Archived Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as getting coverage to avoid compliance, I would recommend that you get on the walkie at 4:30 (or 5:30 if you're in a 6 hour state) and tell your TL that you need coverage for your meal to avoid compliance. If someone hasn't arrived in 10 minutes, do it again, and this time it's "I need this NOW". As I understand it, there are major penalties to the company for not ensuring that all meals are taken on time.

I'm surprised you still have a Target Tech person. I thought that was being eliminated company wide.

Hang in there.

Take your best game to the job every day. Sometimes it’s nearly impossible but you will thank yourself later.

I appreciate this thank you. It’s just irritating that I want to make me and the store look good. It just seems impossible. It even brings me joy to inform about products and I get a feeling of purpose when I successfully get a red card, meet sales goals, or attach a warranty. I finally found a work place I would be great at. It’s just others make it difficult.

Hey guys so I’m here to vent my frustrations. If you guys don’t mind lol....

Alright so I was hired at a super target a month ago for electronics. Let me just say that it is a lot of work, but over time and practice it’s doable. It’s not the job itself, it’s some of my TMs in the same department as me, some of my superiors, and some of the people that cover my breaks. I will first start off with the fact that I love what I do and I absolutely love that I get to keep busy and have time pass. I just got a raise because target has been raising their wages and I got hired in a gray area where I was in a position to get a raise during the higher wage. What is fantastic about working for Target and in electronics, is that I am always busy and the time goes by super fast. Also working next to Target Tech makes me feel not so lonely because I get someone to talk to here and there which is fantastic.

Here’s the bad...
My team lead never helps with anything at all. I’m all about communication. I also understand that I am new. However, what I will never understand is how come he gets to constantly tell me I am the laziest and least productive in my department when that is far from the truth. I am open to criticism and feedback. My issue is that anytime you give feedback to someone, it is generally recommended you at least state one positive the LEAST and then give the negative feedback. NOPE. Every time it’s always me me me and wrong wrong wrong. I have yet to hear ONE just ONE thing positive from my team lead. Did I mention that he hides in the back and walks around on his phone all the time. I have one friend, and I dont talk to my ex anymore so I literally have no friends to text or anything. But GOD FORBID I OPEN MY PHONE TO LOOK AT MY SCHEDULE. He will creep up on me and tell me im not productive. Hypocrite much? I also get set up and framed all the time. I feel like a pledge in a fraternity. Anyone that works a shift in electronics before i come in, will leave me endless amounts of push and infinite reshop and then i get scolded for it. I will ask an LOD for help sometimes and sometimes I will get help, but when people help and if i thank them, they respond “it’s not like we have a choice” and they give me dirty looks. I even justify myself saying that I did not leave all this. Let me clarify to everyone that I have no problem with push, reshop, and zoning. No problem at all. My problem is people leaving me all this stuff and me getting blamed for all of it. I am one person and I have to fly a 2 person job with no copilot, and then i get in trouble and dirty looks. I almost never want to take my breaks because the people that cover me, tend to hide in the back and not pick up where i left off for simply 15 or 30 minutes. I hit compliance twice because it’s almost impossible to find someone to cover me because I am not allowed to leave the boat unattended.
My team lead is a lazy wannabe manager. A team lead is supposed to guide, a manager is supposed to direct. Again I am open to criticism and pointers but just ONE compliment would make a huge difference. I cant even transfer for another 50 something days yay me...

Long story short I love my job, the company, starting pay (it’s alright).

I can not stand the negative, lazy, and unreliable environment.

People at my store that are AWESOME
• ETL that hired me
• One guy in my department
• STL
• Target Tech
• 90% people from other departments
• HR

People at my store that need a reality check and a few classes about respect and motivation
• team leads
• STL for HR
• Any other ETL except the one that hired me
• People that cover my breaks if I’m lucky
• Other people in my department

And yes I have talked to ETL, other team leads, and HR. Any management possible in my store about my concern. And I did it in the most polite and professional way without throwing names out. I am literally stuck in a pickle because I love my job and I love the company.

If you guys could just help me make it through the next 50 something days, that would be great. Sorry again for the length, but it felt good to let it out.

When did Target have an STL for just HR 🤔

I may have mistitled one idk. But we have a manager for hr and he/she is the same rank as our stl. Is there a title im missing? Feel free to correct me, my bad.

You are 1 person doing the job of 2. That is Targets new reality. If you are going to be making $12 and hour "you need to earn it" is the new mantra. The feedback? That is also the new reality.Long gone are the days when you try to help new team members become great team members. We are in a sink or swim scenario. Everytime your TL talks to you they are coaching you. If they see you talking to tech, that will be a coaching. It doesn't matter if tech is teaching you something. In Targets new eyes it means you are spending that time talking instead of actively selling. You need to take the feedback and run with it. If they say you are unproductive become productive. As far as the folks who need a reality check. Even waaaaaay back there have been people who need a reality check. Some people have huge egos and if there is someone who is enjoying their job and making a name for themselves, that person is a threat. Those people need to be looked at as mosquitos, you just can't smack them. It sounds like you enjoy the job. Right now Service and sales are the 2 keywords. Stay away from tech. Walk your department, stay out of the boat area. Talk to the guests, not just hi! but engage them, sell them.If you can be the best at that, you will have their job!

thank you! I do engage a lot. Sometimes more than needed to show that im a person too! I really am a people person, and i dont screw around either. Its just hard to stay positive when you dont feel like you are part of a team
:(

My advice? Care less. I used to be super angry all the time because I try so hard to improve my area and others come behind me and screw up everything, and then I decided I'm just not paid enough to care. I still work hard and fix all the fuckups daily but as long as they're paying me, then whatevs.

One thing I'd advise is to take before(/after) photos of the ridiculous scenarios that take chunks out of your day. Like if you walk in to 20 carts of gobacks, or your zone looks like a tornado ran through it, mountains of push/backstock when you've been off for a couple days, etc. My immediate leads are pretty good right now but I've had my share of dicks running things, and if they come at you it's easier to show them the problems you ran into and ask them to hold those that created them responsible instead. Whether they do or not is another story, but if they escalate things then you can at least somewhat defend yourself with photos.

Good luck, and I hope things improve for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back