Archived Help me with my mouthwash

Status
Not open for further replies.

glo

In my toothpaste aisle, the planogram is set so that the shelves of toothpaste are downswept. There's also mouthwash mixed in among the toothpaste and it doesn't play well with the downswept shelving. Because the bottles are bottles and not rectangles, they fall forward and end up looking terrible. I've been trying to think of a good solution for this for a while but can't come up with anything. Anyone have anything they've seen or done at their own stores?

I can take a picture of what I'm talking about tomorrow if my explaination wasn't that great.

I don't think there's an easy solution for you other than to set the aisle without downsweeping the shelves. I have honestly never seen a store do that. If your store insists on downsweeping maybe you could try using the sticky dividers or some kind of pusher for the mouthwash.

I don't think there's an easy solution for you other than to set the aisle without downsweeping the shelves. I have honestly never seen a store do that. If your store insists on downsweeping maybe you could try using the sticky dividers or some kind of pusher for the mouthwash.

I've never seen that before either. Does the planogram actually call for it now? If it weren't for the mouthwashes, it would be a great idea because zoning the toothpaste is a pain in the ass (not to mention a huge timesink).

I've never seen that before either. Does the planogram actually call for it now? If it weren't for the mouthwashes, it would be a great idea because zoning the toothpaste is a pain in the ass (not to mention a huge timesink).
I believe so. I really don't want to sink as much time as I think it would take to get all of those shelves flat, but I also don't like the way it looks.
It does help zone though. When shoppers aren't animals and grab only what they need, the toothpaste slides forward neatly.

With downswept shelves though, you can't stack the toothpaste as high. Since I started, the toothpaste aisle has always needed to be a solid wall.
except for 4x4 where my etl and srtl for the dept only pulled one box forward per facing....

But yeah, really no ideas here, its always been flat shelves on the POG. Laid down on the shelf with metal fencing or tall dividers might keep it in place, but it will impact the capacity like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back