Archived Hardlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullwinkle72

Ermahgerd Terghet
Doing my first shift in Hard lines with no training or warning really just have two shifts this week on it, I’m normall soft lines. I have no idea what to do, go? Who to report for breakout? There really was no warning for having me cross over.

Your Mydevice will be your trusted partner, your 3 tier will be your work horse. Look on here and ask how to read locations for items. It's not that hard once you get your bearings straight, and learn the section your in. Basically you'll be zoning and doing reshop but instead of hanging clothes you'll be putting up boxes and straightening the shelves up.

Yea, it sounds like your store needs more carts.

Aside from having a lot more physical ground to cover, HL is easier than SL, thanks to the presence of item locations. They take a little getting used to, but are pretty slick when you get the hang of them, just ask a TM to go over the basics. It's one of those things that's easier to see in person than in print. Check in with the TL or whoever is in charge in HL for your tasks, but it will generally be the same as softlines--pulls, reshop, zoning.

HL to me is generally more busy than Softlines (ASANTS), but it's also a whole different environment at the same time. The MyDevice is tons helpful whereas in Softlines everything is a lot more visual, especially with the changes they added right before I left Spot (mannequins, VMGs being changed up in some ways, and more.) I recommend asking questions to seasoned TMs in the area, but generally you'll be zoning and recovering when you aren't guest servicing, depending on the time of the shift.

Oh, and myDevices are generally useless for searching for anything where you don't know what it's called, exactly, or have a DPCI. I use the Target app on my phone to search for things guests ask about and use the DPCI from the app to find the location, backstock, counts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back