Archived Heat Exhaustion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any "no water on hand" rule is something I will never enforce and gleefully break. I've had an ETL try to push that crap on us in the backroom one time. He changed his tune after he had to help us with CAFs when we had a couple of call ins.
Our srtl/log lets us keep a bottle of water with us in the back. He has told us though that if Steri-tech comes they have to go. He also let it be known that if he ever found any empty water bottles laying around we would be be allowed to have it back there .

My store doesn't seem to be too harsh about having water at the registers. They just don't give you enough time on your 15 or meal break to actually cool down so you're constantly overheating throughout the day. Maybe if Spot didn't require (at least at my store) us to wear long pants in all temps we'd have a better chance at not dying. omg

Our store is hot as well. You know it is hot when you walk in the store and it is warmer inside than the 72+ outside. I am considering bringing in a thermometer with me just to see how hot it is at the check stands. My store is pretty cool about having water at the check stand.

At my store you cannot have water or drinks on the sales floor unless it's overnight team or the cart attendant. The weird thing I go to grocery stores etc and see people carrying water bottles all the time or cashiers having waters on hand at the registers but at our store it's a no no unless of course as I said you are cart attendant or overnight. I suppose they'd rather see you pass out on the register.. I mean it really gets hot at the register you can't exactly flip off your light when you have a mile long line for a drink.. It would be nice if cashiers could have bottles of waters by the registers especially during the summer months.

Can't say how many ice waters I've fixed for cashiers at my store & they know how to hide 'em, too.

Anyone know whether employees can get free water from the Cafe when they are working?

I've heard we aren't allowed to have water at the lanes, but I think legally you can as long as it's closed like a water bottle.

Really? I've had Gatorade, water, lemonade, etc. Though I know one of my GSAs doesn't care.

We also all have fans plugged in at out check lanes year round, so we get a breeze.

There's a rumor going around where we're at that our heat is on and that corporate controls the AC/heat on a district wide level. Anyone know if that's true?

Really? I've had Gatorade, water, lemonade, etc. Though I know one of my GSAs doesn't care.

We also all have fans plugged in at out check lanes year round, so we get a breeze.

There's a rumor going around where we're at that our heat is on and that corporate controls the AC/heat on a district wide level. Anyone know if that's true?

yep store level doesn't have control of the HVAC system. I think they have an override of some things but not really any control to turn it on when its 90 degrees inside.. Cause our store is a oven as well..

This is why backroom rules. We drink whatever the fuck we want when we want

Yeah just don't leave grocery store water bottles in the wacos. We had one girl cca'd cause she wrote her name on the water bottle and left it in a cosmetics Waco and steritech found it. Yeah fail..

Our back room is at least 15 degrees warmer than the sales floor. I'm keeping water back there with me, and I dare anyone to say a damn thing about it. Overnight leaves empty "defected" red bull cans all over the place and nobody says a word about it. I can have a water bottle.

yep store level doesn't have control of the HVAC system. I think they have an override of some things but not really any control to turn it on when its 90 degrees inside.. Cause our store is a oven as well..

So they don't want to turn the AC on but don't want me to stash a bottle of Gatorade at the boat for an 8 hour shift of being on my feet and moving around?

Yeah, no. Especially not since my job right now is to keep an eye on the hole in the floor while we're renovating since "safety is the highest priority." Wouldn't want me to pass out from the heat, fall into the hole and sue, would you Spot?

Gatorade, no. Sugary drinks are a lot more difficult to clean up when spilled and will also attract ants. Water is the only drink I allow in work areas.

Getting ready to go to work and we will see how hot the store is. It is right now 95 with a heat index of 110. And i am in the midatlantic. I know i am going to be sweating after about an hour with doing the push as i get to work.

We've had 90s all week in my neck of the woods. The other day, my glasses steamed up walking out of the ambient room. Not even a cooler or freezer, but the fucking ambient room. The "room temperature" room.

This is the time of year when I actually look forward to backstocking the freezer.

Any "no water on hand" rule is something I will never enforce and gleefully break. I've had an ETL try to push that crap on us in the backroom one time. He changed his tune after he had to help us with CAFs when we had a couple of call ins.
If that ETL started drinking water on the job... id be saying "hypocrite!"

Everywhere I've worked that has had a "no drinks except water" rule never actually enforces it. Including my current job. It's a stupid rule.

Everywhere I've worked that has had a "no drinks except water" rule never actually enforces it. Including my current job. It's a stupid rule.
Macy's is super strict. As vendors they gave me the evil eye for an empty gatorade bottle in my bag...

Macy's is super strict. As vendors they gave me the evil eye for an empty gatorade bottle in my bag...

Wow. I really don't get the reasoning. Usually management claims it's about preventing spills or w/e but personally I think the rule is just about controlling people. Target wants to allow guests to drink beer while they shop but TMs can't even have a Gatorade on a hot day? Give me a break.

I think I'm just peeved because under these lame ass rules, I can't even bring my coffee to work for an early morning shift. You can't expect me to function properly anytime before 10am without my coffee. And do you think the ETLs who have to be at work earlier than 4am aren't bringing coffee too? It's all bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back