Pricing and Presentation Halloween

So, aside from the asinine approach to BTC/BTS clearance… this transition set may have been our smoothest yet. Three early AM shifts with 5 setters and we’re 90% finished. Push is handled by a secondary crew. We were short some fixtures though, so we’ve called some remodeling stores to see if we could get parts.

So far, only major problem has been the candy sign. Too top heavy with no rigid support for the weak styrofoam board they chose. Thing collapsed in a day. PMT and I tried reinforcing with dowel rods and zip tying it to the t-frames. Seems sketchy.

So, aside from the asinine approach to BTC/BTS clearance… this transition set may have been our smoothest yet. Three early AM shifts with 5 setters and we’re 90% finished. Push is handled by a secondary crew. We were short some fixtures though, so we’ve called some remodeling stores to see if we could get parts.

So far, only major problem has been the candy sign. Too top heavy with no rigid support for the weak styrofoam board they chose. Thing collapsed in a day. PMT and I tried reinforcing with dowel rods and zip tying it to the t-frames. Seems sketchy.

Our arch sign is ok, but it's tilting a bit.

What fixtures were you short? We had to acquire 4 pieces of pegboard from another store to finish setting. We are 2 pogs short of completely set and about 45% filled back.

What fixtures were you short? We had to acquire 4 pieces of pegboard from another store to finish setting. We are 2 pogs short of completely set and about 45% filled back.

A bunch of feet and basedecks. We bought peg board from Lowe's. We needed about 8 base decks.

Still think it was a super easy set this year.

All went very smooth. Worst was setting garden tools in rear seasonal in March to move it to mini in June and then back again to rear in Sept., same merchandise, duh. Wish we set it on the side wall and left it there, easier for guests to find. Hardly sold any when it was in mini.
Great team of 2 demerching/3 setting/3 others pushing. Had extra backer paper. All setting was completed in 9 shifts: 3 days, 3 tm per day.
Separate team is still filling. Some signage to go. Waiting to tie til filled in, don’t want to tank SFS INF score cause pallets still in steel.

Writing that down for the Christmas set.
Ugh. I knew the spray paint makeup/glitter didn’t just sit on the base decks.

Also the dj is lit. View attachment 8640

But my favorite thing of this set is the spooky return from the grave, “expect more, pay less” headers.

Unrelated, what’s the fixture number for your white headers? We aren’t due a remodel, but I love the look of those signs over the aisle marker boards we have. One piece is way better than 3 held together with hopes and dreams.

I can't believe they used those ugly Expect More, Pay Less headers instead of something Halloween-themed.
Talked to my advisor about it. He said it’s because they’re more worried about the price value this year. Or that’s what they said at the national meeting.

I have never had so many people ask about Halloween items this early in September wtf

Talked to my advisor about it. He said it’s because they’re more worried about the price value this year. Or that’s what they said at the national meeting.
It's just wild seeing "Expect More. Pay Less." next to a $30 Halloween costume.

I think our Halloween stuff is great this year. So many new things. I got the $35.00 scary faux plant. I loved them all!

Ours went pretty smoothly. 3 days of 10 hour overnights. Got everything set except one gondola and 90% pushed.

I'm really surprised.

Back