Archived Help please! I’ve been asked for a list of BF wins/opps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was stuck in electronics at the Apple cage all night and I’m supposed to write about what sold great and what just tanked for BF. Can anyone share anything they saw go really well or really horribly with guests?
From the little bit of time I was away from the boat, it looked like TV shop in Market was an awful idea. Thank you in advance for any help. I’m exhausted (12 days worked in a row!) and I need to get this list done by tomorrow am before my shift :(

Tell 'em to stuff it and if they want a report done, you're gonna do it on the clock. How are you supposed to know without the resources in the store to provide numbers? And you can only use those resources while clocked in, and regardless of anything doing paperwork should be done on the clock.

In general, people wanted the 32gb ipads that were $250, the studio wireless and urbeats, the sports games, home minis/echo dots.

I was surprised how many kindle fires we had left

Shippers for bedding and towels were not big enough to hold any product

The plan for target tech was awful
I ran electronics on Thursday. Hadn’t heard anything about it before that night. No one understood the whole app thing and even less people followed it. Even the people that did do the app opted to just wait in line.

Tell 'em to stuff it and if they want a report done, you're gonna do it on the clock. How are you supposed to know without the resources in the store to provide numbers? And you can only use those resources while clocked in, and regardless of anything doing paperwork should be done on the clock.
Correct. If they want a report on work, it is done at work on the clock. Or, submit a punch correction for the time you do work at home. I received a work-related phone call on my day off this past week. That 7-minute call for what they thought was a problem cost them 15-minutes of payroll. Whoever asked you for the report should have known better.

Now to the point of your question, in addition to all of the above, I think releasing the BF add early AND having 15%-off all TVs the Sunday before BF was a mistake. I think people compared the offerings and figured for a little more they could get a better TV on Sunday than BF.

Agreed about the TV shop in Market. Guests chuckled about that.

ours was completely wiped out in under 2 hours

The main issue I saw was that the aisle was too fuckin narrow. They should've killed off the nearby Sterilite shelving for extra space

#1 issue at my store was freaking mobile again. They are awful, I wish they were out of the store.

Recovery mode now. Get all electronics from outside areas, like cd’s, DVD players, movies & tv’s back to electronics. Get electronics zone done. Don’t forget to help guests!

#1 issue at my store was freaking mobile again. They are awful, I wish they were out of the store.

Yep even yesterday mobile was a cluster one dude on hand and the phone ringing off the hook for the I think it was the iPhone release or orders coming in.. Dude was non-stop doing activations and could/would not answer the phone..

TV shop was a joke way to small and at my store like a lot of other things they didn't even bring out all the TV's so in the madness we had to bring out two big pallets of them across the store.. Yeah that was fun..

My Store:
Wins: People generally tried to help guests and sales were decent
Ops: prep work was a joke, planning was a joke which led to last minute scrambling and all out missing of doorbuster deals on the floor at open. - in turn pissed off guests. Again planning scheduling was a joke.. people not scheduled breaks, lunches others scheduled breaks and lunches together leaving places unstaffed. People who have talents wasted in other areas when their skills could have made things work better.. Training, training and training people utterly unprepared to actually do the job.

Is anyone elses backroom clogged up? Like no room to move, before and now after BF? I mean the store backroom. Like where the backstock is kept, that backroom.

Is anyone elses backroom clogged up? Like no room to move, before and now after BF? I mean the store backroom. Like where the backstock is kept, that backroom.
Just my toys stockroom atm. The overflow is in the electronics and main stockroom. We have a double truck tonight, so tomorrow will be hell.

Its clogged but way better than last year when we got triple freight and no risers or containers. You can move stuff around to get where you need to go.. Our backroom is tiny for the volume we do so its always a challenge and work neat is not a nice thing to do its have to work neat of you fuck yourself over.

My store's GSTL's planned ahead and gave all of the cashiers, cart attendants and service desk team slips of paper telling us our scheduled shift, our break and meal times, what register we were on (if applicable), and our RedCard goal. But they forgot to fill out the normal front end grid so *they* could track breaks and meals..... and they had lots of people on the clock at 5:45 and scheduled to take their break in the first hour.

Cashiers were way too busy to be able to watch for their break times. Since GSTL didn't have a grid to watch, a LOT of people missed their scheduled break, which caused a lot of problems later when the 2 hour mark came and everyone wanted to break at roughly the same time, because they're accustomed to the "work 2 - break - work 2 - meal" routine.

Our DTL told our ETLs none of them can go home until the backstock is done.

Yep even yesterday mobile was a cluster one dude on hand and the phone ringing off the hook for the I think it was the iPhone release or orders coming in..

Market source is just really poorly run. They have bad retention which leads to a lack of coverage. I can't think of many tech who were happy with their job

Last edited:
I ran the Apple Shop at my store. All anybody wanted was the Series 1 and 32 GB iPads. A couple series 3 sold now and again, but as soon as I told the guest it was normal price they usually changed their mind; I only brought that up when directly asked. Bring back the giftcard promo instead of a sale, we had more business with that. If they can't make that happen, don't advertise stuff in the ad that isn't on sale. It just pisses the guests off when they find out it's normal price, and we usually lose the sale entirely, instead of convincing them to take a sale on a lesser product. Also, purchase more Gold and Rose Gold watches for stores. I lost a number of sales because I didn't have those specific colors in stock, despite having the watch they wanted in other colors. Drive instore traffic by making ipads and watches ineligible for store pickup; on Black Friday watches and ipads are loss leaders anyways.

Mobile app line worked really well at my store, but Marketsource needs to communicate that with the Target team before BF begins, not day of. They also need to stress test their actual upgrade system and make that run faster. We turned away a number of potential sales because we didn't think we'd have time to do all activations. Our team was great at communicating with us, but it would've been nice to have an idea heading in on how things run, as there was a little initial confusion once texts began to be sent out.

TV shop worked well in Frozen, but our guests looked at us like we were crazy all night. We had lots left though, so do better sales.

Dont make that big a purchase of Xbox One S again. I still have like 20 of them. Buy more PS4s, I'm way out of the ones on sale. Nintendo Switches not on sale is fine, I still have plenty left but am not worried about moving them, as the closer we get to Christmas. Work with Nintendo on doing more sales on their games though, we had a lot of guests disappointed that there was hardly anything for them on sale.

The Beats sale sucked. Do a better sale, or purchase less product. I'm gonna have powerbeats for forever, but the urbeats sold fairly decently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back