Archived Has anyone ever gotten a negative customer satisfaction survey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat at heart

I'm part cat =^.^=
I don't really want to go into detail about it... but does anyone know... I was just wondering if any of you know if it's possible to get fired over a negative customer survey, and how it would affect my store location?

Did you come out of it okay? Did it hurt your job or store in anyway?

Oh I’ve gotten a bunch. Basically a “don’t do it again” talk. I’ve never felt like I could be fired over it.

If someone is looking to performance you out, then you could very likely get a CA out of it, and with enough of those, that can eventually lead to termination.

Otherwise, unless this is a pattern for you or it was something blatantly bad, probably nothing more than a coaching.

Yes. Especially when it is caught on camera or witnessed.

In my younger days, I submitted customer surveys in attempt to bring attention to a TM serving out of date/range food at FA on multiple occasions or wouldn't clean the equipment/eating area properly. Leaving flies on the hot dog rollers. Whole box of warm cookie dough left out in view of guests.
They were coached.

Nobody has complained in writing, but twice they ran to guest service to complain. Luckily, I had involved GSTL in decision to say no to price change.

Thieves know to pretend signs are wrong and make a fuss.

My managers know I am the biggest yes person they've got, so when I do say no, they don't question. That's not to say the guest didn't get their way. Lol

Once a kid with autism punched me. I said quietly to mom, "Let's get u checked out so u can take him out. " She blathered about how he was disabled. I admit, I got annoyed. I replied, "I see that, but it's still not ok to assault people."
Wrong words there. I'm sure she got nervous, so she made a stink. I had watched her provoke the kid. She let him pick out toys, then denied him and had me set them aside. He, of course, took his frustration out on me.

Anyhow, I am known for good service, so management just listened to her, pretended to agree, and later ask me if I was ok.

7 months later, she did exactly the same with another cashier!
I recognized story immediately.

Sometimes, I do think cashiers get officious with guests. Don't. Target's a great store because we sincerely want you make it right. But like any job, your style is known by others. They know who is snippy.

Last edited:
Had a "guest" use my name and very specific details about their poor service, it was as everyone already knew a former team member trying to get me in "trouble" had already given LOD the low down on what happened with shady b*!

If my store, you can act like a complete bitch and call guests names, no repercussions.

I’ve gotten so many threats of complaints, but I have never gotten so much as a talking to, so who knows if the guest ever went through with it. When guests complain to my GSTLs in person, they just come over and laugh with me about it. I’m pretty soft spoken, calm, and i over apologize, so people who know me don’t believe the guests even if i did get frustrated and a little sassy.

Just had a very angry guest threaten me personally along with threatening to call corporate on me, so I guess we will see if anything actually comes from this!

Last edited:
Complaints happen all the time, back when the survey was tied to a specific cashier it used to cause some red flags but no they don't lead directly to terminations. Usually a seek to understand/conversation with you but every leader has had some unreasonable person complain about them too so we know how it feels.

Once a kid with autism punched me. I said quietly to mom, "Let's get u checked out so u can take him out. " She blathered about how he was disabled. I admit, I got annoyed. I replied, "I see that, but it's still not ok to assault people."
Wrong words there. I'm sure she got nervous, so she made a stink. I had watched her provoke the kid. She let him pick out toys, then denied him and had me set them aside. He, of course, took his frustration out on me.

As the parent of a kid with autism, whose behavioral issues tend toward aggression, this pisses me right the fuck off. Provoking any kid like that, let alone a kid with autism is rage-inducing. You're not proving a point. You're not teaching the kid a lesson. All you're doing is fucking with your kid (and those around him) in ways that are actively counterproductive for his development.

I'd have gotten myself fired with some choice words for her and threats to call CPS on her actively harmful ass.

If someone is looking to performance you out, then you could very likely get a CA out of it, and with enough of those, that can eventually lead to termination.

Otherwise, unless this is a pattern for you or it was something blatantly bad, probably nothing more than a coaching.

I've gotten a crummy survey before, I'm sure, but I've only been talked to once and we discussed how I could resolve the issue so it didn't happen again......that being said......as many of you already know, I was terminated by something a guest overheard in a private conversation....so, who's to say who is safe.

My store has a GSTL who has been complained about on surveys, by guests calling the store, guest calling guest relations....and she's still here.....go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back