Archived Hardlines on Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owl

I'm a seasonal hire in market that just started a few weeks ago. My shift for today is 1:30-11:45 in hardlines. I'm not really sure what to expect because over in market I just kind of do my own thing and don't worry about the others unless they need me for some reason. The only other time I've worked sales floor was with a trainer who knew she was going to be in softlines that day. So, when I go in, what do I say on the walkie to find out where I'm supposed to go?

What does hardlines even do, pulls and zoning? This is ridiculous. Why would they train me in market for weeks and then put me somewhere else on the busiest day of the year? I know market will be virtually empty all day, but couldn't they have spent more time training me on the sales floor? I don't even really know where anything is outside of market...

Basically I'm just really nervous and I would appreciate any info you can give me about my role in hardlines and what to expect for black friday.

The day/weekend after Thanksgiving is our slowest time of the year in market... which is why they're using you in Hardlines today. You'll more than likely be pushing reshop/pulls and zoning to help the store with recovery. When you clock in, walkie or find the LOD and ask them what their plans are for you... "LOD, this is owl. I'm scheduled under Hardlines today, what would you like me to focus on?" By the afternoon things have calmed down considerably, and it just goes like any normal Friday would. All of the craziness already happened between 8pm last night and 12am this morning. Don't be nervous!

I'm a seasonal hire in market that just started a few weeks ago. My shift for today is 1:30-11:45 in hardlines. I'm not really sure what to expect because over in market I just kind of do my own thing and don't worry about the others unless they need me for some reason. The only other time I've worked sales floor was with a trainer who knew she was going to be in softlines that day. So, when I go in, what do I say on the walkie to find out where I'm supposed to go?

What does hardlines even do, pulls and zoning? This is ridiculous. Why would they train me in market for weeks and then put me somewhere else on the busiest day of the year? I know market will be virtually empty all day, but couldn't they have spent more time training me on the sales floor? I don't even really know where anything is outside of market...

Basically I'm just really nervous and I would appreciate any info you can give me about my role in hardlines and what to expect for black friday.

Just find your TLOD/ LOD. Hardlines is no sweat. Don't be nervous. You'll be doing pulls and returns and if those get in a good spot some zoning. But overall super easy. Don't worry about guests either. You can always ask on the walkie or find other team members if you need help.

How did it go, owl?

During my 4AM hardlines shift, I had to attempt to push the manual CAFs in between spending inordinate amounts of time stuck in electronics helping guests.

How did it go, owl?

During my 4AM hardlines shift, I had to attempt to push the manual CAFs in between spending inordinate amounts of time stuck in electronics helping guests.

It was fine and the shift went by surprisingly quickly. I was way more nervous than I needed to be!

If you know Market, you know Hardlines. There's little difference except the product you're pushing isn't perishable and you don't have to FIFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back