Archived Help with benefit options

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed up for benefits this past open enrollment period but when I was given the options for bennefets all I was offered was 401k options. I was looking for some sort of health insurance (vision). Everyone I have talked to at my store has said they don’t understand why I didn’t have any other options, I have been at target over a year Incase that matters. If anyone has any ideas as to why I am not eligible for any other options or any help figuring this issue out it would be greatly appreciated, also this is my first post so if I did this wrong sorry.

401k is available to any employee over 18 who has worked at Spot for more than 6 months and accrued at least 1000 hours on the clock. Medical, dental, vision benefits are only available if your average hours exceed a certain amount (I believe 29 but don't quote me on that).

From target pay site:

As a Target Stores Team Member, you are eligible for:

At date of hire:
  •  Team Member Discount
  •  Team Member LifeResources
  •  NurseLine
  •  Travel Accident

At 6 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
  •  Vacation- You begin to accrue and can start using vacation
  •  Sick Hours (CA, HI, NJ, NY, RI)
  •  Bereavement (Funeral) Pay

At 6 months* if you average 29.5 hours or more per week:
  •  Vacation- You begin to accrue and can start using vacation
  •  Sick Hours (CA, HI, NJ, NY, RI)
  •  Bereavement (Funeral) Pay
  •  Personal Holidays (up to 2 days)- You begin to accrue and can start using personal holiday time
  •  National Holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)

Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
  •  Dental
  •  Daycare Flexible Spending Account (Daycare FSA)
  •  Group Legal Plan
  •  Adoption Assistance
  •  Life Insurance (Target Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
  •  Short-Term Disability (team members in California, Hawaii**, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-Term Disability Plan)
  •  Long-Term Disability

Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 29.5 or more hours per week:
  •  Medical
  •  Dental
  •  Vision Eyewear Plan, available with medical enrollment
  •  Life Insurance (Target Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
  •  Short-Term Disability (team members in California, Hawaii**, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state’s Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-Term Disability Plan).

•  Long-Term Disability
  •  Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (Healthcare FSA)
  •  Daycare Flexible Spending Account (Daycare FSA)
  •  Group Legal Plan
  •  Adoption Assistance

I average over 30 hours a week and I have been here over a year, that’s why I’m confused. I don’t understand why the other options aren’t available to me

I believe there’s an open enrollment period in first quarter

I got a letter in the mail that said to review options and the only thing I could do was pick between a Roth 401k and a regular 401k

I signed up for benefits this past open enrollment period but when I was given the options for bennefets all I was offered was 401k options. I was looking for some sort of health insurance (vision). Everyone I have talked to at my store has said they don’t understand why I didn’t have any other options, I have been at target over a year Incase that matters. If anyone has any ideas as to why I am not eligible for any other options or any help figuring this issue out it would be greatly appreciated, also this is my first post so if I did this wrong sorry.
Call tmsc for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back