Archived Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we were still allowed to keep supplies in the control room, we always kept some feminine product in there that had been defected out (slightly open box, returned but never opened, etc). The guest service women always kept it quietly stocked and the other women in the store knew they could come up and ask to be let in for supplies at any time.

I may need to find some spare room in photo or something to bring this back. TMs are a lot more comfortable if they know we can help them out with simple stuff like this.

I haven't seen it stated, but if you are super serious about getting hours, speak with Team Leads in other departments, yes, but more importantly - get a Learning Plan done for those areas. MyTime scheduling doesn't recognize who is trained for what unless a learning plan is submitted.
My ETL-HR told me that we'd be grandfathered in for any work center we'd been scheduled in when we were using MAX.

This depends on the store. Mine doesn't allow khaki skirts unless you wear them every day for religious reasons.
The handbook specifically allows skirts, so I don't think you're allowed to tell someone they CAN'T wear a skirt, unless it's a safety issue

I haven't seen it stated, but if you are super serious about getting hours, speak with Team Leads in other departments, yes, but more importantly - get a Learning Plan done for those areas. MyTime scheduling doesn't recognize who is trained for what unless a learning plan is submitted.
My ETL-HR told me that we'd be grandfathered in for any work center we'd been scheduled in when we were using MAX.

This depends on the store. Mine doesn't allow khaki skirts unless you wear them every day for religious reasons.
The handbook specifically allows skirts, so I don't think you're allowed to tell someone they CAN'T wear a skirt, unless it's a safety issue

When going to MyTime, they set those for everyone based on the work centers they knew. I've never completed a learning plan for any department, but still get scheduled. I don't get scheduled salesfloor shifts unless they are really desperate the the TL asks if it's okay if he steals me for a shift. But then again, they're basically doing most of our schedules by hand again.

And we were told we cannot wear skirts. They may be allowed in the handbook, but they put the kabosh on it at my store. It's sort of like the khaki color being "recommended." Yes, that means you can wear other colors...but try that at my store and you'll be told that they only want to see you in khaki from that point on.

When going to MyTime, they set those for everyone based on the work centers they knew. I've never completed a learning plan for any department, but still get scheduled. I don't get scheduled salesfloor shifts unless they are really desperate the the TL asks if it's okay if he steals me for a shift. But then again, they're basically doing most of our schedules by hand again.

And we were told we cannot wear skirts. They may be allowed in the handbook, but they put the kabosh on it at my store. It's sort of like the khaki color being "recommended." Yes, that means you can wear other colors...but try that at my store and you'll be told that they only want to see you in khaki from that point on.

Last I knew, my store was mostly going by what MyTime did and not editing it if possible. I guess they were trying to see how it worked and working out the bugs.

It sucks that you can't wear skirts AT ALL. I wear skirts every day partly because my store just gets too hot for pants all the time. I would die if I had to wear pants when it's 90 out. I wonder if maybe there was an incident with a too-short skirt or something.

Last I knew, my store was mostly going by what MyTime did and not editing it if possible. I guess they were trying to see how it worked and working out the bugs.

It sucks that you can't wear skirts AT ALL. I wear skirts every day partly because my store just gets too hot for pants all the time. I would die if I had to wear pants when it's 90 out. I wonder if maybe there was an incident with a too-short skirt or something.

Yeah, at first they were doing, "just trust the schedule." After about a month, small edits started appearing here and there. Then larger edits. And you noticed patterns in scheduling that would never happen if they weren't hand done (usually involving favoritism). Like certain TMs getting every other weekend off, certain TMs *always* being scheduled on the days they were available (for instance, if they are available four days a week, you cannot tell me that they will always get those four days if the computer is doing the schedule). Some TMs get longer shifts than others...constantly. Etc, etc. I cleared a TM for guest services earlier this week, and told HR about it since I know communication at my store is non-existent. Her first question to me? "Should her first shift to get comfortable on her own be an opening or closing shift?" That isn't the question of someone who lets the computer do the schedule.

I mean, it's fine they've gone back to that...especially since my main work center is done by hand, so that generally means the rest needs to be done by hand as well to get my hours...so what will be will be.

And regarding the skirts...I have complained each and every summer how hot it is in our building...even the guests complain. It is miserable. The only time it is semi-bearable is if I'm at guest services where we have a fan. I would wear skirts in an instant if I thought I could get away with it. I don't know what is up with the no skirt policy...but that's been in effect so long, and we've switched both ETL-HRs and STLs since then...so if I'm there next summer (please, no) I may ask about that.

Yeah, at first they were doing, "just trust the schedule." After about a month, small edits started appearing here and there. Then larger edits. And you noticed patterns in scheduling that would never happen if they weren't hand done (usually involving favoritism). Like certain TMs getting every other weekend off, certain TMs *always* being scheduled on the days they were available (for instance, if they are available four days a week, you cannot tell me that they will always get those four days if the computer is doing the schedule). Some TMs get longer shifts than others...constantly. Etc, etc. I cleared a TM for guest services earlier this week, and told HR about it since I know communication at my store is non-existent. Her first question to me? "Should her first shift to get comfortable on her own be an opening or closing shift?" That isn't the question of someone who lets the computer do the schedule.

I mean, it's fine they've gone back to that...especially since my main work center is done by hand, so that generally means the rest needs to be done by hand as well to get my hours...so what will be will be.

And regarding the skirts...I have complained each and every summer how hot it is in our building...even the guests complain. It is miserable. The only time it is semi-bearable is if I'm at guest services where we have a fan. I would wear skirts in an instant if I thought I could get away with it. I don't know what is up with the no skirt policy...but that's been in effect so long, and we've switched both ETL-HRs and STLs since then...so if I'm there next summer (please, no) I may ask about that.

We had four cashiers ALL DAY on Labor Day, since obviously MyTime didn't know it was a national holiday. It was awful.

Our store is the same way. I would DIE if I couldn't wear skirts. I can't even wear tights or pantyhose unless it's less than 40 out because I get too hot. You should absolutely ask.

At my store were not allowed to wear skirts strictly khakis and red shirts.

Actually they can't keep you from wearing skirts.
If someone has a religious reason for wearing dresses they can't stop you.

At my store were not allowed to wear skirts strictly khakis and red shirts.

Actually they can't keep you from wearing skirts.
If someone has a religious reason for wearing dresses they can't stop you.

Yes, but you have better have been in a skirt when you interviewed and your first day of work. You can't go back and forth between this. Either you are in skirts 100% of the time, or you had better be in khaki pants 100% of the time.

What if you change religions? I just think the no-skirt rule is ridiculous; it's specifically called out in the handbook as being a-okay and some stores get WAY too hot for pants in the summer. I can't even wear thin tights to work without overheating, unless it's below freezing out.

Several gals throughout the store wear skirts; one lady wears 'em long 'cause she's a Mormon, couple in SL wear 'em just above the knee & a gal in Instocks always sports scooter skirts. Our leadership has no prob as long as it looks brand while promoting a diverse look.

They can also say they are full time cause of the benefits they are getting, average over 30hrs you get health insurance and a few other things..
You don't get it instantly tho. Only tl's and above do. You have to work more than 1040 hours I believe and wait til next years enrollment time.

I'm not sure what everyone here is talking about but at this time of the year new hires that come in as Flow or backroom will get full time.
But they are not considered full time employees. They just get 40 hours for the timebeing. December 26 they will be back to 25 hours a week.

Yeah understandable I mean with the hours I got aren't even considered full time anyways but one of the etls came in and ask the hr lady if these were seasonal people or full time and the hr last said full time. It just sucks because I have stuff to pay for and I hate working under 5 days a week that's crap ! Considering the drive I drive there everyday is 30 mins north from my house so I'm spending atleast 100 bucks in gas a week. idk hopefully things will pick up with the season starting and I can get a chance to be cross trained and all. My only thing with these uniforms is khakis = sucky for women...especially for that time on month! Lol ladies any ideas on when that time of month happens and u have to wear khakis lol
Wth???

I'm not sure what everyone here is talking about but at this time of the year new hires that come in as Flow or backroom will get full time.
But they are not considered full time employees. They just get 40 hours for the timebeing. December 26 they will be back to 25 hours a week.
No they wont. Anyone on our flow team that's wants 32+ hours a week is able to get it at anytime. We take 4 trucks a week, that right there is 32 hours. Then it's as simple as working a non-truck day to pull and work autos/backstock. The only reason that someone on our team would 25 hrs a week is either because they didn't want more, or they're a lazy worker and someone else that works hard got bumped up to 40 to make up for it.

Yeah understandable I mean with the hours I got aren't even considered full time anyways but one of the etls came in and ask the hr lady if these were seasonal people or full time and the hr last said full time. It just sucks because I have stuff to pay for and I hate working under 5 days a week that's crap ! Considering the drive I drive there everyday is 30 mins north from my house so I'm spending atleast 100 bucks in gas a week. idk hopefully things will pick up with the season starting and I can get a chance to be cross trained and all. My only thing with these uniforms is khakis = sucky for women...especially for that time on month! Lol ladies any ideas on when that time of month happens and u have to wear khakis lol
Never count on target for over 30 hours average on a monthly basis. Everyone is part time though you can up hours during the holidays.. Depending on sales, they will keep a few or like last year, no people at the end of 90 days. If you have 32.5 hours as an average then you are eligible for benefits. It's hard to do since come January your hours can drop down to nothing.

No they wont. Anyone on our flow team that's wants 32+ hours a week is able to get it at anytime. We take 4 trucks a week, that right there is 32 hours. Then it's as simple as working a non-truck day to pull and work autos/backstock. The only reason that someone on our team would 25 hrs a week is either because they didn't want more, or they're a lazy worker and someone else that works hard got bumped up to 40 to make up for it.
Your store is not the norm. Our trucks provide everyone a 5 hour day. Clock in at 6, they are scheduled out and must leave by 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back