MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Dang, I WISH they'd get hardlines to take Baby Hardlines from us. >< Not in our store... we're overworked, stressed the hell out, and can't get it all done but no... we get very little hands reaching out to us while we drown. Just hoping they'll eventually hire enough people to get this thing (E2E) working like it's supposed to. :p

At my store I am flow hardlines. I detrash then do baby hardlines. With e2e there is no fucking way the style team could or should do baby hardlines. I was flow softlines but jumped ship. I believe e2e would work if they kept the pricing team intact. Pricing is what is killing our style team.

I think I finally got accurate intel.
Baby gondos are now hardlines' responsibility in my store. Shoes is staying with SL. I think they just had hl tms in there for a couple of days because of short staffing... And a semi-surprise visit.

Edit: jk lol. All the lods are doing dif things with baby hardlines.

We have brand TMs for shoes and NIT. Then during Q4 they start scheduling everyone in depts when they make the schedule and keeping some level of consistency. We also have one other brand tm (or whatever they're actually calling them) that does a mix. She owns lady's swim and a few other things. It seems to be a better system then just moving everyone around constantly.

Last edited:
If you hve clearance in your tables when you set what do you do with the clerance? Who is on charge to hange the clothes if you do taht?

If you hve clearance in your tables when you set what do you do with the clerance? Who is on charge to hange the clothes if you do taht?
What type of tables? Convertibles, feature tables, or are you a 2.0 store? If it is just a few colors, we add a shelf to the bottom of the fixture for the clearance to make room for all of the new colors. When all of the Merona went clearance, we shelved an additional convertible and left it folded. They will probably hang what left this week. If we have them hung, we have the operator hang them. You have to get hangers for them though.

What type of tables? Convertibles, feature tables, or are you a 2.0 store? If it is just a few colors, we add a shelf to the bottom of the fixture for the clearance to make room for all of the new colors. When all of the Merona went clearance, we shelved an additional convertible and left it folded. They will probably hang what left this week. If we have them hung, we have the operator hang them. You have to get hangers for them though.

I like the idea of adding a shelf to the bottom for clearance for just a few colors, but do you have a lot of guests asking if the whole table is clearance? I wish I could post a pic of my store's clearance section, but it would probably give me away. It's a pretty unique layout and we have a permanent clearance table in the middle. We've never hung clearance before, probably because it'd make things a little complicated for the pricing team.

How'd everyone's branch launches go? They were super nervous at my store that we were going to have a visit, but nope. All of our SL, including leadership, are female so this poor new hardlines kid had to be our Goodfellow model lol. Our STL said its ok for us SL folks to wear AND clothes for a couple days, so I'm taking him up on that and treated myself to a T-shirt :)

Just put the little clearance labels on the shelf. Never had a problem.
If our guests see a clearance sign anywhere, they assume everything is clearance. I've had a ton of guests think all our swimsuits are now on clearance just because a few (clearly marked) racks are.

I was called to check a price on something, the tiny clearance tag was directly under the stack of shirts to the right. They gave it to the people at clearance price because the shirts were on the same shelf.

I have seen where stacks of shirts, one stack clearance and one stack not, are simply kept zoned because the stickers on the tags are the giveaway. Guests really do notice that multiple shirts that are the same do have tags and multiple shirts that are the same don't have tags. I will take away a stack of shirts if the regular price shirts go on a sale that makes the clearance price more expensive. Sometimes we are given a couple of stacks and told to hang them, but if there's a ton that went clearance they usually leave them folded on a table. However when I get a clearance folded shirt in the unsorted reshop I just hang it anyway because the tables are always messy and that's one less shirt to mess up the table.

We do a few different things. Sometimes we add a shelf and the clearance shelf labels. Sometimes we have a table in clearance, or a few shelves on the wall near clearance. We hang if there's only a few. Or if fitting room is slow they might send a million clearance tees.

There's usually like one or a few people who tries to get regular priced stuff at the clearance prices but I just explain to them that the prices and whether it's clearance is noted by the label in front of the item. Super rare that the zone is so bad that all the regular price stuff ends up in the same location as a clearance label... Unless some thieving guest did it

Since the star of end to end process , who has to reserch softlines if you do not have tms that owns dep?

Can anyone tell me what type of signholder they use to sign their moveable walls like this (on that front bar)? The knuckle signholders don't fit on it and the flexible shelf ones barely hang on. Found this picture on Workbench.
UP1TQ1c_d.webp

I thought we got some of these sign holders. My TL tells me we didn't. Sry it took so long to get back to you. I'm trying to hunt down the SAP # in case anyone needs it.

So, how is everyone doing on the Aug 27th week workload in softlines? Really not coming together on my end. Having to cover FRO and prep for big visits and backstock the truck like 3 hrs a day.... *sigh* ... I'll be lucky if I catch up by the end of 4th Quarter. -_-

Since the star of end to end process , who has to reserch softlines if you do not have tms that owns dep?

Our store, we rotate. One day working in baby hardlines, the next day intimates and sleepwear, the next day boys and girls, and so on.

It's a bit of a pain, but I think it's probably the better way to do things. If everyone has "their" section, what happens when an expectant mother needs advice on breast pumps and your baby hardlines person has the day off?

Our store, we rotate. One day working in baby hardlines, the next day intimates and sleepwear, the next day boys and girls, and so on.

It's a bit of a pain, but I think it's probably the better way to do things. If everyone has "their" section, what happens when an expectant mother needs advice on breast pumps and your baby hardlines person has the day off?

Not everyone has a section and we still all work and help out in other sections. I used to unofficially (I didn't get the extra quarter... Or have to do VAs) be the baby person because people would just not go there if they saw me on the schedule. I didn't hate working there as much as other people. The consistency was nice and I grew a sense of pride in the dept. When we had visits they noticed the dept was looking better because of it. But course I still worked in other depts and everyone else did too.. other people went to baby.

I don't have advice for breast pumps though. I hate when guests ask that type of thing tbh. I can tell you where it's located and if there's any in the back, but don't expect my childless ass to make a recommendation. I know which brands we have and I know which is more popular based on what people ask me all the time (Medela is the most popular brand... Then it seems they just pick based on price level beyond that... And insurance covers one of them).

The only way to have us consistently in one area and have a tm always there would be to schedule each area like they do beauty, market and electronics. That'll never happen at Target though so we still rotate and help out elsewhere. It's not like only one tm ever goes to baby hardlines. Hardlines tms work over there too. Sharing is caring! HL zones it and does the push now it seems. I wasn't there when they announced the change so based on what I've deduced, SL still reshops it and does the cafs

Back