Archived Hardlines and overstock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine this is probably a problem in almost every store. Trying to see if you guys have any suggestions on getting to the flow team and getting them not to overstock the sales floor. I can't understand why the flow team will fill the home location and then just pick another empty spot to put the rest instead of backstocking it.....I get so tired of detail zoning the same areas over and over again especially when I'm the only one on the floor till 4pm and have to get my SPLS done....what have you guys tried?

Approach the team members working in problem areas directly in the morning. Show them an example, let them know why it's bad, and how it impacts others.

One that I dealt with was that canned cat food was constantly getting stocked to the point where it was literally unzonable. Took the team member responsible and showed him how I couldn't even fit my hand above the cans to pull them forward and let him know that whenever something is overstocked, that makes the sales floor harder to zone, look sloppy, and add an extra step to the process as we then take the product off the floor.

Explain. Explain again. Maybe have the ETL explain. Still not getting it? Coach.

This happens at my store because flow is just too lazy to walk to the back stock tub. They'd rather shove an extra 1-5 items in the home or random other location. It affects Instocks, BR, and sales floor, wasting everyones' time constantly correcting it. We are changing our process so we can better identify the offenders and take care of the problem.

Explain. Explain again. Maybe have the ETL explain. Still not getting it? Coach.

This happens at my store because flow is just too lazy to walk to the back stock tub. They'd rather shove an extra 1-5 items in the home or random other location. It affects Instocks, BR, and sales floor, wasting everyones' time constantly correcting it. We are changing our process so we can better identify the offenders and take care of the problem.
Please share what you are doing!!!!

Somebody showed our flow team how to change capacities to cram the shelves. ARRRGGGHHH!!! #LetInstocksFixIt

Now you take their equipment away. That is not proper use of the capacity function. And it does have a report to show who is changing them. Write those idiots up for doing that. Or like my store is now doing. Writing up their TL's, who know exactly what they are doing and just ignoring it.

There isn't anything short of writing them up that will fix the flow team overstocking shelves. We have pulled the overstock and left it for them and they just repush it back out. They don't care as long as they get done..

Now you take their equipment away. That is not proper use of the capacity function. And it does have a report to show who is changing them. Write those idiots up for doing that. Or like my store is now doing. Writing up their TL's, who know exactly what they are doing and just ignoring it.

There isn't anything short of writing them up that will fix the flow team overstocking shelves. We have pulled the overstock and left it for them and they just repush it back out. They don't care as long as they get done..

WUT? where can I find this.

I will conditionally agree with this. However, taking equipment away only makes the situation worse. The solution (at least the one my store implimented) is to bowl, audit, bowl audit. Make them put the back stock on the isle and have specific trusted TM retrieve it. This way if overstocking occurs then, you know who is doing it. Teach first, coach second.

Also make sure that backroom is only pulling what the system tells it to pull. One of our problems is an an long timer who no one seems to want to discipline loves to pull whole cases when it calls for one. So when a half of a pull comes back as back store, she leave the pull tag on it.

I have no idea but its not meant to just shove out product until the shipper collaspes. I know my ETL pulled it.
How else do you kill a shipper? :p
Seriously, though we have the opposite problem. Shippers get backstocked, abandoned or worse converted to raw stock. The ones that POG actually remembers to put out will make one cycle, empty out and then set empty until they are pulled by the sF ETL and then the end cap is filled with a pile of it. So our homes aren't over stuffed because we have random end cap fill issues.:oops:

Also make sure that backroom is only pulling what the system tells it to pull. One of our problems is an an long timer who no one seems to want to discipline loves to pull whole cases when it calls for one. So when a half of a pull comes back as back store, she leave the pull tag on it.

If there isn't enough (or any) openstock to satisfy the sales floor need, the system directs us to pull casepacks. Even if only one unit is needed out of the box, we still have to pull the entire casepack. Unless it's a bulk location, the system will actually ask for the entire casepack regardless of how many eaches are needed on the floor.

Somebody showed our flow team how to change capacities to cram the shelves. ARRRGGGHHH!!! #LetInstocksFixIt
I don't understand why they would change the capacity... That literally will just give them more work later down the road if it isn't fixed. Not to mention just because you changed the capacity doesn't mean it magically gained more space. I really want to know the thought process, or lack thereof behind this.

I don't understand why they would change the capacity... That literally will just give them more work later down the road if it isn't fixed. Not to mention just because you changed the capacity doesn't mean it magically gained more space. I really want to know the thought process, or lack thereof behind this.

No Backstock so I don't have to hear the In-Stock team bitch that they have to pull off all this overstock.. They don't think that doing that will increase the amount of said product they will get that will end up as PTM/Clearance. They don't give two shits since they cram it out and anything surrounding that product is no longer their problem.

I will conditionally agree with this. However, taking equipment away only makes the situation worse. The solution (at least the one my store implimented) is to bowl, audit, bowl audit. Make them put the back stock on the isle and have specific trusted TM retrieve it. This way if overstocking occurs then, you know who is doing it. Teach first, coach second.

If you can't use equipment properly you should not have access to it. Period. The system tells TM's what to pull. so I don't how you are getting this TM is pulling cases cause he/she feels like it. You ever actually pull a batch? It tells you what and where to pull it..

If you can't use equipment properly you should not have access to it. Period. The system tells TM's what to pull. so I don't how you are getting this TM is pulling cases cause he/she feels like it. You ever actually pull a batch? It tells you what and where to pull it..
Just because it tells you how much to pull doesn't mean that you can't pull more.

I was taught you pull the case since case pack locations are for full casepacks not open stock which partial case packs are.
I was also taught to always pull the full case. I was referring to pulling all of stock from a WACO. We (instocks) would ask the backroom to do this for items in MPG aisles and some seasonal aisles to keep the aisle full, but that was in days gone by. Now our team has little to do with keeping those areas full and impactful. Leadership prefers to drop POG fills and leave them under the line until it goes clearance.

I was also taught to always pull the full case. I was referring to pulling all of stock from a WACO. We (instocks) would ask the backroom to do this for items in MPG aisles and some seasonal aisles to keep the aisle full, but that was in days gone by. Now our team has little to do with keeping those areas full and impactful. Leadership prefers to drop POG fills and leave them under the line until it goes clearance.

We don't PTM either.. Oh well, pricing has extra hours now that everything goes clearance..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back