Archived Halloween Costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently Target has decided not all stores will carry mens costumes this year, my store included. Anyone else have this going on at their store? Hopefully we find out any stores around the area that are carrying them but I have a feeling we are going to get some angry guests, thank you corporate!!!

same here, didnt notice it till it was set but its all kids/infants. We didnt even get any overhead signing and half the stuff for the tables either :/ our halloween set looks horrible. Even the stuff in our "mimi" seasonal area got cut, we usually have tons of halloween toys and stuff like that but this year we have nothing

We didn't get mens' either. Our selection in general is smaller this year on costumes. It's very dissapointing :(

Last edited:
Had a guest come in asking why we didnt carry mens costumes, i blinked because i KNEW i saw some... our store has 8ft of mens costumes next to the pets costumes at the end of the pets run....

Tons of boys costumes but no mens.
I noticed that when we were doing the set.
Weird that we would have costumes for wiener dogs but not adult males.

men's is supposed to be in the same run as women's. but then again i guess if the giant hot dog, or banana, or gorilla suit aren't big sellers they figure its covered in the wigs and hats sections?

Same at our store. More boys, girls, and infant costumes this year. Only three sections of women's costumes.

We didn't get mens' either. Our selection in general is smaller this year on costumes. It's very dissapointing :(

RIGHT? I was like "Is this IT for costumes? It's so pitiful; thought it's better because seasonal is a NIGHTMARE to zone! We all have our zones for the shift and then it always ends with "EVERYONE go over to seasonal at the end," because it's ridiculous! IT *ALWAYS* looks like a tornado just ran through it; we don't even really zone it much anymore, just make sure everything is off the floor and there is some kind of organization. But from a guest POV, it's sad!

We have "costume tees" in softlines for men. T-shirts with capes/superhero bodies and where's waldo Ts. So far, I've only seen women buying them, Superman and Waldo, in particular.

Seconding the mellow halloween area this year. Though the bright side for any logistics people, I haven't seen the glittery ornament monstrosities show up yet for christmas.

We're in the same boat, too. I just thought it was because we lost a little bit of space in mini and seasonal when we remodeled to make room for Pfresh so we didn't have room for the costumes that we had in previous years. Overall I think the entire set looks super generic though. Definitely not as cool as last year's was.

Our costume section was very strange this year too. Very few masks, adult costumes, and accessories. Mostly just children costumes and then decorations. Last night was insanity, only two cashiers scheduled, no one around for back up because we were having a party going on in our old garden center....We cleared out of everything back in seasonal, and then had people still rushing in at 9:45 asking us when we're getting more costumes in :dash2: ...people are so last minute about shopping now, it's crazy. Trying to get them all out was the hard part. lol. And now begins Christmas...

All of the costumes went clearance nothing is left except dog costumes ( go figure lol) and we have alot of candy left ( go figure lol)

Pharmacy tech told me they're already seeing an uptick in syringes & insulin scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back