Archived Hours cut! Everybody is really pissed off at my store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should be able to step back and see the whole picture in an objective light.

They cut my POG shifts by thirty minutes and it's led to an irritating conversation with our ETL-SL and TLs who always think I'm staying until 12:30 and I have to be like nope! They don't even ask if I can stay, they just assume.

They cut my POG shifts by thirty minutes and it's led to an irritating conversation with our ETL-SL and TLs who always think I'm staying until 12:30 and I have to be like nope! They don't even ask if I can stay, they just assume.

This week should be interesting they cut my shifts by an hour each and three of those days there is no one coming into SFS after me.. Not my problem shit won't get packed or on the truck or hell even picked after I leave.. No one scheduled..

Gee it's like corporations purposefully got rid of stable, living wage jobs in order to reneg on their social obligation to the workers who make the executives rich off their labor and thus creating the situation we have today with a precarious, over educated workforce that can't find good jobs

kr0NZFC.jpg

I agree!! I think its pretty sad how some people in here defend target no matter what.

Then there's you who criticizes everyone no matter what. Just because target makes a lot of money doesn't mean they owe you anything. If you don't like the wages it's on you to get a better job.

I have a job that pays recently and that I feel pretty excited to go too everyday. I'm grateful for this company even if I find it entirely flawed

Well some employees are relatively privileged in that they have full time status with benefits, it's the overseer syndrome

What a bunch of bullshit. It's not privilege when they work for it. Sure corporate has some plush jobs but ask any fulltime store level person on this site. They had to work hard to get where they are, and they have to maintain that performance unless they want to get managed out.

What a bunch of bullshit. It's not privilege when they work for it. Sure corporate has some plush jobs but ask any fulltime store level person on this site. They had to work hard to get where they are, and they have to maintain that performance unless they want to get managed out.
It's privileged in comparison to those who dont have that status, that doesn't mean folks didn't work hard to get that, of course they did, no corporation is going to give that status without putting a worker through the grinder and making sure they comply with the corporation's interest. The point is that division between those relatively privileged workers who have such a status is used as a means to discipline those workers out of fear of being in a more precarious position like their part time coworkers.

Well some employees are relatively privileged in that they have full time status with benefits, it's the overseer syndrome

I agree @HRZone! Many who have full time status have worked hard for that status. Problem is for some of the ones complaining in our store about hours. They are unreliable. They call off more than once a week. Why give hours to them if they are going to cause the employees who do show up to work 10 times harder.

We only have two FoodAve TMs now so I've been sitting up there at 35 hours on average. But I'm waiting for the ball to drop and I know cafe is going to have hours cut like crazy.

I've had my hours cut to one or two shifts a week and I've only called out once because I was sick, I have only been late one time because I was stuck in a car accident on the interstate heading to work. Guess this makes me unreliable and undeserving of hours?

Last edited:
Yall should really read up on some basic economic theory to understand these corporations derive their profits from the labor of the workers, so yes they actually do owe workers alot, if it wasn't for the workers the corporations wouldn't exist and it's only because they are in a position of power they can hold workers hostage with precarious terms of employment. The biggest lie ever sold that alot of you have bought is that the corporation's interest is your interest as workers.

I've had my hours cut to one or two shifts a week and I've only called out once because I was sick, I have only been late one time because I was stuck in a car accident on the interstate heading to work. Guess this makes me unreliable and undeserving of hours?

Totally not why you're hours are cut....

Jesus, it's like you're from the book Animal Farm.

Yall should really read up on some basic economic theory to understand these corporations derive their profits from the labor of the workers, so yes they actually do owe workers alot, if it wasn't for the workers the corporations wouldn't exist and it's only because they are in a position of power they can hold workers hostage with precarious terms of employment. The biggest lie ever sold that alot of you have bought is that the corporation's interest is your interest as workers.

*does two hours of internet research*

"Ya'll should read more!!!!"

Lets just set a couple things straight that some posters are getting wrong here. In any company, payroll is based on a percentage of sales. Most stores have seen about a 50% decrease in daily sales in January vs. December and hours have been reduced by approximately 33%. Based on these facts, payroll budget rate in January is actually higher than it was in December.

Just like a personal budget, a company and each store has limitations on how much payroll they spend based on their sales and profit. It's not up to the company to make sure every employee gets a full time living wage. If your hours don't support your lifestyle, either you need another job or a different lifestyle.

Last edited:
Lets just set a couple things straight that some posters are getting wrong here. In any company, payroll is based on a percentage of sales. Most stores have seen about a 50% decrease in daily sales inn January vs. December and hours have been reduced by approximately 33%. Based on these facts, payroll budget rate in January is actually higher than it was in December's

Just like a personal budget, a company and each store has limitations on how much payroll they spend based on their sales and profit. It's not up to the company to make sure every employee gets a full time living wage. If your hours don't support your lifestyle, either you need another job or a different lifestyle.

So you are ok with a company like target making a ton of money while a huge number of employees are on food stamps and welfare. IF you think like that you are part of the problem.

Love the personal attack on @HRZone without any evidence. Probably one of the most helpful people on this site

There was a post in here not to long ago where @HRZone was bragging about being able to steal hours from other stores. I said at the time that seemed questionable and not something I would want to be involved in. HRZone might be helpful but they are also blindly protarget.

And if not for corporations a lot of us wouldn't have a job. I'm not saying Target is perfect but it's pretty simple if you don't like it then leave. This is how a capitalist economy works. You want to make more money you fight tooth and nail for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back