Archived Has anyone met the CEO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know... I got asked to work more hours this week. It's gonna be a long week.

We had someone from corporate in with their jet...not sure if it was Gregg himself. But we did have other stores in the district send over people to help us out ahead of time.

Jet visits... do a forum search about it.

He visited our store a few years ago. I wasn't there but I remember they brought in a lot of people, even team members from other stores, to make our store look as brand as possible.

That is what is happening in our store. And everyones hours are maxed out.

I'd like to see him on Undercover Boss and see him pushing carts no wait that too was a dream:lazy:

I really want this guy to do an under cover boss...

Never gonna happen. Any company CEO that absolutely knows they treat their workers like **** and pay terrible wages won't go on this show because it would simply highlight working conditions that the average public doesn't know about.

It absolutely astounds me when I compare Target to Walmart in terms of employee compensation and the overall experience only to have people reply with "oh, I always thought Target treated their people so well." Granted, Target is still marginally better than Walmart but every year they get closer and closer to the floor that Walmart has set.

I know the last nagging question is "well, how does Gregg know employees are unhappy without talking to them?" Easy, retention numbers. As a company they report their overall retention which includes corporate positions (and thus positions people rarely leave) to wash out the incredibly low retention numbers in stores. Its a metric that's measured at each store individually and thus presumably a metric which can be measured overall among stores.

He was in my old store on our VIG night in 2008. Pretty sure I said CIHYFS to him.

Never gonna happen. Any company CEO that absolutely knows they treat their workers like **** and pay terrible wages won't go on this show because it would simply highlight working conditions that the average public doesn't know about.

It absolutely astounds me when I compare Target to Walmart in terms of employee compensation and the overall experience only to have people reply with "oh, I always thought Target treated their people so well." Granted, Target is still marginally better than Walmart but every year they get closer and closer to the floor that Walmart has set.

I know the last nagging question is "well, how does Gregg know employees are unhappy without talking to them?" Easy, retention numbers. As a company they report their overall retention which includes corporate positions (and thus positions people rarely leave) to wash out the incredibly low retention numbers in stores. Its a metric that's measured at each store individually and thus presumably a metric which can be measured overall among stores.

The one thing that will continue to separate Target and Walmart is Target management requires their employees to actually service guests, and Walmart does not. Walmart cares about one thing, money. My roommate works for Walmart and when we talk the differences between the companies is apparent when he tells me what happens behind the scene. While you might ***** about Target, Walmart is far much worse than you might think.

The one thing that will continue to separate Target and Walmart is Target management requires their employees to actually service guests, and Walmart does not. Walmart cares about one thing, money. My roommate works for Walmart and when we talk the differences between the companies is apparent when he tells me what happens behind the scene. While you might ***** about Target, Walmart is far much worse than you might think.

I'm not saying Walmart is some candyland fairy tale. In fact, in my post I outright state that Walmart is the floor. The whole point of my post is that Target is making great strides in working their way toward Walmart. Ask yourself, how long before Target starts putting priority on payroll and expenses over guest service. It won't be an overnight thing where guest service is all but abandoned but as they continue to cut hours and positions, it's the inevitable outcome. You seem to think think Target thinks about something other than money, but they don't. They really don't. Cutting expenses is the bottom line for this company.

Prioritizing guest service is important to Target because they know it is the one way to distinguish themselves from Walmart. That having been said, they'll try to keep that distinction at the lowest possible cost. Minimize cost, maximize benefit, that's the big business way. Walmart knows they don't need to provide guest service to keep their sales where they're at so they have no interest in providing guest service. The simple fact is that people endlessly complain about Walmart having terrible service and terrible looking stores but they keep on selling stuff so they just don't care. If Target were in the same position as Walmart they would largely do the same thing. There's no fundamental differences in Target and Walmart's leadership focuses, only slight variations based on their market position.

Well so far he has visited 3 other stores... but not ours. I think one ETL's may cry if he doesn't visit. They were convinced we were gonna get a visit because we are closest to where he is staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back