Archived Help Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't they re-route their phone calls back through the US. I get Target India, when they have to call back on something. You Cannot understand them. I lose more time, I cannot hear them, since I am in the backroom, then you cannot understand them. I have asked for English speaking people, of which there are none, i apologize and say i cannot understand them, but they don't listen. I am the chosen one who usually makes all the Help desk phone calls. or at least 95% of them. I would hate to see the record of the number of times I have called them in my 10 years there.

I've had really good luck with Target India so far. Very helpful people :)

They DO speak english FYI, just with an accent... I've never had a problem understanding them, other than maybe having them repeat a phrase now and then.

I haven't had too much of an issue with them, however, I just try to solve issues on my own. I have learned over the time I have dealt with those things, Tech Support will 90 % of the time tell me to do things I have already done. I just skip calling and send it in.

if you call and you know more then they do, hang up and call back to spin again. . .

Ok, so had a ************ty run in with help desk this time round....

Guest (who also happens to be an O/N TM) is returning a Jacket that costs $49.99... She tendered $60 or 70 in cash according to the receipt, as well as a gift card + EBT card... The system tells me to give her part cash + part gift card, even though the item is less than the amount she paid in cash... The guest INSISTS she wants cash back, so I figure what the heck, give helpdesk a call, they should be able to just override it to all cash.

Nope. They wouldn't do it. Apparently the register gets to play God in determining what type of payment should be refunded, and if the guest has a problem with it, they can kiss our ass ...

Kind of stupid if you ask me.

Had to call twice too, first time I called, I got immediately hung up on right away...

Also been having a problem since the Receipt Lookup had been down... Some returns the register has been refunding money to other people's credit cards... Been having to do a lot of post voids on this, but luckily all the guests so far have been okay with receiving a gift card.... Wonder what help desk geniuses would have to say here... "Working as intended" obviously -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
Also been having a problem since the Receipt Lookup had been down... Some returns the register has been refunding money to other people's credit cards... Been having to do a lot of post voids on this, but luckily all the guests so far have been okay with receiving a gift card.... Wonder what help desk geniuses would have to say here... "Working as intended" obviously -_-

^This is what I was running into after the systems failure last week! And, no, most of our guests were NOT happy with a gift card.

I'm confused by this post? are we talking the help desk, as in who you call if you have equipment issues. I.E. a register that wont reboot or are we talking refund authorization and guest relations numbers? If you call the help desk for equipment you will get someone in Minnesota @ Corporate 99.9% of the time. But if were talking Refund Authorization and Guest Relations.... Lets not even talk about them..... Heres a tip though..... Keep asking for a supervisor, you will get transferred back to the states..... Guaranteed

I'm confused by this post? are we talking the help desk, as in who you call if you have equipment issues. I.E. a register that wont reboot or are we talking refund authorization and guest relations numbers? If you call the help desk for equipment you will get someone in Minnesota @ Corporate 99.9% of the time. But if were talking Refund Authorization and Guest Relations.... Lets not even talk about them..... Heres a tip though..... Keep asking for a supervisor, you will get transferred back to the states..... Guaranteed

Yeah I was talking to refund auth.... They suck...

Didn't know you could ask for their supervisor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back