Archived Hotline - Privacy Violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Marley

Team Member
So... my STL gave out an ETL's personal phone number... on channel 1 of the walkie. I can't even begin to understand how someone could be so dumb as to give out something like that, let alone the STL. I already emailed the Integrity hotline about it, since my store doesn't have an ETL HR at the moment and I can't exactly go to the STL, but I'm wondering how seriously they take this?

Has anyone called the hotline on privacy violations before? I'm wondering what I can expect from this, whether he will be in serious trouble or just given a slap on the wrist if they investigate and find out it's true.

I would say it's that ETL's business to complain about it.

Probably, but if he's dumb enough to give out personal info on the walkie once, who's to say he won't do it again? Or some other idiotic bullshit

If it was a non exempt TM and he was upset, he’d have a case for a hotline call but an ETL probably won’t bother calling

Probably, but if he's dumb enough to give out personal info on the walkie once, who's to say he won't do it again? Or some other idiotic bullshit

I'd say leave it for now, ask the ETL what they thought about it etc.. but, he hasn't done it again, correct? No one at work decided to just whip out their phone on a whim to save his or her phone number as if they knew it was about to happen.

So... my STL gave out an ETL's personal phone number... on channel 1 of the walkie. I can't even begin to understand how someone could be so dumb as to give out something like that, let alone the STL. I already emailed the Integrity hotline about it, since my store doesn't have an ETL HR at the moment and I can't exactly go to the STL, but I'm wondering how seriously they take this?

Has anyone called the hotline on privacy violations before? I'm wondering what I can expect from this, whether he will be in serious trouble or just given a slap on the wrist if they investigate and find out it's true.

If you go look in receiving, your supposed to have your STL and ETL-Logs number and address as an emergency contact so I don't know if privacy is really a big deal in Targets eyes.

Yeah if my STL pulled some crap like that I'd make him pay my phone bills. But no ETL would call the hotline over something like this. It would just make them look like a coward (and a bit untrustworthy) that they didn't speak to the STL directly.

Don't contact the hotline for stuff like this!

The hotline is for egregious shit that can't be handled in store and that Spot could get legal trouble for.
They only want to hear about shit like sexual harassment that has already been reported many times and not handled by STL or HR ETL, an ETL stealing from tills, threats of violence, stuff that is illegal.
Being told to do something you don't like or the managers not working the way you think they should is not a hotline call.
If you don't go through channels it will just get dropped back to the STL and they will be pissed.

Keep in mind that just like the HR person the Hotline is not there to help you, it is there to protect Spot.
It is a tool you use only under very certain circumstances and even then you want to be careful how you go about it.

I would take @commiecorvus advice many a time their wise words have stopped me from calling on things that easily would have made me a target for performancing out. While its frustrating spot doesnt have many outlets other than trusting a leader enough to talk behind closed doors about thinga like this. Honestly that was the etls call on how to handle it. For you personally make a mental note not to tell the stl anything you dont want blasted on channel one then keep plugging along.

You should of talk to your hr on your concern, first. By contacting the hotline, you have to prove the event happened with documented date, time, other tm's, etc. heresay is not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back