Archived Hours cut! Everybody is really pissed off at my store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I’ll pick up the CA shifts though... might need some tips and assurance that I won’t crash a bunch of carts into someone’s Mercedes...
I'm sure you'll look great in that high-visibility vest though - prime Target fashion. Just think about it!

---

I've been trying to remain positive here, but I looked on a few pages of the schedule today just for hahas and the TM with the most hours only had 18 hours (cart attendant). I was given 5.5 hours for one week. :(

I'm trained in multiple workcenters, have pretty wide open availability, always say yes to coming in when called, expressed interest in training in even more workcenters, told my TL I'm interested in coming in on my days off, etc. but it doesn't seem to be working. I was doing like 40 hours a week during Q4, so having 5-12 hours a week now just kind of sucks, since I genuinely like working, and having money is nice. These 4 hour shifts suck, too, since I prefer working 8-10 hours.

Not sure what else I can do besides try to prove myself valuable to the team and keep expressing interest in picking up more hours (the swap shift board has been pretty much completely bare for this whole month). I understand that this time of the year is slow for everyone, but they're not replacing people when they call out, and we have very little coverage, so work just isn't getting done.

I'm sure these same concerns have been reiterated throughout this thread, but the struggle is real :p

I'm just happy I still have a job, to be completely honest~

Are hours exceptionally low for the week of 2/4? I somehow lucked into 2 days. ( Maybe coming in twice a week to cover call ins the past few weeks helped ?)
Most cashiers have about 12 hrs for the week and even the favorite GS gal has only 15 hrs. and she is normally over 30, No cashier or CA has more than 15 hours for the week.

I work in Market, and I'm averaging 15-20h with completely open availability. MARKET. (and no, we don't have that many Market TMs). Screw Target, lol...

Oh, I know. It's just painful when there's so much work to do and we're put under so much pressure to deliver the same amount of work with half the hours. Yeah, no. People probably think I'm a slacker but I just refuse to run around like my pants are on fire because there's no hours. I don't get paid enough to care, lol.

One result of bounce back is that our storage room is now locked at all times...lol what a joke. One day in and a cart full of shelves were already left in the hallway outside, and people can’t get to the signing printer inside (which means nobody is going to stand around and wait for someone to come and unlock it. Any bets on how long the locked door will last?

One result of bounce back is that our storage room is now locked at all times...lol what a joke. One day in and a cart full of shelves were already left in the hallway outside, and people can’t get to the signing printer inside (which means nobody is going to stand around and wait for someone to come and unlock it. Any bets on how long the locked door will last?

Oh we waited and drove the LOD nuts case every 5min we needed in there last time they tried this. Though this time we are waiting a lot longer cause this set of ETL's are lazy fucks. It got locked this last time cause our VML and softlines just leaves their shit anywhere and everywhere.. I had enough since they blocked the access to one of the big ladders so I took all the carts and left them in the fitting room one morning.. They ended up in the fixture room, it got locked two days later..

There are no market hours this time of year. Unless your leadership has the balls to steal it from other work centers it's a complete joke
Which is part of the problem. I am sorry but one of the thing Spot needs to know is the if you do it right people will come in for food more than clothes.

It gets worse after Valentine's day.

Is there a prevailing reason why (other than first of the fiscal year)
Our store posting 6% growth over last year and our cosmetics managed to go from 17% in red (17 down) to break even. I don't know what to say because I always assumed the forecast was to blame.

Seriously I think all that should vanish and hours be based on task alone (ie pay out hours first and let sales recover it. If they don't, then there is your problem store)

why did they lock the storage room?

Didn't hear. Just showed up one day and there was a padlock on the door and only TLs had keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back