Archived Have your hours increased or decreased in the past month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to get a bump up in hours when school was out; not this year.
In certain work centers like hardlines hours are going up because a bunch of people are going on educational LOAS or the minors are getting their hours cut.

As Signing TM you get 28 hours guaranteed. My store has a small plano team considering our Volume, so my extra hours are usually Plano. I have had only one week where I was actually scheduled like 32, but ended up being called in to help backstock the truck, which ended up being an entire 3 tier cart full of mixed up cosmetics, which took me half my damn day to do accurately (was given it after a 4x4).

Now when I am scheduled less than usual I will just see it was a break.

Now when I am scheduled less than usual I will just see it was a break.
I do the same. With my other job, scheduling is incredibly flexible so I was able to travel, unplanned, out-of-state the other week to visit family as a surprise. I worked Sunday of that week and no other shifts at Target, so I took advantage of it.

Started off with 38 this week, but had 2 shifts cut, so now I'm at 22. They're pretty much cutting a softlines person every night, some nights cutting a hardlines person, closing food ave around 3, and closing guest service at 8 to have that person cashier because they cut their closing cashier.

"SoftlinesSleuth, post: 305627, member: 16863"]Started off with 38 this week, but had 2 shifts cut, so now I'm at 22. They're pretty much cutting a softlines person every night, some nights cutting a hardlines person, closing food ave around 3, and closing guest service at 8 to have that person cashier because they cut their closing cashier.
So basically, no staff

Hours are continuing to plummet at my store. SFS lost 60 hours between next week's schedule and the two week's out schedule. Absolutely ridiculous during BTS season.

Cut to 30 a week. Backroom is 4-10:30 and is suffering tremendously. Let's see if it picks up or I'll just take 3 day weekends until next year.

Been at 36 to 40 hrs the past few weeks as Plano, but only me and our TL.

Other POG TMs were helping with Pricing, Cashiering, or being scheduled as Instocks - Salesfloor and just working EXFs and CAFs.

Been working 35-38 hours a week for the past several months. Just got the schedule for after Labor Day and the hours in the store have been cut. We used to be a 10pm closing store on Sunday's until the changed the time to 11pm for summer. Does anyone know if this will change back to 10pm?

Been working 35-38 hours a week for the past several months. Just got the schedule for after Labor Day and the hours in the store have been cut. We used to be a 10pm closing store on Sunday's until the changed the time to 11pm for summer. Does anyone know if this will change back to 10pm?
I hope so:) 5 guests after 10:00 pm, does not cover payroll.

Well today there was this MASIVE hour cutting at my store. I'm a Flow TM and most people had to leave after working only 3 hours, at least the let me stay longer , 2 more hours.

Even a store in the same district can have different hours from a nearby store but Target has extended hours in November and December so don't get too comfortable with your 10pm close.

My store has not been approved for overtime unfortunately. It seems to be didferent each week. One week will be 21 hours, then it will jump to 37 then down to 25.

Went from 24hrs a week as an average and just this week I've sky rocketed to full time.

Don't mind the hours that much, the only thing I don't like is that I'm a full time cashier now lol... Maybe my first 8 hour I spent 6 of those hours doing self checkout+zoning and pulling a bunch of school supplies, but today was purely cashier and self checkout and it was the longest day ever. Can't wait for my 90 days on Sept 1st to hopefully graduate or cross train in Sales. I really enjoy Sales much more and find more personal satisfaction in it.

Went from 24hrs a week as an average and just this week I've sky rocketed to full time.

Don't mind the hours that much, the only thing I don't like is that I'm a full time cashier now lol... Maybe my first 8 hour I spent 6 of those hours doing self checkout+zoning and pulling a bunch of school supplies, but today was purely cashier and self checkout and it was the longest day ever. Can't wait for my 90 days on Sept 1st to hopefully graduate or cross train in Sales. I really enjoy Sales much more and find more personal satisfaction in it.

Less robotic

After the super freaky BTC peak this past week, I'm back down to single digits.

Our hours at the dc have remained the same with a minor increase in flexing , but fear not fall season is just around the corner

My hours have decreased! Since beginning of this year on pog, I used up all my vacation hours to have a decent check. Come the fourth quarter These coming week we all decided on pog to leave without notice. We have 59+ yrs of experience in pog. The ETL can go set all the pogs now lol, no longer fast fun and friendly place to work. We got other places lined up. To give you guys and idea we get about 16hrs now, I have seen my avg hrs drop from 38 to 35 to this . Sorry but I can't live off that.

My hours have decreased! Since beginning of this year on pog, I used up all my vacation hours to have a decent check. Come the fourth quarter These coming week we all decided on pog to leave without notice. We have 59+ yrs of experience in pog. The ETL can go set all the pogs now lol, no longer fast fun and friendly place to work. We got other places lined up. To give you guys and idea we get about 16hrs now, I have seen my avg hrs drop from 38 to 35 to this . Sorry but I can't live off that.
You copy cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back