Archived Holiday Pay, despite not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPC

特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す
I was talking to my mom about work on Memorial Day, and being slightly annoyed that I couldn't pick up hours to get the time and a half. She said that "You get paid for it even if you don't work, as long as you don't call out the next day."

Is that true? I told her that must be something only her work does, because I've never heard of such a thing, but she insisted. So much so, that I decided to look it up. So I'm thinking maybe this could be some sort of law, or common practice? I figured I'd check here, after a not so enlightening google search. Anyone have any idea what she was talking about?

I think you have to be a TL or higher to get the holiday pay (as opposed to the time-and-a-half you'd get for working), but I've never heard anything about not calling in the next day. Unless your state has weird laws, that may be unique to your mom's employer.

I think you have to be a TL or higher to get the holiday pay (as opposed to the time-and-a-half you'd get for working), but I've never heard anything about not calling in the next day. Unless your state has weird laws, that may be unique to your mom's employer.
If I remember correct, I qualify for Holiday pay, but Because I have been with Spot for 3+ years now, and am full Time. But I want to say it is only for X-mas and Thanksgiving or something.

TMs holiday pay is for Christmas and Thanksgiving only, TLs and above get more of the other holidays paid regardless if they work or not.

My hrtm told it like this.

All company workers of all levels get time and a half for any hours worked on holidays. There are 7 holidays in the year.

Full time TM and above gets thanksgiving and Christmas holiday pay.

Full time TL and above gets holiday pay for all holidays.

Part time workers at any level do not get holiday pay.

My hrtm told it like this.

All company workers of all levels get time and a half for any hours worked on holidays. There are 7 holidays in the year.

Full time TM and above gets thanksgiving and Christmas holiday pay.

Full time TL and above gets holiday pay for all holidays.

Part time workers at any level do not get holiday pay.
True

That's a pretty common business practice...Target does the same thing. You have to work your scheduled shift the day before and after the holiday in order to be paid for it. It's to keep people from faking sick for long weekends. But emplayers may make exceptions for this if they really believe the employee is sick.

Ah I see. Well I'm neither a TL or full time. I'm just shy of a 30 hour average. I'm up to 29.9 now. So close! That's good to know though. Hopefully the flu doesn't knock me out during the upcoming holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back