it is new anyway? Sheesh.

I always love the guests who come in through the middle doors when I come up to the front to grab carts. It is always amsuing to me because on all the doors it says DO NOT ENTER until the last doors on the left.

Not sure how they think going through the middle doors that are swung open with a bunch of carts lined up is the entry.

Had a guest put about 10 packages of check lane candy on the last register then try to use the three tier to shop.

Actually this would be an awesome cart to shop with. Put cold/grocery stuff on one tier, health/beauty type items on 2nd and other heavier stuff on the bottom. Use bars to hang clothing. Unload in these groups and bagging would be SOOOO much easier! :)

Had a guest put about 10 packages of check lane candy on the last register then try to use the three tier to shop.
Ive seen a that a couple of times. The one time the guys wife said something to him and he just said that he found it sitting somewhere and thought it was all right to use it. The next time it was a woman with a small child. I wondered why she thought that was all right when there is literally no place to put a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back