Archived Help???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my schedule for the next two weeks and 2 of the days say presentation at like 6 am. What does that mean??????

Presentation is floor setting. I believe it means you'll be helping the planogram team for the day. :) There is also the possibility that your store had extra hours for presentation and used some of them for you... meaning you'd do what you normally do but are scheduled under presentation because they have the hours. Considering your start time is 6am, though, most likely you'll be helping the planogram team set the floor. They'll show you what to do when you get there.

Sometimes. I get shifts in 7? different areas, and my 2 week schedule has me with 15 hours, CAx3 5 hour shifts MWF >_>

Since the holidays are over, im gunna take a stab and say you will be flexing the christmas stuff. Pretty easy stuff, boss says aisle you grab everything and put in the section boss says, keeping same brands together. sqeeze as much stuff together while making it look nice. then clean the empty aisle, print tags for items that dont have one. move on to next aisle repeat. Good luck, wont be very hard

Amen. Can't tell you how many times I've listened to people complain about hours being cut who don't want to do anything except the one job they started on when they got hired. The more you know, the more hours you can get. Just makes sense.

Seriously. There's so many people in my stores - seems to be cashiers in particular - who complain about having no hours but refuse to crosstrain on anything salesfloor. We just hired four seasonal HL TMs! Those hours could have been yours!

Presentation is floor setting. I believe it means you'll be helping the planogram team for the day. :) There is also the possibility that your store had extra hours for presentation and used some of them for you... meaning you'd do what you normally do but are scheduled under presentation because they have the hours. Considering your start time is 6am, though, most likely you'll be helping the planogram team set the floor. They'll show you what to do when you get there.

I hope they aren't stealing hours from presentation, that's evil.
It's good to be learn plano because whenever they have a big set they will call on you.
If you like it and they have an opening you could even transfer over.

I love helping presentation out. I have my 2nd presentation shift next week, I'm excited. I'm the person that enjoys setting sales planners & all that jazz. I like detail oriented work. Plus it is nice to have a day away from pfresh, as much as I love it sometimes a break is just needed.

I love helping presentation out. I have my 2nd presentation shift next week, I'm excited. I'm the person that enjoys setting sales planners & all that jazz. I like detail oriented work. Plus it is nice to have a day away from pfresh, as much as I love it sometimes a break is just needed.

Plano is so much better than pushing and zoning the same aisles day after day. Nice sense of accomplishment too.:excited:

Amen. Can't tell you how many times I've listened to people complain about hours being cut who don't want to do anything except the one job they started on when they got hired. The more you know, the more hours you can get. Just makes sense.

Seriously. There's so many people in my stores - seems to be cashiers in particular - who complain about having no hours but refuse to crosstrain on anything salesfloor. We just hired four seasonal HL TMs! Those hours could have been yours!

For what it's worth, I've expressed interest in cross-training several times, but they always give me the same BS about "not enough hours to train you." It took almost a year just to complete my learning plan for hardlines.

For what it's worth, I've expressed interest in cross-training several times, but they always give me the same BS about "not enough hours to train you." It took almost a year just to complete my learning plan for hardlines.

Mr k, keep on asking! Just talk to your back room tl, ask them to help you get the back room cert for starters.

Mr k, keep on asking! Just talk to your back room tl, ask them to help you get the back room cert for starters.

I'm working on it. But I rarely see my backroom TL, and every area has been cut across the board. I've been thrown into electronics and P-Fresh a few times, but I'm useless without proper training.

Seriously. There's so many people in my stores - seems to be cashiers in particular - who complain about having no hours but refuse to crosstrain on anything salesfloor.

Odd, I never have had a single shift scheduled as anything but cashier, yet I average 30-40 hours every week, and will actually have 94 hours on my next paycheck due to working 53 hours two weeks ago and 41 last week.

I think most of the cashiers here get 30+ hours actually unless they specifically request not to or have specific days of the week they refuse to work.

Must be a very high volume store, for us outside of the holidays we usually have 2-3 cashiers working at any given time. Lower volume but not ULV.

We had 6 people working in electronics today for an hour and had at least four people over there all day (with 2 in mobile). Yesterday we had 4 people in electronics and 4 in mobile. Overkill? Yes. We superzoned entertainment and electronics and started cleaning up seasonal. Good news is we are now the top dog in sales for our district!

Odd, I never have had a single shift scheduled as anything but cashier, yet I average 30-40 hours every week, and will actually have 94 hours on my next paycheck due to working 53 hours two weeks ago and 41 last week.

I think most of the cashiers here get 30+ hours actually unless they specifically request not to or have specific days of the week they refuse to work.

Either your store is very high-volume or you don't have that many cashiers.

Me too... I love setting the floor. But then I'm also a detail oriented individual. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back