Archived Heat Exhaustion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I really don't get the reasoning. Usually management claims it's about preventing spills or w/e but personally I think the rule is just about controlling people. Target wants to allow guests to drink beer while they shop but TMs can't even have a Gatorade on a hot day? Give me a break.

I think I'm just peeved because under these lame ass rules, I can't even bring my coffee to work for an early morning shift. You can't expect me to function properly anytime before 10am without my coffee. And do you think the ETLs who have to be at work earlier than 4am aren't bringing coffee too? It's all bullshit.
They have to have clear personal bags or get them checked as well...not that they checked our cart of junk, lol. Could just be that location as it's pretty city so high theft.

Our back room is at least 15 degrees warmer than the sales floor. I'm keeping water back there with me, and I dare anyone to say a damn thing about it. Overnight leaves empty "defected" red bull cans all over the place and nobody says a word about it. I can have a water bottle.

I'm right there with you. The sales floor is perfectly air conditioned, but the backroom has literally no AC at my store. After 15 minutes of pulling CAFs I'm drenched in sweat. No fans provided, and obviously there isn't a water fountain in the backroom. So I will be damned if they say I can't have my close-topped water bottle with me back there. Overnight leaves tons of open cans, bottles, and cups filled with god knows what in the backroom. If I don't have a water bottle, I'll be dehydrated within two hours. I will not work in the backroom in 90+ degree heat without water because you're too cheap to turn on the AC.

I'm right there with you. The sales floor is perfectly air conditioned, but the backroom has literally no AC at my store. After 15 minutes of pulling CAFs I'm drenched in sweat. No fans provided, and obviously there isn't a water fountain in the backroom. So I will be damned if they say I can't have my close-topped water bottle with me back there. Overnight leaves tons of open cans, bottles, and cups filled with god knows what in the backroom. If I don't have a water bottle, I'll be dehydrated within two hours. I will not work in the backroom in 90+ degree heat without water because you're too cheap to turn on the AC.

See, at my store, back room gets several industrial fans but inside the actual store it is stiff, humid, and blegh

Our BR is the coolest part of the store. I assume it's because the HVAC system is working better... we're an old store.

They have to have clear personal bags or get them checked as well...not that they checked our cart of junk, lol. Could just be that location as it's pretty city so high theft.

The clear bag thing is a rule at all Macy's and Bloomingdales, buuuut, I broke that rule. And we used to hide water in drawers behind the register. We definitely weren't supposed to. Did it anyway.

I started the beverage trend at my target store, though lol. When I started I was bringing water because my anxiety med dehydrates as a side effect. I didn't brig a note, but I knew my doctor would give me one if they'd ever asked me for one. Every tm would ask me if TLs knew about my water bottle and I'd be like "idk... I need water, so I'm not gonna not bring it......." And slowly other people started bringing water. Sometimes people have other stuff, but I think water is safest because you don't have to worry about staining and it's easy to clean and all that jazz

As a cashier, I didn't keep water on my lane. However, I would have no problem turning off my light, getting a water cup from FA, and getting myself some water real quick. Obviously, I'd only pull this when it had slowed down and I had a minute. Dammit! I need fucking water! Especially with all this jibber-jabber about red cards.

Now at the Service Desk, I bring water with me no problem. It's easier to hide. But, I just leave it somewhere to the side, no one questions me about it, so yay.

I always knew when corp or Steritech walked thru because everyone would be coming up to replace their water cups they had to toss.

My store is so hot. It's not out of the ordinary to see team members walking around, shirts drenched in sweat. I've stopped wearing makeup and doing my hair because there's no point. I roll my khakis as high up my ankles as I can just for a breeze on my legs.

I have a tiny fan at the electronics boat and whenever I get to hot I'll take a second and stand in front of it. I'd kill to be allowed to keep a bottle of water at the boat. Guest come back to me all the time to complain about how hot it is and tell me to ask my boss to turn up the ac and I just laugh...

My store has the big industrial fans for the back room as well, but people who don't have to work back there all day continue to unplug them/move them elsewhere.

We have a huge industrial fan in the backroom, but it's almost as loud as the hand dryers in the public restrooms. And all it does is blow around all the hot air.

My TL lets us have bottles in the backroom as long as we're careful, but I just use the water fountain because I walk past it numerous times anyways and it's consistently cold.

I always knew when corp or Steritech walked thru because everyone would be coming up to replace their water cups they had to toss.
I'm new so what exactly is Steritech? And how will I know if they are around the store so i don't get caught with my starbucks cup full of water lol

I'm new so what exactly is Steritech? And how will I know if they are around the store so i don't get caught with my starbucks cup full of water lol
Food safety inspection company. It's a formal inspection. You will likely get called or quietly asked to check/ dump drinks once they come.

Wow. We drink everything in back, Koolaid , energy drinks, soda, water, Gatorade and no one says a thing.

Wow. We drink everything in back, Koolaid , energy drinks, soda, water, Gatorade and no one says a thing.

No one will until you fail a few Steritech visits from random drinks left in wacos. When your STL has to walk the visit because of that foolishness you bet your ass drinks will be banned in short order.

We had the bigs fans in our backroom but they got taken away. Not sure as to why. I do know that they were both a blessing and a curse. When you walked by them it was like being in a Hurricane and you couldn't hear anyone on the walkie..Hell you couldn't even hear someone who was 10 feet away. When we had them, we had a young lady who worked in the backroom. She thought she was Gods gift to us men. She always went in with perfect makeup and hair. ( She started during fourth quarter) She came in one day and we were putting the fans in the backroom she asked what are they for I said for back here. She gave us an odd look and went to pulling her cafs. We plugged it in ...about 10 minutes later she starts cussing . I stepped out of the aisle to see what the issue was....her perfectly styled hair was a hot mess. She was pissed. For some reason after that she asked to go to the salesfloor....

If anyone's back room is hot I suggest getting a large cup full it with hot water and put it under the hvac sensor. Within 6 mins the unit will kick on to cooling and last for about an hour and half

Where are those located and what do they look like?
Kartman they are all over the store usually mounted to a colum or wall they will either be grey or white And will say rtu and then a number. Easy way to find them it look at the ceiling and find the vent Then look. Few feet in either direction and you will spot it

How hot does the water need to be? I did not ask that and I was never here.
Just use the water from a hand wash sink or sink in ambient room. Now on really hot hot days I have my Starbucks girls fill a craf up with hot water from the coffee machine. Basically you want the water to be hot enough to tell the sensor that the air temp is above 74. Why 74? Spot has all hvac systems set that cooling come on at 74 and shuts off once the air temp by that sensor reads 72. The trick that I've mentioned makes the sensor read the water temp not air temp hence cooling stays on longer.

We had the bigs fans in our backroom but they got taken away. Not sure as to why. I do know that they were both a blessing and a curse. When you walked by them it was like being in a Hurricane and you couldn't hear anyone on the walkie..Hell you couldn't even hear someone who was 10 feet away. When we had them, we had a young lady who worked in the backroom. She thought she was Gods gift to us men. She always went in with perfect makeup and hair. ( She started during fourth quarter) She came in one day and we were putting the fans in the backroom she asked what are they for I said for back here. She gave us an odd look and went to pulling her cafs. We plugged it in ...about 10 minutes later she starts cussing . I stepped out of the aisle to see what the issue was....her perfectly styled hair was a hot mess. She was pissed. For some reason after that she asked to go to the salesfloor....

lol!

This reminds me of standing in the fan trying to build the BTS bins this year (for the first time)....

Still got them built fast enough to tap my foot looking at the Plano Team.

My store is so hot. It's not out of the ordinary to see team members walking around, shirts drenched in sweat. I've stopped wearing makeup and doing my hair because there's no point. I roll my khakis as high up my ankles as I can just for a breeze on my legs.

I have a tiny fan at the electronics boat and whenever I get to hot I'll take a second and stand in front of it. I'd kill to be allowed to keep a bottle of water at the boat. Guest come back to me all the time to complain about how hot it is and tell me to ask my boss to turn up the ac and I just laugh...
Stay away from the Tv's, the heat level is now higher than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back