Archived has anyone else seen the new vibe stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you cant even put your name on the cards anymore.:(

tl's! you may want to read the "deep dive" questions on workbench.

Overall, I'd say the changes will give me more hours in the week to shove mountains of clearance around the store. I'm a fan. 'Amazing' will wear off after a couple of months and everyone will settle in.

my TL kept telling me im doing AMAZING!!!! litteraly like 5 times in a 2 minute conversation, told her to never say that crap again or i would puke

We're not VIBErating at my store let, but I wonder if Quincy Jones knows about this.

Why don't they just develop an app so they can 'send' a GTC/vibe card/name your fav useless feel-good form of expression directly to your cell.
It would be the ultimate "I-really-don't-care-about-you-but-this-is-a-way-for-me-to-look-like-I-do" baseless acknowlegement of your hard work.

Why don't they just develop an app so they can 'send' a GTC/vibe card/name your fav useless feel-good form of expression directly to your cell.
It would be the ultimate "I-really-don't-care-about-you-but-this-is-a-way-for-me-to-look-like-I-do" baseless acknowlegement of your hard work.

you can already do that via email... never tried to send to a cell. it may do that as well.

There's nothing wrong with refocusing on guest service. In fact, that's what many on this very board have been saying for a while now. But now, since they've slashed teams, hours, and anyone in the store with any marbles upstairs they have to "bring it back" since everyone left is setting, pulling, pushing, moving clearance, ticketing, labeling, culling, you name it - because they have condensed the tasks into a situation where everyone has to do everything because no one else is there. I get it, going into 4th quarter you want all your seasonal staff to be SUPER oriented to guest service since hello, that's what they're needed for. The extra staffing giving a little bit of theoretical "help" (since the traffic is higher this is actually moot) to getting tasks done. I just wish they could treat the people who work in the store like adults, and not roll out this 3rd grade way of doing it. Why can't they just be like, "okay, lets - as a company - refocus back on customer service and guest experience. This is why people liked Target before, we want to get back to that.". Simple. Professional. ....and doesn't go back to being condescending and treating current employees like they aren't idiots. But that's too much to ask for. I know. I just am sick of being told to jump through pointless hoops. Refocus on guest service. Okay, not hard, I get it, I can do that no problem. Tell a story about how you showing them where the lightbulbs are will create a magical moment in their life about somehow now with a new bulb shining some new clarity in their life that they will eternally thank Target for? They better start filling the water fountains with kool-aide.

So if we give 6 inches in a day is it called a "David Letterman"?

This whole program is such patronizing crap. The script looks like it's written to read to a 2nd grade class not a bunch of disgruntled adult team members. I pity any store with business college fresh ETLs because the next 2 months is gonna be nothing but regurgitated "Amazing" company lines. You thought speed is life and fast fun friendly were annoying? We just kicked it into overdrive.

So I read through the vibe crap...

You know what would be AMAZING Target?? AMAZING would be allowing me to punch in an hour early because you cut my hours and with routine I came in my normal time. AMAZING would be letting me stay later because you cut my hours at the end of my shifts too. Because you cut everyone's else hours in my department the order is not close to done when it is usually done by 11am. Is not having food on the floor AMAZING to you Tina? Gregg? You are idiots. Go suck a bag of dicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzbURUrgQao

Caution to those with sensitive ears.

I like the shift towards more genuinely positive customer service. I've worked a lot in commission sales and this was how the best places trained us. I think the GTC needed a change, hopefully we can balance out the hype and make it work for us...better guest experience, more sales, more payroll. Now I just have to work on being faster at the same time ;)

i'm honestly loving this at our store. They are treating us like idiots and aren't saying "amazing" over and over and are just setting higher expectations focused on guest service. They started at the top and now whenever we are repeatedly calling for backups on the lanes ALL etl's working have to go out and either cashier or work on the floor while we have more people at the lanes. I LOVE that!

And here I got lectured by another cashier tonight for asking her to help me when my line got backed up. And the LOD walked by the problem later when I got tired of getting *****ed at and just let the line back up into accessories. So no change on that.

The only thing I've heard about any of this at my store is that the TLs and LODs will be overriding what we tell customers to make them happy as long as it doesn't seem like they are trying to scam us.

I feel like my tls have no idea what they are saying. They told us if someone spills or drops their drinks to offer to get them another... Like, they spill their Starbucks for us to ask what it was, walk up front, get another drink for them. Like, what?

On another note, our tl tonight asked when we have had moments that we were giving AMAZING service, I listed off a few things I've done that I have gotten fussed at for since I wasn't being focused on my zone. All of which this tl was thrilled to hear i was doing... Just last week I was even told I put too much focus in giving great guest service...

And here I got lectured by another cashier tonight for asking her to help me when my line got backed up. And the LOD walked by the problem later when I got tired of getting *****ed at and just let the line back up into accessories. So no change on that.

The only thing I've heard about any of this at my store is that the TLs and LODs will be overriding what we tell customers to make them happy as long as it doesn't seem like they are trying to scam us.

my ETL told me next week they are rolling out the videos and we are having cashier huddles all week and it's so that the cashiers feel empowered to make those decisions themselves. It's not for us to "override" and make the tm's look back of if they ask for a manger they'll get what they want. It's to provide exceptional guest service and to speed up the process. No more calling for price checks (we don't really do that anyways unless it's big) and just trying to say yes more without getting "permission". I really like it so far!

I can't wait. On my next close night I am going to choose to vibe, not zone or reshop, but vibe with the guests all night and have an amazing time.

In the middle of this confusion, I am learning guest service. It would have been easier to not try to learn the two new things at once!

What does the TL deep dive say?

Deep dive questions - etl can choose one to 2 deep dive questions to discuss with tl before the walk.
1. Talent – know your tm’s. Openings & cross trainable? Know team commitments? Store focuses? GS?
2. Partnerships – working with instocks, pricing, plano & a/p, communication between all groups?
3. Brand – dtk metrics, food freshness standards,following key best practice for your area?
4. Merchandising – sales planners, ptms, discuss proftitabitiy – are you using the instock troubling guide to solve instock issues?
5. Ad execution – ad setup, audit, & takedown – following best practice, train correctly
6. Service & safety – safety throughout store. Know the scores
7. Specialty – bikes, electronics, etc – following best practice, product knowledge, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back